Liverpool top scorer 2006/7 - Who do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:10 am

I reckon it will be Bellamy, then Stevie G but think Gonzalez will get alot more than 5 goals.........reckon he will get about 12 or so...hopefully more
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:46 am

Unless we get anelka, i would say Stevie G with 21 goals.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:32 am

Bellamy
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:39 am

i personally think it'll be something like this (overall)
Steven Gerrard 25
Craig Bellamy 15
Peter Crouch 10
Robbie Fowler 10
Luis Garcia 10
Last edited by El Nino_#9 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:04 am

luvliverpool wrote:I reckon it will be Bellamy, then Stevie G but think Gonzalez will get alot more than 5 goals.........reckon he will get about 12 or so...hopefully more

I think hes capable of 12 goals in a season, but thats if kewell isnt used at all.

Also why does no one have any faith in bellamy becomming a 20+ goal a season striker? If he can score 19 with being injured for so long with a :censored: club like Blackburn then surely he can do that for us!?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:47 am

Kev Huyton 2006 wrote:Crouch is good, with holding the ball up, on the deck etc.  but not good enough to score many goals.

Since he is good at holding up e ball... HE shld be our standby goalkeeper instead.. Chances of him scoring an "own goal" is ZERO! lolx...
marcus.c

Postby weringo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:59 am

marcus.c wrote:
Kev Huyton 2006 wrote:Crouch is good, with holding the ball up, on the deck etc.  but not good enough to score many goals.

Since he is good at holding up e ball... HE shld be our standby goalkeeper instead.. Chances of him scoring an "own goal" is ZERO! lolx...

:sleep
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:05 am

sissoko :p  na duno hard call this one maybe the new striker (if we get 1 ) although i would like to see sissoko score a few :)
Kopite-Jud

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:21 pm

i feel that benitez should giv sinama pongolle a chance in the team, hes a future star in the makin in my opinion. weve seen spells of him against teams, most memorable the olympiakos game where king gerrard scored that absolute belta to send us through n then to win the champions league and he came on as a sub and gave us a goal and hope. similarly the game against luton, a game we should have put at bay near the start but didnt happen, pongolle comes on and saves us the game. if you want a world class striker to get you 20 or more a season, hes one i wud consider to give a chance!  :shifty
Last edited by scouser 'til I die on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:27 pm

I think it will be Bellamy (if we dont sign another striker) he will start the majority of games and if he can steer clear of injuries then there is no reason he shouldnt get 20+ goals.
Fowler will always score goals and i hope he gets plenty of games this season, he proved at the end of the last season that he only needs 1 chance.
I dont think Stevie G will score as many this season tbh, last year he started with some easy champions league qualifiers where he scored about 7 goals before the proper season had started, 15 is more realistic for him i think.
But we still need another top striker, rafa obviously doesnt fancy Pongolle (or trust him to score enough goals) so that leaves just the other 3. that is not enoughto challenge on all fronts. People may say that Garcia and Kewell and possibly Gonzales can play in attack, but i think we need a proven player who will guarantee goals.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PureLoneWolf » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:49 pm

For me its got to be Bellamy - Look at how he did with a limited number of starts due to injury in a Blackburn team bereft of any real service.

The thought of what he could do with Stevie and Xabi whipping through balls to him has really got me thinking.

Injury free, Bellamy - Otherwise, Stevie again :D
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:01 pm

Not only will he be Liverpools top scorer but i would put Bellamy down as a good bet for premiership top scorer, if he manages to stay injury free then get down the bookies folks.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby desperado0831 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:56 pm

No issue, i go for Steven Gerrard. This time will be 25++ overall goals that will outclass clumpsy Lampard again. :)

Note that Craig score his first goal of 'many', then i think he is the one to share the goal bank with the captain.
If bellamy can bank in 15++ goals and crouch provides more goals, we will be a strong contender of premiership title.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:08 pm

Depends who he gives the pens to.
teamleader1

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:13 pm

Unless we sign another striker and probably even if we do it'll be Peter Crouch I would have thought. His scoring record once he had broken his duck around christmas was very good and I think his experiences with the national team will have developed him further as a player.
Furthermore he is at the moment the only "target" type striker which we have and as such would be expected to be a regular starter with any one from the other two of Bellamy and Fowler. Those championing the cause of ping-pong are wide of the mark in my view, my suspicion is not only that he isn't good enough but also that there are now two similar strikers but much better infront of him.
My hunch is that Crouch will score very regularly in his second season and become a much better player than many have given him credit for thus far.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion