Liverpool v arsenal post-match - A point to be the turnaround for us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:28 am

Yes well spotted, I don't actually mean two wide players, tow centre halves and two strikers to come into the first team proper. Clearly though we haven't got any kind of left-winger (unless Kewell rises like a pheonix from the bargain bin) and we need a striker if crocuh is to be sold. The other positions are as squad players. Good spot though    :p
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:29 am

Crocuh  :D
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:30 am

By playing Alonso and Torres it seems to me rafa was playing to the media. Normally he would give them time to recover but he played them against Arsenal. And by doing so we may have lost them both for a longer period. And there was me thinking he was the messiah, just human after all....
Last edited by Kharhaz on Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:32 am

Kharhaz wrote:By playing Alonso and Torres it seems to me rafa was playing to the media.

???  Or perhaps on the advice of his medical staff he decided they were fit and decided to play them?
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:34 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:By playing Alonso and Torres it seems to me rafa was playing to the media.

???  Or perhaps on the advice of his medical staff he decided they were fit and decided to play them?

If that is the case we seriously need new medical staff.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 am

bigmick wrote:Yes well spotted, I don't actually mean two wide players, tow centre halves and two strikers to come into the first team proper. Clearly though we haven't got any kind of left-winger (unless Kewell rises like a pheonix from the bargain bin) and we need a striker if crocuh is to be sold. The other positions are as squad players. Good spot though    :p

Pretty much what Stu said awhile ago mate, when everyone and his mate was having a go at him.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:37 am

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:Yes well spotted, I don't actually mean two wide players, tow centre halves and two strikers to come into the first team proper. Clearly though we haven't got any kind of left-winger (unless Kewell rises like a pheonix from the bargain bin) and we need a striker if crocuh is to be sold. The other positions are as squad players. Good spot though    :p

Pretty much what Stu said awhile ago mate, when everyone and his mate was having a go at him.

Yes annoying fecker that he is, he does call it right sometimes. Just console yourself witht he thought that he was still saying a few weeks back that Hyppia was better than Agger so even he has his moment St  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:38 am

If Rafa had brought on Babel instead of Alberoa, we would have held on. No surprise where the goal came from. Always from their wide players, not the middle.

Hleb strolling through to play the pass is just too easy

Kuyt continues to be a shambles. WTF does Rafa see in Voronin?

Riise is living on shooting reputation alone. Poor defender, shocking crosser of the ball.

Good to see Finnan have a good game. Hyypia too.

Mash was fantastic.

Give Babel a start up front FFS.
tel

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:39 am

s@int wrote:

I miss stus posts, not his insults, but definately his posts.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:41 am

Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

If that is the case we seriously need new medical staff.

I would have thought that, without assurances from his medical staff, he wouldn't have risked them. They were considering Torres for the Everton match, so perhaps it was just a case of bad luck in this game.

With Alonso, Rafa had to trust the judgement of his medical staff regarding the metatarsal fracture. He cannot analyse a fracture and assess the extent to which it has healed.

Perhaps the medical staff were wrong in their judgement, or Rafa may have decided with a degree of risk cited by his medical staff, to play Alonso, or it may just have been sod's law.

Who knows, there was probably a small degree of risk involved cited by Rafa's medical staff before making a decision, but ultimately it's just sod's law.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:46 am

As a few people noted going into the match, it was like a cup final given our recent form and given our title aspirations.  Taking a little risk on key players coming back from injury is what you do for cup finals.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:46 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:

I miss stus posts, not his insults, but definately his posts.

Maybe we could have his posts checked and censored before posting by a Mod or something (BigMick :D  )  He certainly added to the footie debates, but the abuse was way over the top at times.

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:51 am

Bad Bob wrote:As a few people noted going into the match, it was like a cup final given our recent form and given our title aspirations.  Taking a little risk on key players coming back from injury is what you do for cup finals.

I have no problem with the Alonso gamble (even though we paid dearly for it) but Torres never looked anything like fit. Theres taking a risk, which is fair enough , but with Torres it looked more like desperation tactics than a reasonable gamble.

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:57 am

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:As a few people noted going into the match, it was like a cup final given our recent form and given our title aspirations.  Taking a little risk on key players coming back from injury is what you do for cup finals.

I have no problem with the Alonso gamble (even though we paid dearly for it) but Torres never looked anything like fit. Theres taking a risk, which is fair enough , but with Torres it looked more like desperation tactics than a reasonable gamble.

Yeah, that was a strange one.  You have to wonder what happened there--was he deffo not fit before the match and Rafa gambled anyway?  Or, did he reinjure himself soon after kick off?  I just can't imagine Rafa would risk him if he were that unfit before kick off--especially since the tactics seemed to demand that he would have to plow a lone furrow up top at times.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:59 am

Dr fecking Rafa got it wrong  :laugh:
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion