Liverpool spending under rafa - To prove a point !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:10 pm

s@int wrote:Penguins

1/ How many £30million pound players have the mancs signed ...... 1........ Berbatov. They have also sold Beckham for £26million or so and Ronaldo for £80million.Maybe if we had been daft enough to have sold Gerrard for £40million we might have signed one too. 

2/ The team had lost its way, the players were still good players though. As usual a new manager comes in and gets the best out of them. That doesn't mean they were cr@p, it just means they needed the incentive given to them by a new manager.

3/Dudek wouldn't go, he decided to see out his contract with us and leave on a free mate. Same as Pennant, Diao, and no doubt Voronin (if we don't manage to offload him soon)

Baros cost us £3million we sold him for £6.5million, Cisse was sold AFTER he had had two terrible leg breaks so you can hardly expect top dollar. Traore cost us £0.5million we sold him for £2million, Riise cost us £4million we sold him for £5million ?

Pennant cost us £7million we got £0, Morientes cost us £7.5million we got £3million.

All that is besides the point the point I am making is the excuse that we haven't been able to compete because of lack of money is no more. It is a past excuse, it has ceased to be, it has expired and gone to meet its maker. It is no longer a valid excuse, and denegrating past players will not make it any more viable or true mate.

As you have said the reason why we finished 30 points behind the mancs was not because we had bad players but because the players were dissillusioned with the manager. The fact that we finished above the mancs shows that. The fact that we beat them in the lc final shows that. The fact that we won the CL FINAL with 9 of them shows that, the fact that we won the FA CUP with 7 of them shows that. The fact that since most of them left we have won nothing shows that.

Rooney and Veron both cost 30Mil plus.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sajven » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 pm

1/ How many £30million pound players have the mancs signed ...... 1........ Berbatov. They have also sold Beckham for £26million or so and Ronaldo for £80million.Maybe if we had been daft enough to have sold Gerrard for £40million we might have signed one too. 

2/ The team had lost its way, the players were still good players though. As usual a new manager comes in and gets the best out of them. That doesn't mean they were cr@p, it just means they needed the incentive given to them by a new manager.

3/Dudek wouldn't go, he decided to see out his contract with us and leave on a free mate. Same as Pennant, Diao, and no doubt Voronin (if we don't manage to offload him soon)

Baros cost us £3million we sold him for £6.5million, Cisse was sold AFTER he had had two terrible leg breaks so you can hardly expect top dollar. Traore cost us £0.5million we sold him for £2million, Riise cost us £4million we sold him for £5million ?

Pennant cost us £7million we got £0, Morientes cost us £7.5million we got £3million.

All that is besides the point the point I am making is the excuse that we haven't been able to compete because of lack of money is no more. It is a past excuse, it has ceased to be, it has expired and gone to meet its maker. It is no longer a valid excuse, and denegrating past players will not make it any more viable or true mate.

As you have said the reason why we finished 30 points behind the mancs was not because we had bad players but because the players were dissillusioned with the manager. The fact that we finished above the mancs shows that. The fact that we beat them in the lc final shows that. The fact that we won the CL FINAL with 9 of them shows that, the fact that we won the FA CUP with 7 of them shows that. The fact that since most of them left we have won nothing shows that.

If you posted this on RAWK you would have been murdered by now.
Thats was a good read mate.
sajven

Postby sajven » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Rooney was £24m and Veron was £28m.
sajven

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Nando26 wrote:
s@int wrote:
fivecups wrote:Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.

Fact - we are still paying for the clauses in Torres transfer. We pay £150k for every 15 goals Torres scores for example. If all the clauses become payable on Torres transfer we will actually pay £27.5million.

Similarly we actually paid over £14million for Alonso. (Just ask our resident Alonso expert)

Yeh but mate do you think United & Chelsea wont have similar deals with the players they've bought

so you cant really mention stuff like that

'On the whole 'Ace newbie' comments......just plain pathetic, you think because you've been coming on a thread about Liverpool for longer you somehow know more?

sounds like a pathetic litlle losers God complex to me

first off kiddo, the newbie comment wasnt aimed at you... if you could read properly you would have realized that, surely ?!

was aimed at the other 'newbie' who came on barking about the figures being unreliable because according to him they came from a manutd forum... its that kinda cr@p that gets the insults going around here and i think calling him a newbie was as mild an insult i could come up with , same goes to you... if you wanna have a go at me do it in PM and i'll then reply to you how i see fit...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Man Utd's transfers in 2004/2005

Players in

Player From Fee Date
Wayne Rooney Everton £ 20000000 31-08-2004

Man Utd's transfers in 2001/2002

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Juan Veron Lazio £ 28100000 12-07-2001

From soccerbase Bav
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:26 pm

s@int wrote:
red37 wrote:Any problems - PM a moderator. Who will happy to furnish anybody who is curious...with the necessary details. No need to spam a topic with irrelevant observations.

The only irrelevant observations I can see were yours mate.

Wrong. You stated that aCe was banned. He was.....then he was reinstated. Had you PM'd a moderator instead of casually dropping it into your post (F*ck know what that has to do with Rafa's financial dealings like....) - you would have been armed with the 'right' info. Same as one or two other issues that have cropped up recently. Its better to ask a mod if in any doubt than to 'assume'

Brain - gear - gob. Something along those lines anyway....

Now, once again - this is my last word. You will not achieve anything more here by labouring on. My point was made and you are now aware of the outcome. End of.

As you were.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:32 pm

sajven wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Wrong. After add ons they were both 30.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

red37 wrote:
s@int wrote:
red37 wrote:Any problems - PM a moderator. Who will happy to furnish anybody who is curious...with the necessary details. No need to spam a topic with irrelevant observations.

Wrong. You stated that aCe was banned. He was.....then he was reinstated. Had you PM'd a moderator instead of casually dropping it into your post (F*ck know what that has to do with Rafa's financial dealings like....) - you would have been armed with the 'right' info. Same as one or two other issues that have cropped up recently. Its better to ask a mod if in any doubt than to 'assume'

Now, once again - this is my last word. You will not achieve anything more here by labouring on. My point was made and you are now aware of the outcome. End of.

As you were.

So Ace' wasn't banned ?  Or he was banned and reinstated? I said he was banned ...... how is that wrong? Why should I pm a moderator before saying someone is banned? I can just look at the symbols....... presumably that is what they are there for?

Its you that is wrong mate ..... not me. I SAID HE WAS BANNED ..... WHICH HE WAS.

You said I was wrong....... I WASN'T ..... you were. If you want to continue this PM me and save spoiling an interesting discussion. 

Brain - gear - gob. Something along those lines anyway......

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:
sajven wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Wrong. After add ons they were both 30.

I don't think so mate. If you can find something different by all means do.

As far as I am aware with add on's Rooney cost about £25million and there were no add on's with VERON.

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:45 pm

red37 wrote:
s@int wrote:

As you were.

well it seems like you'd have to PM 5 mods to get to the bottom of such things now doesnt it ?!

there was nothing there that warranted a ban ... hell even i still dont fully understand why i was banned if truth be told, seems like poor moderating more than anything... not sure any of the other mods besides the one who actually banned me would have figured out why i was banned either...

anyways... no point in making a big deal out of this thread goin a little off track it seems to have gone off track after the 2nd or 3rd post and is still way off track if you ask me...

If anything Saint is one of few down here who is trying to get things back on track by keeping the discussion based purely on facts and figures rather than opinions...

its all about the money we spent not whether our buys were good or whether we went on to win the league of fck all as a result... theres plenty of other threads out there that discussed those points to yawning extents ..

anyways back to the transfers... Bav i appreciate the points you bring up but the figures i have up there dont include all the add ons to the transfer.... thats why Alonso, Torres, and some of the ManUtd players have the cited figures above.... would be alot harder keeping it up to date with all the add ons included...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:47 pm

this thread is bo.llocks from someone who is an obvious closet manc/homosexual

it was just started to show what rafa has spent? why involve other clubs then?

and to compare rafas spending with fergusons spending over the last 5years is ridiculous when you cosider he had a squad jammed with quality players and ours was pi.ss poor in comparison when rafa took over

in conclusion... ACE = MANC
Nando26

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Nando26 wrote:this thread is bo.llocks from someone who is an obvious closet manc/homosexual

and to compare rafas spending with fergusons spending over the last 5years is ridiculous when you cosider he had a squad jammed with quality players and ours was pi.ss poor in comparison when rafa took over

:sniffle

atleast you didnt tell me to "fck off"  :wwww
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Nando26 wrote:this thread is bo.llocks from someone who is an obvious closet manc/homosexual

Please don't try and talk sense here  :D
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:02 pm

The issue I have is the amount Rafa has spent on youth and non of them have broken into the first team yet apart from Insua :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:05 pm

It took Fergie 5 years to produce 1 player - Giggs so give Rafa some time.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion