Liverpool v crewe - A chance to fine tune the strikers!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:50 pm

rafa09 wrote:nanny when did you work in atlantic?

In 1976 for about 3 0r 4 years

Whats this Nannys this is your life im expecting Eamon Andrews to pop up next :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:[
Best night in Liverpool one was when Scotland played Wales at Anfield. The scotland team stayed there and most of Scotland. Funny story though i got chatted up that night by Archie Gemmell im not sayin anymore
:laugh:

Did ya get nailed? :laugh:

:laugh: Not a chance to ugly good player though :laugh:

What is it pick on :censored: Nanny night  :laugh:

Archie Gemmel and Sammy Lee, jeez Nanny, whatever happened to taste?  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 pm

FROM THE BBC:

" Pennant had been constant menace for the Reds down the right flank and he crossed for Torres, whose header was tipped past the post by Steve Collis."

he should be given a chance in the league and CL imo... fcking joke that he cant even get a game !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:53 pm

Number 9 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
rafa09 wrote:Heimdial,s :censored: off cos theres no WOODPECKERS in london. there alll cooksuckers :D

Here you i live in London :laugh:

AND you worked the Hotels  :D

Saint do you wanna barney

Is the Tower Hotel you worked at near the Thames Nanny? I used to go to a Carvery there in the 70's if it is. A lot of top football teams used to stay there, if its the same one?

I worked in The Atlantic Tower in Liverpool near the Mersey and left there an worked in the Tower Hotel on Tower bridge.
Same Company Scottish and Newcastle. Theve got a good pub opposite there called The Dickens Inn.

Loads of teams used to stay in both hotels,

Best night in Liverpool one was when Scotland played Wales at Anfield. The scotland team stayed there and most of Scotland. Funny story though i got chatted up that night by Archie Gemmell im not sayin anymore
:laugh:

I reckon Saint and Nan are fond of eachother!
Have you two ever heard of PMs? :laugh:

pms? pre menstrual syndrome?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 pm

On the subject of Degen getting injured... again, we really should have learned our lesson after Aurelio.

Aurelio's contract ran down at Valencia because there were concerns over his injury problems, then Rafa takes him on a Bosman.  I've lost count of how many times he's been injured for us now.

Degen has had serious injury problems for Dortmund over the last 18 months, which is partly why his contract ran down.  Rafa takes him on a Bosman.  Already he was injured when we signed him, then he picked up another injury in pre-season and now he's picked up another one.

Of course bad luck plays it's part here, but some players are injury prone and in the case of Degen and Aurelio, it's part of the reason why they were available on Bosman transfers.  It's why we got rid of Kewell in the end, why do we think it's going to be any different when we sign these types of players on Bosmans as supposed to getting rid of them on Bosmans?
Last edited by JC_81 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:05 pm

This was a chance to play the youngsters and the fringe players , it was a poo game and we won . What in gods name is there to argue about ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:06 pm

john craig wrote:Aurelio's contract ran down at Valencia because there were concerns over his injury problems, then Rafa takes him on a Bosman.  I've lost count of how many times he's been injured for us now.

I agree injuries are a nightmare mate.

But for the sake of accuracy, I should say that's not correct. Fabio Aurelio had problems with injuries yes, but early at his Valencia career, he went from little impact, to big impact, His best season was the season before coming to Liverpool.

So Valencia didn't get rid of him, they wanted him to stay. Fabio Aurelio back then said that despite he had convincingly replaced the injured Vicente on LM, what he really liked is to play LB. It was the player who wanted to move here AND rejected a contract, not Valencia letting him go.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 pm

john craig wrote:On the subject of Degen getting injured... again, we really should have learned our lesson after Aurelio.

Aurelio's contract ran down at Valencia because there were concerns over his injury problems, then Rafa takes him on a Bosman.  I've lost count of how many times he's been injured for us now.

Degen has had serious injury problems for Dortmund over the last 18 months, which is partly why his contract ran down.  Rafa takes him on a Bosman.  Already he was injured when we signed him, then he picked up another injury in pre-season and now he's picked up another one.

Of course bad luck plays it's part here, but some players are injury prone and in the case of Degen and Aurelio, it's part of the reason why they were available on Bosman transfers.  It's why we got rid of Kewell in the end, why do we think it's going to be any different when we sign these types of players on Bosmans as supposed to getting rid of them on Bosmans?

To be fair to the lad he`s broken two ribs, i`d say thats more bad luck than injury prone.. nes.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:11 pm

The only thing thats got me a bit confused tonight was how come Rafa give the Captains armband to Plessis and not Sammy. Bit of a kick in the teeth there for Sammy imo
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:This was a chance to play the youngsters and the fringe players , it was a poo game and we won . What in gods name is there to argue about ?

we have signed a lot of young players.  why not just put them all out in these games.
puroresu

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Sabre wrote:
john craig wrote:Aurelio's contract ran down at Valencia because there were concerns over his injury problems, then Rafa takes him on a Bosman.  I've lost count of how many times he's been injured for us now.

I agree injuries are a nightmare mate.

But for the sake of accuracy, I should say that's not correct. Fabio Aurelio had problems with injuries yes, but early at his Valencia career, he went from little impact, to big impact, His best season was the season before coming to Liverpool.

So Valencia didn't get rid of him, they wanted him to stay. Fabio Aurelio back then said that despite he had convincingly replaced the injured Vicente on LM, what he really liked is to play LB. It was the player who wanted to move here AND rejected a contract, not Valencia letting him go.

Fair enough Sabre, but the fact is that if he hadn't had injury problems there they'd probably have had him on a longer contract, and the situation where he was in the last year of his contract, playing well and Valencia wanting to keep him wouldn't have happened.  Clubs are unwilling to offer long contracts to injury prone players, which is why they often end up available on a Bosman.  I just don't think we should be taking them on and paying them 30 grand a week or whatever when you just don't get value for money, even if they didn't cost a transfer fee.

In fairness I accept that broken ribs is pretty unlucky, but as for his other injuries...

Anyway, it was just an observation.... on with the match thread :cool:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Two broken ribs is'nt a re-occuring injury or a player that is injury prone...just tough luck thats all!
Looks like Dossena is our left back for a while!
I hope he either stays back or if he does go forward actually gets a ball in from somewhere closer to the by line than the 18 yard box..if he gets to the line and cuts it back in hard and low i will be delighted,please no more high looping balls!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Number 9 wrote:Two broken ribs is'nt a re-occuring injury or a player that is injury prone...just tough luck thats all!
I hope he either stays back or if he does go forward actually gets a ball in from somewhere closer to the by line than the 18 yard box..if he gets to the line and cuts it back in hard and low i will be delighted,please no more high looping balls!

Think you mean Arbeloa Barry , Aurelio and Dossena ar our left backs.

Rib injuries ..... just hard luck as far as I am concerned. Aurelio's frequent injuries might be more significant though.
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:41 pm

s@int wrote:Degan two broken ribs :(

Rafael Benitez has revealed that Philipp Degen is likely to face a spell on the sidelines after picking up two broken ribs in the Carling Cup win over Crewe. 
The Swiss international had to be replaced by Jamie Carragher on 73 minutes and looked to be in some discomfort after suffering the knock in an innocuous looking challenge.

"He has two broken ribs," said Benitez. "He is very unlucky."

lfc.tv

mmm hungry now
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Number 9 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 am

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Two broken ribs is'nt a re-occuring injury or a player that is injury prone...just tough luck thats all!

Think you mean Arbeloa Barry , Aurelio and Dossena ar our left backs.

Rib injuries ..... just hard luck as far as I am concerned. Aurelio's frequent injuries might be more significant though.

Im aware of who our left backs are Saint!
I'm talking about Dossena not Arbeloa...believe it or not mate in 32 years of life I know right from left!!

What i meant to say was that now Aurelio is injured we are stuck with Dossena.He seems decent enough but I would rather see him venture forward a little more rather than look like hes seen a medussa once he sees the 18 yard box after making all that ground!
He seems to turn to stone and realise that with his lack of pace he will be caught out..that is not always the case because usually playing at LFC someone will have covered his back!
Anyway his crosses are hopeful at most but i feel with a little more confidence and less fear of the medussa he may be OK!

Where does Arbeloa come into it?? :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion