Liverpool v arsenal post-match - A point to be the turnaround for us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:10 am

Bamaga man wrote:
By playing Alonso and Torres it seems to me rafa was playing to the media

I think thats one thing we can safely say Rafa doesnt do, and thats "play to the media".

It was a risk playing the pair of them, but IMO a risk that had to be taken, felt sorry for Torres though he had no support what so ever. And feel sorry for Xabi, because of that injury .

If it was a risk that "had to be taken", it doesn't say much for our squad, or our reserves, and pretty much destroys Rafa's "I have 4 good forwards " stance when he rested Torres earlier in the season. (Maybe since then he has noticed that the others arn't that good?  :D )

Good post btw Bamaga (any chance of an extra tenner ?) :D

edit - I was meaning your first post, not this cr@ppy  little effort  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:17 am

Good post btw Bamaga (any chance of an extra tenner ?)

I'm broke now.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:21 am

edit - I was meaning your first post, not this cr@ppy  little effort

:laugh:

Give me my money back S@int. :D
66-1112520797

Postby mungi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:09 am

lucky to get the point. im happy and conidering they r facing man u next week its all good
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:14 am

Bottomline ... we are keep dropping points and Rafa made a mistake again ....:(

Something need to be done before it's too late ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:17 am

LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:44 am

I am gutted really thought we could hold on and win it.  :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:36 am

A little bit disappointed with the draw for we were 1-0 up for 80 minutes, but it's a fair result and quite acceptable to me.
Just thought the price may be a little bit high with the injury of Alonso, Torres and Mascherano. Hope their injuries are not serious. :(
At the moment these injury things really got on my nerves, especially when we started to pick form and cannot afford to be screwed up by such kind of blow. Every time I saw any of our player fell down, I could't help feeling worried. It just drive me crazy! :sniffle
btw, I don't think it's just for luck we got the point. We did play well and deserve at least a draw, if not a win.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:21 am

The way the media are going on about Arsenal today, you'd think they WON yesterday.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:28 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:The way the media are going on about Arsenal today, you'd think they WON yesterday.

I think its cos this was there first huge test and they passed it with flying colours.  After this game there are lot more questions coming out of anfield than the emirates.
puroresu

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:16 am

Lets nt forget we are unbeaten as well. Great game yesterday, pity rafa went a lil bit defensive at home near the end and we should have grabbed our second to win the game but a good point, and a gerat game to watch.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 am

I'd like to see yesterday match like a won point, but I'm not too happy.

Yes, I agree those who say they're proud of our player's effort. They ran a lot, they gave everything they had. But I'm not happy because they were a better team yesterday, and I know the gap between the two teams is not such.

To be more precise, I was happy with the first half's performance, but unhappy with the second, they missed two sitters because God wanted that to happen, but they were better in the second half.

Wenger was perhaps more accurate than our Rafa making the substitutions. While the Crouch substitution was one that brought good things, Alonso's forced substitution and Benayoun in the pitch didn't change the match for good.

The antiCrouch brigade, must admit that touches like the one he left to Gerrard, are a real threat to the opposition. He showed his control and that he's able to shoot from outside the box aswell. He definitely should be used more in the premiership. He's not world class, I know that, but he's very useful.

No, I'm not happy, but I have a lot of trust in this squad and manager.

Come on red men.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 am

Sabre wrote:I'd like to see yesterday match like a won point, but I'm not too happy.

Yes, I agree those who say they're proud of our player's effort. They ran a lot, they gave everything they had. But I'm not happy because they were a better team yesterday, and I know the gap between the two teams is not such.

To be more precise, I was happy with the first half's performance, but unhappy with the second, they missed two sitters because God wanted that to happen, but they were better in the second half.

Wenger was perhaps more accurate than our Rafa making the substitutions. While the Crouch substitution was one that brought good things, Alonso's forced substitution and Benayoun in the pitch didn't change the match for good.

The antiCrouch brigade, must admit that touches like the one he left to Gerrard, are a real threat to the opposition. He showed his control and that he's able to shoot from outside the box aswell. He definitely should be used more in the premiership. He's not world class, I know that, but he's very useful.

No, I'm not happy, but I have a lot of trust in this squad and manager.

Come on red men.

I can't believe this, I am the happy clappy one and Sabres the one moaning!!

I thought we had a lot of genuine reasons for not quite matching Arsenal yesterday. We are still missing Agger, Alonso wasn't match fit , Torres just wasn't fit, we were a goal up which unfortunately we allowed to restrict our attacking play, Reina should have saved the goal anyway, they were on a high after their recent performances while we have been playing cr@p in recent weeks.
account deleted by request

Postby mattylfc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:35 am

I have read most of the comments on this thread and fortunately Bad Bob has done me a favour by pretty much saying what i would like to say.

For me, the formation was a good good decision. The injury to Torres didnt help though and i second the thoughts that Babel and/or Benayoun would have maybe done a better job as a second striker. Voronin and Kuyt were once again very poor imo. Both played out of position but there is no excuse for the way in which they lost posession so easily.

Great to see Alonso back and i do feel that when he went off it really hurt us. With 15mins to go, we were under pressure but i really thought we might had done enough as they werent really creating any goal scoring opportunities. Wasnt to be though and a stroke of genius from Hleb was the difference.

We have to be happy with a point overall. It is just disapointing to see the difference in ability between the two sides in some areas.

I think our core of the team is pretty much spot on when we have Torres, Alonso and Agger back. (Reina, JC, Agger, Masch, Alonso, Gerrard and kuyt) is a match for anyone. What was pointed out yesterday as other posters have mentioned is the fact that we have maybe Riise and Finnan have seen better days. Both still big players for us but we do need to look at replacing them soon imo. We all no about Hyypia and to be fair he played very well yesterday. Kuyt and Voronin just dont cut it. Both work very hard, good on the ball but we could have so much better. Crouch for me must be the first option behind Torres.

Before the everton game i remember saying on here that we need to take 4 points from the next to games to keep in the mix. We have now done that at a time when we are not on top form and we have been hit by some horrible injuries to key players along the way.  I just want to remind everyone that we are unbeaten in the league and just like the previous two seasons, we have every chance of going on a long run of games where we pick up a lot of points.

We know we can do better but we are by no means out of it just yet. Onwards and upwards!
mattylfc

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am

In pure footballing terms we were outclassed and were lucky not to have been beaten yesterday, it's as simple as that .On the positive side the effort put in by our lads was gratifying and more performances like that will certainly see us picking up 3 points in other games.

Was disappointed that Rafa didn't take off BOTH Voronin and Kuyt and throw on Benayoun and Babel . Both Voronin  and Kuyt are decent players but no more than that, lets face it we got Voronin on a free otherwise there's no way the fella would be at our club . As for Kuyt , sadly for me he's finally proving to be a major disappointment. Despite his well documented success in dutch football , the goals that built his reputation are not flowing for him at LFC. Perhaps as some have said it's down to the role he's being asked to play with us, but even in that role his performance despite all of his willingness to run and run is not paying any dividends. Evident again yesterday were his poor first touch and lack of anticipation . Whilst we still have concerns regarding cover for Agger at CB and to a lesser extent the effectiveness of our wide positions I think despite the signing of Torres we are still very much in need of another striker who possesses some pace and guile. Some have made a shout for Babel and it would be interesting to see him given a run out as a strke partner alongside Torres. Either way Voronin is no more than a decent squad member and unfortunately Kuyt is increasingly looking like he also falls into that category, Crouch certainly derserves to be above the pair of them in the pecking order. Over the last couple of years the list of hit men with large reputations coming to LFC and failing has become embarrassingly long. Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Bellamy and now Kuyt. Hopefully come January Rafa will off load those that aren't cutting it and bring in someone who can actually stick the ball away.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion