Liverpool v. Arsenal Match Thread (Oct. 28, 2007) - AKA The Kiss Wenger's @rse Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:23 am

Arsenal 0 Liverpool 1  :shifty

I think Rafa will play for a draw, even put five men in midfield. He might aswell, Crouch hardly gets a game these days and Kuyt and Voronin are ineffective. Even an injured Torres on his own would fair better.

Reina
    Finnan   Carra   Agger? Arbeloa

Mascha  Alonso?
    Pennant      Gerrard       Benayoun

Torres

It wouldnt suprise me to see a line-up simiar to this, just as long as we dont perform like we did last season down at the Emirates I'll be happy. In saying that I dont think the performance ws too bad, but heads dropped once we conceeded. And I can see that happening in all honesty again this time around. Rafa needs to keep this one tight.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:28 am

We will just have to play like Bolton used to against them stop them playing, stop Fabregas, and bully them dont let them get into rythm of their fancy little triangles they dont like it up em.
Let the battle commence  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:32 am

Bamaga man wrote:Arsenal 0 Liverpool 1  :shifty

I think Rafa will play for a draw, even put five men in midfield. He might aswell, Crouch hardly gets a game these days and Kuyt and Voronin are ineffective. Even an injured Torres on his own would fair better.

Reina

Mascha  Alonso?

Torres

It wouldnt suprise me to see a line-up simiar to this, just as long as we dont perform like we did last season down at the Emirates I'll be happy. In saying that I dont think the performance ws too bad, but heads dropped once we conceeded. And I can see that happening in all honesty again this time around. Rafa needs to keep this one tight.

Arent we at home ?

We really need to attack them because if we go with your formation with 5 in the midfeild we are admitting defeat already. Someone said pinch a draw. We should be looking to win every game at home no matter who it is

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:34 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Arsenal 0 Liverpool 1  :shifty

Reina

Mascha  Alonso?

Torres

Arent we at home ?

We really need to attack them because if we go with your formation with 5 in the midfeild we are admitting defeat already. Someone said pinch a draw. We should be looking to win every game at home no matter who it is

No offence Richard but with Hyypia in defence we have no choice than a five man midfield and I hope we start with one.
Dont want a repeat of the F.A. and Carling Cup games from last season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:35 am

5 in the midfeild we are admitting defeat already

Rafa's hardly known for his offensive style.
66-1112520797

Postby Dundalk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:35 am

Ciggy wrote:We will just have to play like Bolton

Have things got that bad  :sniffle
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:40 am

Bamaga man wrote:
5 in the midfeild we are admitting defeat already

Rafa's hardly known for his offensive style.

:D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:46 am

Well I wouldn't go with a conventional five man midfield at Home to Arsenal, not at all. If we decide (assuming for the sake of argument Torres isn't fit) that we are going to play Gerrard or Lucas off the front man because either will offer more than the Kuyt/Voronin axis (which of course they would) then fair enough. Not though, a conventional 4-5-1, not for me.

I know we kind of played it last season against them and it worked, but Wenger is no fool and it wouldn't quite bamboozle them again I wouldn't have thought. Besides which, unless Rafa and Crouchie have had a little cuddle during the week it would be hard to imagine the big man starting, or indeed if he didn't either of the other two doing the same sort of damage.

No, for me we back ourselves at Home and go 4-4-2. Hopefully with Torres and Alonso back in the team, and the crowd revved up we can grind out a win.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:47 am

Dundalk wrote:
Ciggy wrote:We will just have to play like Bolton

Have things got that bad  :sniffle

I'm afraid they might have. I really hope we smash Arsenal and go on a winning run, we do have a fairly good record against them, well except for cup competitions last season  :sniffle

I really can't call this game though, it depends whether rafa can get the lads fired up, that's what I'm worried about, if he can't then we HAVE to have an outstanding display form Stevie pushing the team forward.

Want this win badly.
heimdall

Postby mattylfc » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:48 am

Reina

Finnan     JC     Hyypia     Riise

Gerrard     Alonso   Masch     Benayoun

Crouch        Torres/Kuyt

Repeat of last years result would be splendid.
mattylfc

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 am

I'll go fuckin sick if Voronin and Kuyt start again they offer nothing as a partnership if Torres isnt fit Kuyt and Babel should start up front or Kuyt and Crouch.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Tottenham Dave wrote:Please do them.

Please.

:blues:

Give us Keane or Defoe and you have a deal !

Demitar Berbatov is beter then those two put together lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:56 am

good to see a new day hasn't dampened the pessimism on the forum then :D

You heard it here first

WE WILL WIN THIS GAME

call it a hunch or precognition but I am convinced this one is a 3 point banker, and I'll be letting Mr William Hill know exactly how I feel with some cold hard cash
burjennio

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:00 am

burjennio wrote:good to see a new day hasn't dampened the pessimism on the forum then :D

You heard it here first

WE WILL WIN THIS GAME

call it a hunch or precognition but I am convinced this one is a 3 point banker, and I'll be letting Mr William Hill know exactly how I feel with some cold hard cash

I'm actually getting a funny feeling as well, this could be the game we bounce back in, if we do I'll lay off Rafa for a bit although I'm still very far from happy with him and won't be putting on my rose tinted glasses just yet  :D
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:05 am

heimdall wrote:if we do I'll lay off Rafa for a bit although I'm still very far from happy with him

What about the players?

They need to take some of the blame aswell for being fuckin shite the last few games.

They have to pull their fingers out their @rses aswell.

All the blame cannot rest at the managers feet.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion