Liverpool v arsenal post-match - A point to be the turnaround for us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:57 pm

Sabre wrote:But, didn't you lot want to be like Valencia?

Valencia did a great match in Anfield quite simply because our pressure back then was not good enough. If you press well, no-one moves the ball like they did. Valencia were masters in sitting deep, waiting teams like Arsenal dominate, and then fúck them in two counters. Which is what we tried to do.

I disagree LFC2007, I don't think we were outplayed in the first half, not in possession (60-40 for us) and not in real danger. Obviously we got a goal and they had to take more risks than us. I think we lost the game in the substitutions, in which admittely, Wenger was spot on. But outplayed? not until the end, and it was our fault.

Rafas Y fronts mentions

Tactically everything was spot on until we got caught out by a goal that wrongfooted our keeper because it was such a quickly executed toe-poke.

Yes, I don't know up there mate, but toe-pokes, hitting it with the front point of the boot is laughed by the typical idiots, but it's in fact, as you say, a valid option and probably the fastest way to make a shoot. Despite a keeper's first law is to cover the first post, I think it was a great, quick and clever option from Fabregas.

intelligent or not , did u see the way the :censored: celebrated ?? like he scored the winning goal to give arsenal the premier league .. Arrogant and i hope he gets the :censored: knocked out of him against more physical sides
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:WE could have held out for a win but do you think we were better over 90 mins?

If we won the league through scraping 1-0 wins and evey one was an own goal by the opposition OR if we won the Cup following a goal that cannoned in off Riisea fat @rse OR if we win a cup competition on a penalty shoot out after not being the best team in the match does it make it any less sweet ?

Does it fuc.k.

Football is a results business, if you get entertained on the way, then very nice it was thankyou, but its the result that matters.

Not for me.  Its not just about winning.  Performance counts and the way u win. 

The way we play is excused when the results are good as the manager can always use the results as a justification however when we aint winning this long ball drivel cant be justified at all.

Arsenal were not lucky to get a point.  Even Rafa admitted that they deserved a point and reina said they are one of the best sides his ever faced and as they were the better side so its a point gained.

Lets not hate on Fabregas.  The guy is immense.  Its not even potential anymore as his gone on to another level.
puroresu

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:24 pm

puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:WE could have held out for a win but do you think we were better over 90 mins?

If we won the league through scraping 1-0 wins and evey one was an own goal by the opposition OR if we won the Cup following a goal that cannoned in off Riisea fat @rse OR if we win a cup competition on a penalty shoot out after not being the best team in the match does it make it any less sweet ?

Does it fuc.k.

Football is a results business, if you get entertained on the way, then very nice it was thankyou, but its the result that matters.

The way we play is excused when the results are good as the manager can always use the results as a justification however when we aint winning this long ball drivel cant be justified at all.

So if we play nice passing flowing football and finish fourth will that be OK with you ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Does it fuc.k.

So if we play nice passing flowing football and finish fourth will that be OK with you ?

If its a working progress then yes. However after 4 seasons I now accept that the football I expect to see from a liverpool side will never happen under rafa.  If 4 years work can only produce hoof up the park then something is wrong.  We will never win a title playing like this as this current style is it isnt condusive to scoring goals.  Defence comes first and the main emphasis is on winning the ball back but not on what is needed when we have the ball. Talented offensive players like Babel are sacrificed for the less gifted but harder working rubbish like a Kuyt or a Vorinin.

Last season we finished 3rd.  This season we are playing the same way and the side has the same flaws.  What has changed?
puroresu

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:03 pm

puroresu wrote:However after 4 seasons I now accept that the football I expect to see from a liverpool side will never happen under rafa. 

What kind of football do you want to see ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
puroresu wrote:However after 4 seasons I now accept that the football I expect to see from a liverpool side will never happen under rafa. 

possibly consistent football mate
112-1077774096

Postby agoodmentality » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 pm

What the f()ck has happened, i've defended rafa from the day he arrived but now i'm starting to get :censored: right off.   
Let's face it, we're years behind Arsenal and ManU in the style of play,  i have only just realised that we play poor unattractive football,(which got results).
I'm fed up of this "two banks of four" (in every game)
Ryan Babel(the new T.Henry) being played 10 yards inside his own half for most of the game.
Even when we have 3 up front the two wide men are wing-backs.
No matter what players you buy, the manager dictates how they play, (Ronaldhino would look :censored: playing on the left of our midfield)
It seems we worry too much about the opposition, $hithouse tactics.
Paco has gone,,???/ ??? i used to think the players were playing FOR him.

I was in istanbul, i said that night he can't get higher than this,, was i right???
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:10 pm

agoodmentality wrote:What the f()ck has happened, i've defended rafa from the day he arrived but now i'm starting to get :censored: right off.   
Let's face it, we're years behind Arsenal and ManU in the style of play,  i have only just realised that we play poor unattractive football,(which got results).
I'm fed up of this "two banks of four" (in every game)
Ryan Babel(the new T.Henry) being played 10 yards inside his own half for most of the game.
Even when we have 3 up front the two wide men are wing-backs.
No matter what players you buy, the manager dictates how they play, (Ronaldhino would look :censored: playing on the left of our midfield)
It seems we worry too much about the opposition, $hithouse tactics.
Paco has gone,,???/ ??? i used to think the players were playing FOR him.

I was in istanbul, i said that night he can't get higher than this,, was i right???

Is there an echo around here? ???
:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

a mentality of approaching each game with the intention to score goals.  Attacking formations, creative freedom, and allowing the most gifted players to express themselves.  I worry Babel's development will stagnate at liverpool just cos it seems to me this type of players are so pre-occupied with doing other things rather than being allowed to just play.  I dont want to see strikers playing in midfield cos one of there attributes is running all day long chasing anything that moves.

A more balanced game where we actually keep the ball and string passes together.  I see very little of the simple things which allow u to beat defenders.  Those simple things being triangle's 1 and 2 touch passing.  Not everything will come off but to see some genuine flair and risk taking would be nice.

I know I sound like I want perfection and its probably hard on the current management considering the achievements but at the moment I am just frustrated with what is happening on the pitch.  I dont think its just down to form as the manager has always been more sided to the defensive side of things.

In the majority of games we have the better players than the opposition.  Lets allow this players to use there better talents and show us what they can do instead of being so worried about what the opposition can do.
puroresu

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:18 pm

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

It is consistent right now....consistently crappy, ergo you are happy  :p
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:22 pm

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Football with an end product, direct football is great if it works but we're not scoring four a week like the mancs so we're not playing productive football.

The long ball can be effective if used properly and not just hit and hope. It can also be used if midfield are non-existent or struggling but Arsenal played a better game and created the best three chances of which they scored one.

Would I rather finish fourth and play flowing football or win ugly and finish third? Sadly we don't seem capable of winning ugly or playing flowing football so all we end up with is ugly football
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dutchsky » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:22 pm

puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Talented offensive players like Babel are sacrificed for the less gifted but harder working rubbish like a Kuyt or a Vorinin.

Let me tell you Kuyt is more worth to a team then Babel.
Babel is hyped, L'pool bought a hyped player. His stats are poor. His technique is also rather poor; not very diverse.

Ajax already wanted to sell him (for way less). But then L'pool did an immense bid on him. The brand Ajax is still a good brand international. Meaning people won't look too critical at players coming from Ajax. But the days of Bergkamp, Cruyff, Van Basten etc are long gone. That kind of quality is not available at the moment (at Ajax).
Last edited by Dutchsky on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchsky

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:24 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

It is consistent right now....consistently crappy, ergo you are happy  :p

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:34 pm

puroresu wrote:a mentality of approaching each game with the intention to score goals.

Do you think we go into games intending to not score ?

Do you think we intend to miss when through on goal ?

puroresu wrote:Attacking formations.

How about 4-3-3 ?

puroresu wrote:creative freedom, and allowing the most gifted players to express themselves.

Do you think that Rafa's team talk includes telling people not to try ?

Have you ever heard a tam talk ?

How can you know then?

puroresu wrote:I worry Babel's development will stagnate at liverpool just cos it seems to me this type of players are so pre-occupied with doing other things rather than being allowed to just play.

That is life unfotunately. In football there are two big steps for footballers to take, one is from school boy games to reserve level, and the other is from the reserve level to the top level. Some will make it and some wont. However they will do so in any top side. Playing with and against better players improves you.

puroresu wrote:A more balanced game where we actually keep the ball and string passes together

We do at times, when Xabi and Agger play we do it more fluently. Are you saying we never string passes together ?

puroresu wrote:Not everything will come off but to see some genuine flair and risk taking would be nice.

And when it doesnt then people will crucify the individuals (see Luis Garcia).

puroresu wrote:I know I sound like I want perfection and its probably hard on the current management considering the achievements but at the moment I am just frustrated with what is happening on the pitch.

I am frustrated too, I expected to see us kick on and get in the mix, and whilst it hasnt happened yet, I dont think its gone.

puroresu wrote:In the majority of games we have the better players than the opposition.  Lets allow this players to use there better talents and show us what they can do instead of being so worried about what the opposition can do.

Better players does not mean better teams unfortunately. However when we click, we can beat anyone, we need to click more often however, and consistency is the one thing that no manager can train out.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

a mentality of approaching each game with the intention to score goals.  Attacking formations, creative freedom, and allowing the most gifted players to express themselves.  I worry Babel's development will stagnate at liverpool just cos it seems to me this type of players are so pre-occupied with doing other things rather than being allowed to just play.  I dont want to see strikers playing in midfield cos one of there attributes is running all day long chasing anything that moves.

A more balanced game where we actually keep the ball and string passes together.  I see very little of the simple things which allow u to beat defenders.  Those simple things being triangle's 1 and 2 touch passing.  Not everything will come off but to see some genuine flair and risk taking would be nice.

I know I sound like I want perfection and its probably hard on the current management considering the achievements but at the moment I am just frustrated with what is happening on the pitch.  I dont think its just down to form as the manager has always been more sided to the defensive side of things.

In the majority of games we have the better players than the opposition.  Lets allow this players to use there better talents and show us what they can do instead of being so worried about what the opposition can do.

Yer Wha ?

I wouldnt even bother replying, i think he has demonstrated for months that he is not even a liverpool supporter no matter what he says.
It shines through almost every post, anti England and often anti Liverpool.

Arsenal this and that, so what they play great football.
We have finished above them 2 seasons in a row and won trophies recently.
Yes its a difficult time but all this Arsenal w@nkfest is doing my head right in.

On a seperate note Wilhelmsson, the first swede to be obsessed with rugby union, do us a favour and go support Saracens or another rugby union side...your constant references to rugby are bizarre and so f'kin irritating. (by the way sorry for swearing, disgusting behaviour that is, its just that i dont have a very good vocabulary)

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion