Liverpool - number one team in uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm not even gonna answer that S@int, it'll all be off again. It makes me laugh though that you and Peewee can ponce about deserving all the stick you get, loving it infact when you get some and nobody gives you any, whereas I post up that it was a fantastic win and somebody wants to have a pop because I didn't put "absolutely fantastic" (and I'm only kidding there, nobody did really I'm just making that bit up for effect). Ah feck it i must go to bed, I'm scared to post anything anymore.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:all this thread was started for was to show some good news, now its world war 3!!!

If there's any Evens available that it was totally my fault, I'm all over it. However much anyone'll take, I'll have it.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:08 pm

For some fans European games are more or less important than for others.

I must confess here that yesterday, before the game, I was thinking something like "I'd take a defeat today if that brings 5 wins in a row in the league".

It's obvious for some people league is more important and that must be respected. I'd say most of us would in fact wish to win the league rather than winning the sixth. Probably because we've won the CL more recently, and we have already been in another final.

But, even for those who want the league badly, this is good news.

Because, a team that wants to win the premiership has to attract top quality players if not world class. And it's easy to convince an Alonso to move from a mid sized team to one of the most glorious teams in Europe. But to convince the Torres, the Villas, the Etoos is another matter because they play in bigger clubs. And unlike us, they want CL success like a hungry cheetah, and to be the number one in that ranking makes us even more attractive.

Which is good because we'll be seriously considered by top players. Top players surrounding Gerrard (Reina, Mascherano, Alonso) is what has made us dreamt of the league, and I think this European reputation is good so that we can bring more quality.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:09 pm

most of my annoyance was aimed at peewee not yourself mick
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:10 pm

SORRY, SHOULD HAVE QUOTED SABRE HERE.

No argument with any of that, good point well made.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:am i happy about being top of some pointless table? not really mate, because it means feck all

Actually, it does mean something. Remember the 90's to early '00's? We were class in Europe then, weren't we?

That's what I was saying. I remember those woeful performances but it seems that many have forgot. I remember the times when we were woeful on home and foreign soil, I remember watching Man U in the Champion's League on ITV, week in, week out, just wishing it could be us in that position. Now we are, people (our own fans) just want to poo poo our achievements just because we couldn't beat Man City at home. It's a joke.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:11 pm

GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:Mick i would be quite happy to let it go if i knew your other post was genuine but we all now it was just more sarcastic rubbish and more about you being wronged once again on the board .

5th time now

littleman? what did you mean by this? was it an attempt at abuse? I mean only yesterday you were on a crusade about insulting people and bragging how you don't insult people, yet to me this looks like an insult.

so is this meant as an insult, if it is dontcha think thats a little two faced of you, if its not meant as an insult then what is it?

peewee = littleman cause i couldnt be bother saying peewee - if your deeply insulted then let the mods know .

why does peewee = littleman?  peewee is because my first name starts with pe and my second with we and my mum called me peewee when i was young. peewee  6 letters, littleman 9 letters, yes i can see why you typed the longer word despite the fact the shorter word even has double letters twice.

so basically it was you trying to be clever and insulting despite your claims last night that you don't insult people, glad we cleared that one up.  it was an attempt at an insult and now you want to weasel out of it, be a man
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

GYBS wrote:most of my annoyance was aimed at peewee not yourself mick

again weaseling out, if it was aimed at me why quote mick and abuse his post
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Effes wrote: :laugh:  Unbelieveable - if anyone wants a snippet that represents the latest spats on this forum
they just need to read through this thread.

All Im saying with regard to this is - some people are more critical, some more positive (not sure what the opposite of critical is).
At the end of the day - people should analys the content of a post rather than the angle it comes from.

Back on topic:-

This co-efficient thing has run for a few years and is used by UEFA when seedings are appraised.
I think it's great to be top - while we aren't current Champions, it is something that shows quantitavely how
we have progressed into a team that is now considered a force in Europe.

I will agree, no ranking system is required anyway for that; we all know Man U, Barca, Milan etc are forces
in Europe anyway.
However - if any ranking table is compiled, it's great to see us at the top.

Just a side note - One thing which is totally undisputable is that Rafa is a master in Europe.
As for the debate of progress under Rafa goes - he has achieved the maximum in Europe (in his reign so far).

Let's just hope we see off Real as we expect, and march on to a hat-trick in Rome.

Im just quoting, to re-iterate what I said.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:14 pm

pee wee baseball as example is littluns league, littlemen if you will. So lets get back to the topic.

It's a nice story. Yay, we can all be togetehr and happy :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:14 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:am i happy about being top of some pointless table? not really mate, because it means feck all

Actually, it does mean something. Remember the 90's to early '00's? We were class in Europe then, weren't we?

That's what I was saying. I remember those woeful performances but it seems that many have forgot. I remember the times when we were woeful on home and foreign soil, I remember watching Man U in the Champion's League on ITV, week in, week out, just wishing it could be us in that position. Now we are, people (our own fans) just want to poo poo our achievements just because we couldn't beat Man City at home. It's a joke.

Well said
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:16 pm

peewee wrote:

Was gonna say, fecking hell you could've fooled me. Two minutes ago you were postint to me that you would have been happy to let it drop (with me) and telling me I was posting sanctimonious cr@p  :D (not that I wasn't or anything, it'sjust hard for to get my head round it not being at me when you quoted me).

Anyhow forget it, it doesn't matter. It's great that we're top of the ranking thing. No argument about it.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm

bigmick wrote:
peewee wrote:

Was gonna say, fecking hell you could've fooled me. Two minutes ago you were postint to me that you would have been happy to let it drop (with me) and telling me I was posting sanctimonious cr@p  :D (not that I wasn't or anything, it'sjust hard for to get my head round it not being at me when you quoted me).

Anyhow forget it, it doesn't matter. It's great that we're top of the ranking thing. No argument about it.

cause you kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and aon with the same old over and over and over again .

read back to my inital reply and you will see it was a general reply about the state of the board and people being negative and you once agaiin took it as a personal attack on you and then kept gooing on and on again about real supporters blah blah blah .
Last edited by GYBS on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:21 pm

to be fair sabes I dont think a player will make a judgement about joining us based on this table, I doubt most players even know it exists. I think they will make a judgement based on salary, manager, city, team mates and the chance of winning something
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 pm

peewee wrote:to be fair sabes I dont think a player will make a judgement about joining us based on this table, I doubt most players even know it exists. I think they will make a judgement based on salary, manager, city, team mates and the chance of winning something

But we read it, it's just a happy story ffs so stop moaning and just enjoy something for once in your life!!!

No ones saying that footballers are looking at that and saying "my, Liverpool are atualyl good, lets play for them"

Its just some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion