Liverpool striker michael owen will join real madr

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:24 pm

Liverpool striker Michael Owen will join Real Madrid in an £8m plus player deal according to a source close to the club, BBC Five Live has reported.
As well as the fee, it is believed Liverpool will also receive right-sided midfielder Carlos Nunez.

So far there has no been no official confirmation from either club.

Owen was expected to move to Real after being left on the bench for Liverpool's Champions League game against Graz AK on Tuesday so as not to be cup-tied.

With just one year left on his Liverpool contract, Owen would be able to leave the club he has been at since he was 11-years-old for free at the end of the season
While the 24-year-old striker has always insisted he would not allow that to happen, it appears the Anfield bosses have decided to ensure they cash in.

And if Owen does unite with England captain David Beckham at Real, the transfer fee could help fund Liverpool's interest in midfielder Xabi Alonso.

The Real Sociedad player is valued at around £10.7m and is viewed as a replacement for Danny Murphy, who has joined Charlton.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:24 pm

8m thats a joke
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:49 am

There are already topics about this "speculation". I don't believe it until it's official. I've learned from the Gerrard scenario.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:53 am

Don't be naive. Gerrard was "pulled" by Chelsea. Owen though will be "pushed" out by the club because his contract is expiring soon and he will leave for nothing if he is not sold NOW.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:56 am

I'm not naive thats why I don't believe Owen is leaving until it is official.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:18 am

No offense, only opinion. It's easier for me, probably for other posters, to interact if you join the other relevant threads instead of making a new one. We have many threads with similar topics here and I need to "helter skelter" to open the rapid new postings. I think as another poster i have a right to submit my opinion. Don't take it personally, hopefully the other posters also read this. Cheers, Lakes 10 lad! :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:19 am

anfieldadorer wrote:No offense, only opinion. It's easier for me, probably for other posters, to interact if you join the other relevant threads instead of making a new one. We have many threads with similar topics here and I need to "helter skelter" to open the rapid new postings. I think as another poster i have a right to submit my opinion. Don't take it personally, hopefully the other posters also read this. Cheers, Lakes 10 lad! :)

I agree.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:58 am

yep don't start new topics , add to existing ones.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion