Liverpool v. Arsenal Match Thread (Oct. 28, 2007) - AKA The Kiss Wenger's @rse Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:29 pm

bigmick wrote:Jeez just about the one time I stepped out of line in about four years, I apologize within about four minutes and suddenly I'm on the big bad bully bandwagon  :D Once again, sorry Heimers mate, twas out of order to call you an idiot.

Clearly you are an idiot.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm

bigmick wrote:Jeez just about the one time I stepped out of line in about four years, I apologize within about four minutes and suddenly I'm on the big bad bully bandwagon  :D Once again, sorry Heimers mate, twas out of order to call you an idiot.

FFS, you are one of the biggest diplomats here, I think Red was referring to all of us and to moderate further Heimdall stick, not talking about you.

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Torres and Alonso in line to return against Arsenal. Not a moment too soon either..

On a side note and not entirely related. Sarcasm will get you everywhere you wish to be, with me. But the greater point is that: An even and fair hand is dealt to all who choose to participate here, until the rules are broken. Regardless of how big their heads are....its an Internet forum - not an alehouse where you'd tend to mind your manners a bit more judiciously.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:35 pm

Sabre wrote:

FFS, you are one of the biggest diplomats here, I think Red was referring to all of us and to moderate further Heimdall stick, not talking about you.

:D

Give that nasty, out of place Spaniard who talks out of his 'arris a pint on me!  :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby EddieC » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:43 pm

stmichael wrote:Whether Torres is fit or not (lets pray to God that he is), as far as I'm concerned, Crouch has to start this game. Just look at what he did to them last season in this game. Arsenal have good footballers at the back but have a weakness in the air imo. I saw Kenwyn Jones dominate them in the air a few weeks back and Kevin Davies also gave them a lot of problems. Voronin and Kuyt just doesn't work as a partnership as they just end up making the same runs all the time.

Definitely agree that Crouch has to start this game, not neccessarily for the damage he'll do but for the fact that I think Arsenal will pay him too much attention after his performance last year, which should hopefully open up gaps for our other players. If Torres makes it back in time the Arsenal defenders have a dilemma on their hands, do they focus on the guy that has the talent to do serious damage, or do they focus on the guy that tore them apart last season?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VamosRafa » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:53 pm

I think Gerrard will be more effective on the right Sunday, he is giving the ball away (much like the rest of the team) way too much to be playing in the centre, i think we should line up like this:                                       

Reina

Finnan                   Carragher               Hypia (Agger if fit)    Riise

Gerrard                    Alonso                   Mascherano             Benayoun

Torres                    Crouch
VamosRafa

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Reina

Finnan Carra      Hyppia Riise

Gerrard  Alonso Mascherano Babel

Torres Crouch

I think this has become a must win game after the set back the other night. I see no reason why we can't win this game if not comfortably, at least deservedly.

My obvious worries are the effect Wednesdays game will have on our players, and our defensive problems with Sami having to play so many games in a short space of time. I think its vital that Mascherano plays even though he must be absolutely shattered after all the travelling he has done recently. Fabrigas is  fantastic talent who now seems to have added goalscoring to his other considerable talents. We need Mascherano to do a "Kaka" on Fabrigas, leaving Alonso to concentrate on building our attacks and getting the ball out to Gerrard.

Hopefully the return of Torres will see an end to the frustrating foward play we have had to endure recently and a return to forwards actually offering a goal threat.

We can and will win this one, not easily, maybe not even prettily but we will win it.
account deleted by request

Postby Wilhelmsson » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:40 pm

I’d get the players to kick seven shades out of Arsenal; they have been known to crumble when a team goes in physical. Go in physical, pummel the players and stick the ball in the back of the net and role on the three points.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:45 pm

I think I'd be tempted to all out attack in this game and line up as follows:

Reina
Finnan Carra Hyppia Arbelola/Riise

Mascherano Alonso

Gerrard Babel

Crouch Torres

We don't use our wings well anyway and this formation would allow so much space to Gerrard and Babbel to drift wide or come into the middle, I think it could work. We have to release Gerrard more so that he can attack and I want to see Babel more central as well.
heimdall

Postby burjennio » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:06 pm

is it safe to assume that if crouch doesnt start this match he's packin his bags come Jan? I personally think he should be starting after the lack of cutting edge shown by Voronin and Kuyt along with the minutes they've played in the last week, but then i gave up playing fantasy rafa weeks ago!
burjennio

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:06 pm

heimdall wrote:I think I'd be tempted to all out attack in this game and line up as follows:

Reina
Finnan Carra Hyppia Arbelola/Riise

Mascherano Alonso

Gerrard Babel

Crouch Torres

We don't use our wings well anyway and this formation would allow so much space to Gerrard and Babbel to drift wide or come into the middle, I think it could work. We have to release Gerrard more so that he can attack and I want to see Babel more central as well.

Great team selection that Heimdall , not quite sure about your formation but you have the team right anyway mate.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:27 pm

As far as I'm concerned there's no point in appraoching this game with a 'hopefully we can sneak it 1-0' attitude. We'll get blasted. We have to go at it hell for leather from the off, with a positive lineup and positive mindset.

Arsenal are playing so bloody well at the moment that we might lose anyway, but I think we'd all much rather go down in a blaze of glory rather than a limp effort.

Everything they do goes through Fabregas. Hleb is a luxury player and Eboue is playing out of position. Flamini is just average. Get on top in the midfield and we've got a great chance.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:44 pm

definately st michael, 100mph, or to use the old Rafa addage "high tempo"
burjennio

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:42 pm

this is gonna be embarrassing
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SoppMeister » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:00 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:I’d get the players to kick seven shades out of Arsenal; they have been known to crumble when a team goes in physical. Go in physical, pummel the players and stick the ball in the back of the net and role on the three points.

It's ugly, but it works and I also think we should go in with that attitude.

I know it's not the sort of game where you experiment, but if Alonso doesn't start I'd love to see Lucas in the line-up. Without Torres, I have to say I can only see us getting a win if lucks heavily on our side - with him, Alonso and good support though, there's no reason why we can't beat them.
SoppMeister

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion