Liverpool spending under rafa - To prove a point !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Roll on the new season!

Me too.

eh?

roll on the season...me too?

We really need some proper football lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:42 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Roll on the new season!

Me too.

eh?

roll on the season...me too?

We really need some proper football lol

Me too! :nod

You know what he meant...go and do some work anyway!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:50 pm

:blush:
Last edited by Reg on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Flight wrote:Bottom line, our first 11 now vrs the Mancs first 11, under Rafas guidance, I'm confident of us beating them 4 times out of 5.

Putting your balls on the line there arent you mate, I´m a fresh 45 years old and in all my time Liverpool have NEVER beaten ManUre on a regular basis, they have been our bogey team since Adam was a lad.

But I hope to g*d you're right, I'd be as happy as Larry if we get 6 points off them again next season.

If you go back 30 years, we have aleways struggled against Ure and Arsenal.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Under GH we had a decent record against them but then lost when Rafa arrived. Hopefully last season was not a one off in terms of those big results.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flight » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Reg wrote:
Flight wrote:Bottom line, our first 11 now vrs the Mancs first 11, under Rafas guidance, I'm confident of us beating them 4 times out of 5.

Putting your balls on the line there arent you mate, I´m a fresh 45 years old and in all my time Liverpool have NEVER beaten ManUre on a regular basis, they have been our bogey team since Adam was a lad.

But I hope to g*d you're right, I'd be as happy as Larry if we get 6 points off them again next season.

If you go back 30 years, we have aleways struggled against Ure and Arsenal.

I'm 44 and remember going regularly in the 70's and 80's, like yourself :) And I said before our game against them (on YNWA) I was confident our best 11 would beat their best 11, even with the game at their gaff. Funnily enough, it was about the first time this season we had our best 11 available; note from then we went on a fabulous run.

And let's not forget they are weakened, losing Ronaldo and Tevez, while we have strengthened. They still relied on Giggs a lot last year (though him getting Player of the Season was a joke), who is on his last legs. Scholes is about finished.

If only that little Welsh turncoat scumbag hadn't gone to his spiritual home, they wouldn't have a shout at winning the prem this year.

Much expecting Ferguson to move back to his favoured 4 4 2, as it's all he knows. The last few years they have played Queiroz tactics. Last year they won the title in spite of Ferguson.

And I fully expect Johnson to bring a massive amount to our attacking.

I stand by my statement and look forward to regularly stuffing them from here on under Rafa
Last edited by Flight on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flight

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm

You are definatley weaker now without Ronaldo and Tevez not to mention the likes of Giggs and Scholes are probably nearing the end of their careers. But you can never write them off fully. Fergie has always been able to replace players. He done it with Bekham, van horse face so he could well doit again.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:You are definatley weaker now without Ronaldo and Tevez not to mention the likes of Giggs and Scholes are probably nearing the end of their careers. But you can never write them off fully. Fergie has always been able to replace players. He done it with Bekham, van horse face so he could well doit again.

who are you talking to when you say that?.....Ace?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:02 pm

The numbers which Ace has posted up look fair enough to me, apart from putting Cisse in. He was signed and sealed before the manager came, and the delivery part was the only bit left. From the way the manager treated him almost from day one, I think it was fairly clear he didn't want him in the first place and I don't blame him either for 14 million quid, absolutely terrible buy.

Other than that they look fair enough, and no doubt if you look at the mancs figures in comparison as of now they have spent less than us significantly, as they've just sold Ronaldo for 80 million and signed Owen on a free, while we've spent 18 million on Johnson.

The bit about the mancs "superstar squad and team" is just daft. Superstar squads and teams win trophies, they weren't winning anything so they weren't that sh!t hot. We weren't that sh!t hot either and we won a couple of trophies so it just shows you.

Anyway shmanyway, after three trophless seasons, some "rebuilding" and some very harsh and painful lessons learned, we are finally ready for take off. Given the fact that Torres missed a good proportion of last season, you can't help but think that we must have a huge chance this time around if he stays fit. There are no guarantees though, and there's part of me which will always hark back to his first season at the club. He scored a goal every time he swung his foot, barely missed a game other than in the farce of Fratton Park and the Birmingham between the lines balloney, and we were still out of it by the end of September. I know you can't go back in time, but if only we'd learned those lessons sooner we might concieveably be still a couple ahead of the Mancs in league titles. 

Anyway we're there now. Yes we've spent some money, lots of it, but most of it has been fairly wisely and providing we keep sensible we have a big opportunity to do something.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Oh ffs who gives a sh.it how much weve spent or havnt spent as long as we win the league i dont care, Well at least battle it out with the Mancs.for it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You are definatley weaker now without Ronaldo and Tevez not to mention the likes of Giggs and Scholes are probably nearing the end of their careers. But you can never write them off fully. Fergie has always been able to replace players. He done it with Bekham, van horse face so he could well doit again.

who are you talking to when you say that?.....Ace?  :D

Looks like I wasnt reading my post through before hitting that button.  :D It was meant tosay You are right they are....

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:56 am

NANNY RED wrote:Oh ffs who gives a sh.it how much weve spent or havnt spent as long as we win the league i dont care, Well at least battle it out with the Mancs.for it

Well ACE obviously cares . You know the line , Rafa's all spend spend spend with no return . Whilst Sir Bollocky Bill is one friggin genius in the transfer market. So sack rafa  :)
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:10 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Oh ffs who gives a sh.it how much weve spent or havnt spent as long as we win the league i dont care, Well at least battle it out with the Mancs.for it

Well ACE obviously cares . You know the line , Rafa's all spend spend spend with no return . Whilst Sir Bollocky Bill is one friggin genius in the transfer market. So sack rafa  :)

Its nothing to do with wanting to sack Rafa or to praise Fergie Igor, its just at times I get sick of the same whinging false excuses ....... " How can we possibly compete when Rafa has not had the money to buy players", or "All our players were cr@p when Rafa came".

The truth is Fergie got lucky when he signed Ronaldo, just as we did when we signed Torres. I am sure no one expected Ronaldo to become such a prolific goalscorer when they signed him, and he has been the difference between the mancs and the rest for the past few years. 

Hopefully a fit Torres will have a similar impact for us over the next few years and fire us to a couple of titles.
account deleted by request

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:58 am

s@int wrote:"All our players were cr@p when Rafa came".

I'm, going to debate the ars.e out of you sonny jim.

Later on though.  :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:09 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
s@int wrote:"All our players were cr@p when Rafa came".

I'm, going to debate the ars.e out of you sonny jim.

Later on though.  :D

Bring it on Rafa  :D  Good to see you back again anyway mate.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion