Liverpool - number one team in uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redbilly1960 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 pm

GYBS wrote:Liverpool back to number one in UEFA ranking

UEFA data puts Liverpool FC top of the European club rankings.
by Anfield Online | Thursday 26th February 2009

According to official UEFA rankings Liverpool FC are back in top position in the list of European Clubs after their fine start to the European campaign this season.

The UEFA coefficient data ranks teams based on results and standard of opposition in European competitions over 5 seasons. (or since Rafa arrived).

1 Liverpool FC (114.077)
2 Chelsea FC (110.077)
3 Barcelona (109.403)
4 AC Milan (109.306)
5 Arsenal (101.077)
6 Sevilla (100.403)
7 Man Utd (99.077)
8 Bayern Munich (93.664)
9 Lyon (90.576)
10 Inter Milan (87.306)

Liverpool also have the highest ranking for this present season with (18.1775 points) closely followed by Bayern Munich, who handed out a 5-0 demolition at Sporting Lisbon tonight.

I know there is no big shiny cup or a open top bus parade but its nice to see Liverpool Football Club top of anything wether its the fair play league or the best pies sold at the ground.
If Stevie G wins world player of the year do we say "so what, weres the big shiny cup and the open top bus" I for one will be rejoicing.
Its something POSITIVE about the club we are all supposed to LOVE stop dismissing it as nothing important everything positive said by others is good there are enough so called supporters quick to turn things negative.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Ah right, I've got it now. We have the best record out of any team in the Champions League over the last five years. Infact, in terms of the Champions League and success in the competition, it is fair to say we are the best team in Europe based on those last five years. We have made massive progression in that competition. We are infact, over the last five years, taking into account the fact that we've reached the semi finals three times, the final twice and won it once, the most successful team in the competition over the last five seasons. No other team in the competition can match our record in the champions League over the last five seasons..

I think I've covered every angle there.

Oh and BTW that thing about not accusing me of being a "real fan". You did accuse me the other day of gloating because it now appeared we ween't going to win the league. I guess that would mean I was happy that we appeared to have less chance than winning the league. Real fans don't do that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:04 pm

peewee wrote:and this means what exactly, does it give us the premier league title, does it give us the champions league.

sorry mate but that means feck all

Proves your pint glass is always half empty, leaving the remnants of a flat bitter and our glass is half full of a good bodied real ale....mmmmm yummy  :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:35 pm

bigmick wrote:Ah right, I've got it now. We have the best record out of any team in the Champions League over the last five years. Infact, in terms of the Champions League and success in the competition, it is fair to say we are the best team in Europe based on those last five years. We have made massive progression in that competition. We are infact, over the last five years, taking into account the fact that we've reached the semi finals three times, the final twice and won it once, the most successful team in the competition over the last five seasons. No other team in the competition can match our record in the champions League over the last five seasons..

I think I've covered every angle there.

Oh and BTW that thing about not accusing me of being a "real fan". You did accuse me the other day of gloating because it now appeared we ween't going to win the league. I guess that would mean I was happy that we appeared to have less chance than winning the league. Real fans don't do that.

tell you what mick - just give it a rest with your normal woe is me sanctimonious rubbish its getting boring now
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm

peewee wrote:am i happy about being top of some pointless table? not really mate, because it means feck all

Actually, it does mean something. Remember the 90's to early '00's? We were class in Europe then, weren't we?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 pm

GYBS wrote:tell you what mick - just give it a rest with your normal woe is me sanctimonious rubbish its getting boring now

Oh Ok then I will. Sorry about that mate. I'm totally out of order. What I'll do is, Ill nip out the back and see if I can't set up the rake at a perfect angle so that when I deliberately jump on it it administers an almighty smack into my b0ll0cks.

I feel like I've wandered into a bit of a parallel universe here. Is Jeremy Beadle on or something, is my cab here yet?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:45 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:tell you what mick - just give it a rest with your normal woe is me sanctimonious rubbish its getting boring now

Oh Ok then I will. Sorry about that mate. I'm totally out of order. What I'll do is, Ill nip out the back and see if I can't set up the rake at a perfect angle so that when I deliberately jump on it it administers an almighty smack into my b0ll0cks.

I feel like I've wandered into a bit of a parallel universe here. Is Jeremy Beadle on or something, is my cab here yet?

Why, what do you need a little hand with?  :devil:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:46 pm

Mick i would be quite happy to let it go if i knew your other post was genuine but we all now it was just more sarcastic rubbish and more about you being wronged once again on the board .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm

:laugh:  Unbelieveable - if anyone wants a snippet that represents the latest spats on this forum
they just need to read through this thread.

All Im saying with regard to this is - some people are more critical, some more positive (not sure what the opposite of critical is).
At the end of the day - people should analys the content of a post rather than the angle it comes from.

Back on topic:-

This co-efficient thing has run for a few years and is used by UEFA when seedings are appraised.
I think it's great to be top - while we aren't current Champions, it is something that shows quantitavely how
we have progressed into a team that is now considered a force in Europe.

I will agree, no ranking system is required anyway for that; we all know Man U, Barca, Milan etc are forces
in Europe anyway.
However - if any ranking table is compiled, it's great to see us at the top.

Just a side note - One thing which is totally undisputable is that Rafa is a master in Europe.
As for the debate of progress under Rafa goes - he has achieved the maximum in Europe (in his reign so far).

Let's just hope we see off Real as we expect, and march on to a hat-trick in Rome.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Why, what do you need a little hand with?  :devil:

Daws if you wanna get your hand anywhere near my b0ll0cks you'd best bring a gun mate  :D

GYBS. Mate I couldn't give a flying feck if you want to let it go or not. Go for your life. I absolutely defy anybody, anywhere, of any persuasion whatsoever to read through this thread, with unbiased eyes and conclude that I deserved all that cr@p I got earlier. It's not you that's letting it drop mate it's me, because I'm the one who copped a load of sh!t for feck all.

Woe is me indeed because it's far from being the first time of late for whatever reason. What does me in a bit is this, there are plenty of my posts and my opinions for people to launch into, without them steaming in over absolutely feck all.

Anyways, what's done is done. I've had a lot worse recently so nae bother.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

GYBS wrote:Mick i would be quite happy to let it go if i knew your other post was genuine but we all now it was just more sarcastic rubbish and more about you being wronged once again on the board .

5th time now

littleman? what did you mean by this? was it an attempt at abuse? I mean only yesterday you were on a crusade about insulting people and bragging how you don't insult people, yet to me this looks like an insult.

so is this meant as an insult, if it is dontcha think thats a little two faced of you, if its not meant as an insult then what is it?
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Its no wonder you get so much stick Mick. FFS all you have to realise is that if we win ..... its Rafa's a genius and the team are the best in Europe. If we lose or draw its Parry and the two tw@ts fault. Simple really mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:02 pm

peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:Mick i would be quite happy to let it go if i knew your other post was genuine but we all now it was just more sarcastic rubbish and more about you being wronged once again on the board .

5th time now

littleman? what did you mean by this? was it an attempt at abuse? I mean only yesterday you were on a crusade about insulting people and bragging how you don't insult people, yet to me this looks like an insult.

so is this meant as an insult, if it is dontcha think thats a little two faced of you, if its not meant as an insult then what is it?

peewee = littleman cause i couldnt be bother saying peewee - if your deeply insulted then let the mods know .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm

all this thread was started for was to show some good news, now its world war 3!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Whats new
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion