Liverpool v. Arsenal Match Thread (Oct. 28, 2007) - AKA The Kiss Wenger's @rse Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:43 am

heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:What have I said which is clueless?

Everything. I have read all four hundred and odd posts and am yet to stumble upon a single sentence which would make my assessment incorrect.

You're bang on about the bore thing though  :D Come to think of it, that's the best point you've made so far. Maybe you've turned the corner.

That's a bit subjective though isn't it. Have you really read all of my posts, do you not have a life to live ??  :D

Just because I don't write the same huge posts that you do, you can't say I'm clueless, I try to be concise in what I say and I do try and back up my opinions but when people are blinkered then that won't work will it!

Fair enough, truce fella. Sorry for calling you an idiot it was unneccessarly rude. Do try and do us all a favour though and be a touch more positive just now and then.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:45 am

bigmick wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Of late Micky your really starting to be more vocal in your opinions towards people.

It's by no means something which I'm particularly proud of mate. I guess now the mod shackles are off I'm making up for six months or so of repairing spats and i've gone a bit nasty  :D

I hope it won't be a permanent thing and that mr Heimdall won't be permanently bruised by my vicious onslaught. For what it's worth and in the interests of balance, I'm siure he's a smashing fella and he is entitled to his opinion. What does me in though is the absolutely overt negativity (which i guess is a bit rich coming from me). The difference is that at least I actually want the team to win, whereas I'm not sure he does.

Keep it up Mick, I'd love to see what else you have in your Arsenal,
permanently bruised by my vicious onslaught

:laugh:  "idiot" that was a beauty mate.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 am

bigmick wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Of late Micky your really starting to be more vocal in your opinions towards people.

It's by no means something which I'm particularly proud of mate. I guess now the mod shackles are off I'm making up for six months or so of repairing spats and i've gone a bit nasty  :D

I hope it won't be a permanent thing and that mr Heimdall won't be permanently bruised by my vicious onslaught. For what it's worth and in the interests of balance, I'm siure he's a smashing fella and he is entitled to his opinion. What does me in though is the absolutely overt negativity (which i guess is a bit rich coming from me). The difference is that at least I actually want the team to win, whereas I'm not sure he does.

Of course I want us to win, what kind of nonsense is that. That kind of statement is the type I find very insulting and actually an idiotic clueless statement if there ever was one!!

The reason I'm so :censored: off is frustration with how we are playing, but lets all chill out and I will try, I will really try and be more positive, starting with the game against Arsenal
heimdall

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 am

bigmick wrote:

The difference is that, not once, in all of your frustrations over Rafa's rotation policy, have you ever called the manager that led us to 2 Champions League finals in 3 years a "clueless idiot" who should be sacked immediately.  There's fair comment and then there's over-the-top, mindless bombast.  Based on all evidence to date, our Norwegian friend is a mindless bombast merchant who has managed to achieve the impossible: uniting both Newkit brigades in their collective frustration with his offerings.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:49 am

bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:What have I said which is clueless?

Everything. I have read all four hundred and odd posts and am yet to stumble upon a single sentence which would make my assessment incorrect.

You're bang on about the bore thing though  :D Come to think of it, that's the best point you've made so far. Maybe you've turned the corner.

That's a bit subjective though isn't it. Have you really read all of my posts, do you not have a life to live ??  :D

Just because I don't write the same huge posts that you do, you can't say I'm clueless, I try to be concise in what I say and I do try and back up my opinions but when people are blinkered then that won't work will it!

Fair enough, truce fella. Sorry for calling you an idiot it was unneccessarly rude. Do try and do us all a favour though and be a touch more positive just now and then.

OK, a truce was actually what I was trying to achieve with the original post but it went a bit wrong to put it mildly  :D  :D  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:52 am

Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:

The difference is that, not once, in all of your frustrations over Rafa's rotation policy, have you ever called the manager that led us to 2 Champions League finals in 3 years a "clueless idiot" who should be sacked immediately.  There's fair comment and then there's over-the-top, mindless bombast.  Based on all evidence to date, our Norwegian friend is a mindless bombast merchant who has managed to achieve the impossible: uniting both Newkit brigades in their collective frustration with his offerings.

over the top yes I totally agree, mindless no.
It is genuinely what I think but I will shut up about it if it causes so much offence.
heimdall

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Heimdall - sometimes mate, its better to say nothing at all if you havn't got anything worth saying. Although, i will say im cheesed off with some members attitude on here towards a fellow poster. Regardless of the content of his contributions. He is neither abusive, bigoted, hypocritical nor changes his opinions with the wind. At least the fella is consistently off the mark...and hasn't actually done anything wrong to warrant this 'jump on the big bully bandwagon cos it makes me look like a f**king hotshot' downer that some people are adopting towards him. Until the day he upsets me - and therefore i change my tune. I have no problem. Whether or not i agree with the things he offers is besides the point - i actually dont. But there is NO place for certain folk to be acting as high and mighty as they feel entitled to do here.

Look at your own reflections first some of you.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:11 pm

red37 wrote:Heimdall - sometimes mate, its better to say nothing at all if you havn't got anything worth saying. Although, i will say im cheesed off with some members attitude on here towards a fellow poster. Regardless of the content of his contributions. He is neither abusive, bigoted, hypocritical nor changes his opinions with the wind. At least the fella is consistently off the mark...and hasn't actually done anything wrong to warrant this 'jump on the big bully bandwagon cos it makes me look like a f**king hotshot' downer that some people are adopting towards him. Until the day he upsets me - and therefore i change my tune. I have no problem. Whether or not i agree with the things he offers is besides the point - i actually dont. But there is NO place for certain folk to be acting as high and mighty as they feel entitled to do here.

Look at your own reflections first some of you.

That's a fair comment aswell red, all has to be said. Heimdall hasn't treated with disrespect other posters, as far as I can remember.

His content písses off me when he insults the manager, but bar from that words, I don't think his position towards Rafa is more hostile than others, after all, no less than almost a 20% of this boards want Rafa sacked in the poll, and among the other 80% you can't say they are happy clappers, and many of them are asking serious questions about Rafa. Plus, you're right he hasn't changed his opinion with the wind (oh wait, he did, after the derby game, but anyway :D)

As I've said, my only problem with his opinions are the words he chooses, I can handle the truth of a passionate fan that wants another coach for the best of the club, but not the manager or a player insulted.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:17 pm

As You will also remember - i will stand up for any f**ker who i feel deserves a little bit more of a break. So what, he says things that we don't agree with. Get over it.

Anyway, back OT.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:19 pm

I think Heimdall is big enough and ugly enough to take it all with a pinch of cyber salt.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Jeez just about the one time I stepped out of line in about four years, I apologize within about four minutes and suddenly I'm on the big bad bully bandwagon  :D Once again, sorry Heimers mate, twas out of order to call you an idiot.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:22 pm

bigmick wrote:Jeez just about the one time I stepped out of line in about four years, I apologize within about four minutes and suddenly I'm on the big bad bully bandwagon  :D Once again, sorry Heimers mate, twas out of order to call you an idiot.

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Thinkpad » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:22 pm

Can't see us winning at the momment. It seems like we are a team in crisis. The way we play, the players gives off a lot of negative vibes that can be seen by spectators and reporters. Which explains why they are going round the grounds. They smell blood...

I see Rafa playing a defensive style as he doesn't have any confidence in the team and Gerrard. When we get a draw he will claim victorious as the team manages to hold the mighty Arsenal. Yes, we have been reduced to such. But I am sure most fans will be happy. Our expectation has been reduced to such levels as well. The fans don't want to win, they are happy with a draw as long as the team don't lose. We could have 11 draws and lose the PL hope but the fans will be celebrating because we have a good unbeaten record. We are unbeaten barks the fans... And it is still early..

My prediction: Arsenal 5 Liverpool 0
But a more ideal situation would be Arsenal 3 Liverpool 0.
I reckon we are due a redcard with the way our defense played.. In fact the whole defending by the team is atrocious.
Sorry, Garagher seems likely to get the red.
That's all... This is just a prediction.
Could be right could be wrong but most likely not far off.
Cheers.
Thinkpad

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Just got back from two weeks in Barcelona so I'll sift through all the old threads in a bit. I dread to think what people were saying at 1-1 in the Derby game and after the Besiktas game in midweek (which I haven't seen yet by the way apart from the goals).

This game is absolutely huge. Win it and we're 3 points behind Arsenal. Lose it and we're 9 points behind already. As far as I'm concerned it's tim to stop this Arsenal bandwagon that everybody's been jumping on.

Whether Torres is fit or not (lets pray to God that he is), as far as I'm concerned, Crouch has to start this game. Just look at what he did to them last season in this game. Arsenal have good footballers at the back but have a weakness in the air imo. I saw Kenwyn Jones dominate them in the air a few weeks back and Kevin Davies also gave them a lot of problems. Voronin and Kuyt just doesn't work as a partnership as they just end up making the same runs all the time.

Mascherano isn't playing well at the moment. I'd bring Alonso back and tell him to stay on Fabregas (he knows him well) and play Gerrard alongside him with Pennant on the right. Take your pick for the left side from one on Benayoun, Riise or Babel.

I actually have a good feeling about this game for some reason. I don't think Arsenal have been tested yet and this game will tell you how good they really are when put under pressure. In Rafa's season, the "invincibles" turned up expecting to wipe the floor with us when we weren't playing well and we played out of our skins and won 2-1. I'm actually going for the same score here.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:26 pm

BigMick no longer........Big Bully now! I have to agree that vicious, vindictive, verbal assault certainly deserves a penalty, the worst tirade i have read on here, maybe a short ban, or not being allowed to post about rotation..........  :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion