Liverpool v crewe - A chance to fine tune the strikers!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rafa09 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 pm

My god what a happy thread tonight. You would think stoke game never took place.What a difference 3 days make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arsenal 6-0 :p
rafa09

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Emerald Red wrote:One thing I hate when listening to the radio is that the commentators  always exaggerate and make things sound more exciting than what they actually are.

WHAT ??!!  ???

Alan Jones was the best commentator I heard, he painted a picture, you were sat next to him in the stands watching the ball flow from end to end, he had you sitting on the edge of your seat in the kitchen, his wonderful way of expressing a great pass, close shot, his ability to put panic into your head when he described the pressure we were under, then the relief of a clearence followed by 'and Liverpool surge forward', the adrenalin was flowing again. That man had you in the palm of his hands, he was a magician. I remember the Reds playing Benfica in the European Cup in 1978 and listening to the radio, Jones´describing the famous  'Stadium of Light'  in my 15 year old mind he made it sound like the Coliseum where Liverpool were going to fight the gladiators. What a game when we beat them 1-2 and Alan Jones was the man to tell us how we did it and the achievement of beating the mighty Benfica on their home turf.

Some people say John Motson was a good commentator, but give me a good radio commentator to bring a game to life any day of the week.

Alan Jones RIP and still miss your magic.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Aldo slagging torres , saying he doesn't know why he's on the pitch.

Match fitness, plus it seemed the plan was to get Keane on as well and hopefully get a goal between the two.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Rush Job wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Aldo slagging torres , saying he doesn't know why he's on the pitch.

Match fitness, plus it seemed the plan was to get Keane on as well and hopefully get a goal between the two.

Its sarcastic humour I think mate!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

manc kunts 2-1
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Reg wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:One thing I hate when listening to the radio is that the commentators  always exaggerate and make things sound more exciting than what they actually are.

WHAT ??!!  ???

Alan Jones was the best commentator I heard, he painted a picture, you were sat next to him in the stands watching the ball flow from end to end, he had you sitting on the edge of your seat in the kitchen, his wonderful way of expressing a great pass, close shot, his ability to put panic into your head when he described the pressure we were under, then the relief of a clearence followed by 'and Liverpool surge forward', the adrenalin was flowing again. That man had you in the palm of his hands, he was a magician. I remember the Reds playing Benfica in the European Cup in 1978 and listening to the radio, Jones´describing the famous  'Stadium of Light'  in my 15 year old mind he made it sound like the Coliseum where Liverpool were going to fight the gladiators. What a game when we beat them 1-2 and Alan Jones was the man to tell us how we did and the achievement of beating the mighty Benfica on their home turf.

Some people say John Motson was a good commentator, but give me a good radio commentator to bring a game to life any day of the week.

Peter Jones was THE best radio (Wireless you c*nt) commentator ive ever had the pleasure of listening to - absolute gent of a fella as well.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

2-1 utd.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Its sarcastic humour I think mate!! :D

:;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Reg wrote:

WHAT ??!!  ???

Alan Jones was the best commentator I heard, he painted a picture, you were sat next to him in the stands watching the ball flow from end to end, he had you sitting on the edge of your seat in the kitchen, his wonderful way of expressing a great pass, close shot, his ability to put panic into your head when he described the pressure we were under, then the relief of a clearence followed by 'and Liverpool surge forward', the adrenalin was flowing again. That man had you in the palm of his hands, he was a magician. I remember the Reds playing Benfica in the European Cup in 1978 and listening to the radio, Jones´describing the famous  'Stadium of Light'  in my 15 year old mind he made it sound like the Coliseum where Liverpool were going to fight the gladiators. What a game when we beat them 1-2 and Alan Jones was the man to tell us how we did it and the achievement of beating the mighty Benfica on their home turf.

Agreed Reg, you tell em mate.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks Red38.  Not all of us are perfect.  :love:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Torres chance ,keeper saves again , good save from torres header.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Reg wrote:Thanks Red38.  Not all of us are perfect.  :love:

Didn't say i was....

I couldn't know if there was an Alan Jones either - you could have been right for all i knew. Kneejerk a bit less next time old bean!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby saetiakidLFC » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Torres header just missed good save though, Last season that would of been in the back of the net...
saetiakidLFC

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 pm

bloody hell that Torres is :censored: :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion