Liverpool v crewe - A chance to fine tune the strikers!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:47 am

a lot of people are putting degan down for right back but i thought he was still injured?? does anyone know if he has recovered now??
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:49 am

He's fit enough to play , i think this is the best game to give him some match fitness and see what he's like . Agger as well , time to get back to he's best .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:53 am

GRAHAM01 wrote:a lot of people are putting degan down for right back but i thought he was still injured?? does anyone know if he has recovered now??

Presumably he is fit to play.......he was on the subs bench against Stoke.
account deleted by request

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 am

Toffeehater wrote:He's fit enough to play , i think this is the best game to give him some match fitness and see what he's like . Agger as well , time to get back to he's best .

cheers toffee

in that case give him a run lets all see what he can do, think pennet should be given a run out aswell but will rafa give him a run?

think keane has to play this game could and lets be honest should give him his first goal/goals which would get that monkey off his back and then he might be able to play the next game against the bitters not having to think about it, i would like to see torres play not to fine his sight for goal but just to get his match fitness up a bit as that is what i think he is missing

what ever the team lets just go out and spank them good and proper and let the bitters know what will be coming this weekend  :buttrock
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Degen is a 'must start' for me. Though I would like to see Darby given a go too.

Maybe Degen can play right midfield and they can both play?

I would play Dossena, he needs more games I feel.

Would like to see Babel on the right but feel El Zhar should be given a chance there.

Nemeth/Pacheco hopefully get a run out from the bench.

Cavilieri

Darby/Degen
Hyypia
Agger
Dossena

El Zhar
Lucas
Plessis
Riera/Babel

Ngog
Keane
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:49 pm

lucas plessis is a far to defensive a central pairing, i dont have setanta so i can only really go on what others say about all these youth players that have been brought in but surely 1 of them is a bit of Molby (i dont mean a tub) ?
burjennio

Postby Almighty Red » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:32 pm

burjennio wrote:lucas plessis is a far to defensive a central pairing, i dont have setanta so i can only really go on what others say about all these youth players that have been brought in but surely 1 of them is a bit of Molby (i dont mean a tub) ?

Lucas can play pretty far forward, actually... I think. I could be mistaken, but he certainly isn't a Makelele-type player or whatever...
Almighty Red

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Almighty Red wrote:
burjennio wrote:lucas plessis is a far to defensive a central pairing, i dont have setanta so i can only really go on what others say about all these youth players that have been brought in but surely 1 of them is a bit of Molby (i dont mean a tub) ?

Lucas can play pretty far forward, actually... I think. I could be mistaken, but he certainly isn't a Makelele-type player or whatever...

Lucas is a box to box midfielder
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 pm

metalhead wrote:
Almighty Red wrote:

Lucas is a box to box midfielder

Yes and is just as useless at either box  :D
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 pm

We have NEVER lost a league game when Lucas has started !
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:21 pm

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redhayesy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 pm

bigmick wrote:The competition is an irrellevance and as such first teamers should only play if there is to be some discernable benefit. Keane in this instance needs a goal and ought to play IMHO (I think we can take it as a given that Torres will eventually find his rhythm). If any other players are on their way back from injury (Aurelio perhaps) then they should be considered, but other than that it should be for fringe players and kids. So the likes of Agger, Babel, Lucas, Pennant, Benayoun, Plessis etc should be infused with a bunch of kids.

good post mate. imho this season is about priorities, & i don"t see the carling cup as one. yes, i want us to win every competion we enter, however this for me would be the ideal opportunity for fringe/reserve players to show what they are made of. a put in a challange for a first team place.

so instead of just a couple of changes i"d go for wholesale changes, no dis-respect to crewe either this would be my thought whoever we were playing.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Nemeth is injured I believe, and S@int I am pretty sure that Insua has not gone on loan

Here is my team:
                                   Cavalieri
    Degen         Hyypia                     Agger       Insua
                   Lucas                      Plessis
       Babel                     Pacheco                   N'Gog
                                   Keane

Subs: Gulacsi, San Jose/Kelly, El Zhar, Gerrard, Wiejl

Pacheco has proven he can take on the kicking english sides both in pre-season, the reserves, and in the smaller local cup competitions. Granted this would be a test for him. But there is just SO much pace around him, I could see him having a field day slipping passes in behind the defense.

Although I actually think Rafa will put out a MUCH MUCH stronger team than that.
JoeTerp

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 pm

This game is pretty irrelevant in relation to the success of our season and Crewe are League One opposition. I don’t think starting Keane in such a low profile game alongside a bunch of squad players and youngsters will do much for his confidence or ego, even if he did end up scoring a goal or two.

Cavalieri

Degen   Hyypia   Agger   Insua

El Zhar  Plessis   Lucas Benayoun

Ngog  Nemeth

Subs

Babel
Pacheco
Riera
Spearing
San Jose
Darby
Hansen

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 pm

ill stick to the team i put out earlier...

Cavalieri

Degen           Hyypia            Agger          Dossena

Pennant         Lucas          Mascherano       Babel

Benayoun
                                  Keane

Pennant should get a go tonight and ill be very dissapointed if he doesnt... waay better than elzhar and how he cant get a game with the players we have down the right side is beyond me !

rafa will probably rest most of his important players; players who have played alot already this season... reina, arbeloa, carragher, skrtel, gerrard, alonso, riera?, kuyt, torres...

bring some of the youngsters who arent starting on as subs but for me the game should be about getting some of our more important players back in shape, form.. or simply back to playing competitive football..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion