Liverpool - number one team in uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

You have ruined the thread by trying to put a negative spin on it . no one said it wins us any shiny trophy . and it may be meaningless to you but to some it shows just how bloody good we are in europe . so for once just go elsewhere with the negative rubbish and leave this thread the way it was intended to be .
Last edited by GYBS on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

yawn.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 am

dawson99 wrote:No Mick, what I'm saying is that we have not had much good news lately. And you and PeeWee are doing wghatever you can to ruin a nice happy thread. that's what is annoying us so much.

what do i want Mick? Just be happy for ocne, dont over analyse every single thread. This is here to show something good. Not to go into details about how unaccurate it may be. By doing that you are ruining a happy thread, PeeWee too, and that's not true support in my eyes.

no need to shake your head and take the high ground. Just be happy we have some good news or don't post in the thread, both of you.

F*cking unbelievable some people on this board lately. Peope would rather make an arguament out of good enws than just be happy for one Iota.
No wonder all the old skoolers are leaving the site.

I am simply at a loss. I'm going to leave the thread and not bother, but if you can be bothered daws and you read back as to WHAT I HAVE ACTUALLY WRITTEN and not what you seem to be reading, I think you'll agree there appears to have been a mistake here.

I feel like Roy Keane who gets sent off for his first foul of the match, when it wasn't even a foul. Anyways, if I'm ruining the thread by saying it was fantastic result, we have progressed in Europe, I expected us to win etc I'll bow out. Too negative? Yeah your right mate, so doomy and gloomy   :D .
Good luck with it anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am

GYBS wrote:You have ruined the thread by trying to put a negative spin on it . no one said it wins us any shiny trophy . and i may be meaningless to you but to some it shows just how bloody good we are in europe . so for once just go elsewhere with the negative rubbish and leave this thread the way it was intended to be .

aw sowwy for wuining your thwead by being honest and giving an opinion, but you don't get to dictate who posts where on the forum, if you post something then you have to expect comments, either good or negative, thats the nature of the forum.

if you have a good argument to counter my opinion that the stats mean feck all then please feel free to use that good argument rather than resorting to comments like 'littleman' and moaning because you think your thread has been ruined. many a thread has been ruined with your gibberish but thats your prerogative
112-1077774096

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:09 am

We are only secong in this thread :D

Chelsea is the most multilingual football team in the premiership, according to new research on the language skills of our premier league clubs. The Blues first team speaks a total of 10 different second languages. The most popular being Spanish, with Lampard, Carvalho, Anelka, Kalou and Deco all able to hablar español in the locker room.

But the findings from the Try Life In Another Language campaign shows that while 45 per cent of players in the premiership now speak a second language, British players are lagging behind their foreign team-mates, with just five per cent able to speak another language.

LEAGUE TABLE:
1. Chelsea (28 language points)
2. Liverpool (27 language points)
2. Arsenal (27 language points)
3. Fulham (26 language points)
4. Manchester City (25 language points)
5. Portsmouth (21 language points)
6. Blackburn (20 language points)
7. Bolton (19 language points)
8. Manchester United (18 language points)
8. West Bromwich Albion (18 language points)
9. Everton (17 language points)
10. Newcastle (16 language points)
10. Tottenham Hotspur (16 language points)
11. Aston Villa (13 language points)
12. Sunderland (12 language points)
13. Hull City (10 language points)
14. West Ham (9 language points)
15. Middlesbrough (9 language points)
16. Stoke City (8 language points)
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:11 am

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:You know what mick this is exactly what is wrong with the forum at the moment and im pretty sure its really is p1ssing a lot of people off - someone posts a positive story - there was no gloating and in strolls the normal negative stuff and away we go aagiin - why the hell cant we just have one positive thread about our club - why does everyone have to be some fecking negative all the time .

This forum is full anf full of people slagging off the manager , slagging off the team , slagging off players . Even after a great result last night people still try and put a damper on it - Real were sh ite etc etc etc etc .

Its getting boring now .

You asked a question why people get annoyed when people critize certain players or manager well this is exhibit number one for you - why the feck do people have to leap on to anything positive that is posted or said by someone and try and spin it in a negative way .

You need to go back and read what I posted mate. Before you post up again or anybody else posts up again casting aspersions on how much of a real supporter anyone is.

In my post, on this thread, about five minutes ago, I said (again) that it was a great result. I said (again) that we had progressed in Europe. I said (again) that most people thoguht we would win, and it wasn't necessarily because the Premiership is the stronger league, it's because we usually do in Europe.

I started a thread yesterday saying it was a fantastic result.

I don't know how positive you want me to be, but I'll give you the same opportunity as I gave daws. Why don't you post up what you want me to say, and I'll say it if it makes you feel better?

Is it because I said we aren't the best team in Europe that people are going off on one?

No problem, we're the best team in Europe. There, happy now?

Never said anything about how it measures about how true a supporter anyone is so you can drop that bone straight away with me .

Its nice and simple - i posted a story and some rankings (which arent meaningless as some suggest as help decide which pots people are in and seedings etc ) that shows us in good light for once instead of the normal negative cr ap we have to put up with lately - and how long does the thread last until someone is negative about it ? two posts maybe at a max ?

Its a small snippet of what the forum is like these days in the fact that nothing positive can be said about the team ,club , manager or players without someone leaping onto you and being negative - because apparently im in love with rafa ,kuyt etc or i wear rose tinted specs or im rafas love child or my head is buried in the sand and its getting tiresome it really fecking is . Its a sad state of affairs when someone cant post something positive these days about anything to do with the club without some posters trying to pull the positiveness of the post down to negative levels .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:14 am

peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:You have ruined the thread by trying to put a negative spin on it . no one said it wins us any shiny trophy . and i may be meaningless to you but to some it shows just how bloody good we are in europe . so for once just go elsewhere with the negative rubbish and leave this thread the way it was intended to be .

aw sowwy for wuining your thwead by being honest and giving an opinion, but you don't get to dictate who posts where on the forum, if you post something then you have to expect comments, either good or negative, thats the nature of the forum.

if you have a good argument to counter my opinion that the stats mean feck all then please feel free to use that good argument rather than resorting to comments like 'littleman' and moaning because you think your thread has been ruined. many a thread has been ruined with your gibberish but thats your prerogative

The rankings decide your seedings for the cl draws in group stages , and qualifying stages - so not meaningless really are they . and also show how well in europe we have improved ever since rafa has arrived.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:14 am

bigmick wrote:How many times will we do this before we learn FFS :D I swear sometimes the more positive side of the forum talk us into defeats. We win one game (and I'm not saying it wasn't a great result etc) and we go into super gloat mode  :D All of a sudden anybody who had/has doubts was/is wrong, we're the best team in Europe, it shows progression etc etc. Talk about put the mockers on something never was in it. It's a bit like every time a commentator bigs a player up saying he's this that and the other, you can be absolutely certain that the next time he gets the ball he'll fall erse over t!t over it. It's absolutely inevitable.

Look, in Europe I don't think anybody sane would dispute we have progressed immensely. Most people expected us to win last night, which isn't necessarily because most people think the Premiership is the stronger league, it's also because we generally do in Europe. It was a great performace, the players and the manager deserve credit, lots of it. We move on though, we've got another game coming up at the weekend, and we really really could do with winning that as well. Progression in the league is by no means as clear cut as it is in the Champions League. We need to get a few results to give ourselves a chance of making it so.

Yes the best team in Europe ranking is lovely, but I do see where Peewee is coming from. We aren't the best team in Europe (it is Ok to say that right without being a c...  ???) so while it's maybe not meaningless, it certainly means less than where we finish up in the league.

I swear though, one good result and we jump up on our high horses with the old nah nah nah-nah nah's. Why not just for once be quietly confident, see how things pan out before we start proclaiming that people are a joke for not quite getting the prayer mats out yet.

This is what I was refferring to

Where did we jump on our high horses and sing nanananana or whatever?

It's just a nice story, ruined as always.

(And just because you put smiley faces in your 'work' doesn't make it lighthearted)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:14 am

Before you leave the thread, get your facts right Bigmick.  :)

GYBS is not saying Liverpool  are the best club in Europe. GYBS is enjoying, posting, and admiring the FACT that we have the best European record in Europe as of late.

That is, he's trying to enjoy an excellent record of European games of our club under Rafa Benitez. Is that Gloating?

If it is, I'd like to know what's the difference between that, and posting about the excellent record of games of Mourinho in a Liverpool forum.

Is it the latter gloating? No, then GYBS is not gloating neither.

Is it the latter more relevant in this forum? I think no. What about you?

</all this said very calm>
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:28 am

and for the fourth time now.

what do you mean by your 'littleman' comment?

the stats mean nothing, oh sorry they go towards seeding for next season in the CL, the top eight are seeded higher than the bottom eight,, so in reality 8th place is seeded the same as 1st place, yeah I can see how important it is now  :D
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:29 am

Just shows we beat a nothing side last night they arn't even in the top ten :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 am

on the main page s@int is shown as making the last post in here, yet when i come in here there is no post from s@int

weird  :D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:38 am

oh its appeared now  :D
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:43 am

Well since I'm getting mentioned I should come back and answer the points I guess.

Daws, I came into the thread, read what was being said and posted what I posted. I was sitting on the fence as far as i could tell, and I think if you've read the forum over the last day or so you'd see whare I was coming from. As I said in my first post on the thread, we've been there before. We have a good result, or sometimes a string of good results and people get so carried away with back slapping they practically ensure the wheels are about to come off. Hopefully it doesn't happen this time, but we'll see. Can I just clarify here as well that by back slapping I don't mean that people shouldn't celebrate a victory, because we all do that, but I do think if we're honest sometimes people are equally as happy about getting one over on the anti's as they are about winning  :) No problem with that at all, it's all natural and good but I'm a bit superstitious, and it's something to keep in moderation i think. Maybe it's just me though, but as I've said I've sommented on it (on both sides) many times.

As for the smiley faces in my "work" making it lighthearted or not, I'm sorry you don't think so. I've never to the best of my knowledge had a fall out with you Daws, and I aren't going to here. I think your little pop earlier was unjustified if you read what I actually wrote, you don't, it's cool.

Sabes I should get my facts straight next. I'm not sure I said that GYBS was saying we were the best club in Europe. I said we WEREN'T the best team in Europe (and actually asked if that was Ok to say that, as I know such things seem to rile people up for some reason). I asked him what did he want me to say, the same as I asked Daws earlier what did they want me to say. You can tell me what I ought to say if you like, because I don't know. I've said probably twenty times now on various threads that it was a great result and that the manager and team deserve huge credit. That's not enough though obviously, so I'm simply asking what they want me to say? I used the "best team in Europe" as an example, as I had said it. Sorry, bad example. Tell me what you want me to say so you'll think I'm a real fan, and I'll say it for you.

As for the Mourinho thing, I posted that in Premiership general discussion. I was torn between there and "worldwide discussion" but as Mourinho was well known to everyone as a Premiership manager I put it in there. I thought that was what that part of the forum was for? the reason i started a thread on him as you probably remember, was that we had a poll on who should be the new manager (not started by me I might add) and although there were a number of options, Mourinho wasn't among them. As many people voted for the "others" option, it seemed fairly clear they were voting for Mourinho. Out of respect to the fact that was in Liverpool General discussion, I started the thread elsewhere. In the thread, in the best detail I could dig up, I listed his record. Sorry about that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:53 am

Tell me what you want me to say so you'll think I'm a real fan, and I'll say it for you.

In my 10000+ posts, you won't ever find a comment talking about you being a real fan or not, your job, or whatever.

The personal comments you might find of me are of respect.

I'm not sure I said that GYBS was saying we were the best club in Europe

No you actually said this

We win one game (and I'm not saying it wasn't a great result etc) and we go into super gloat mode   All of a sudden anybody who had/has doubts was/is wrong, we're the best team in Europe, it shows progression etc etc. Talk about put the mockers on something never was in it.

Unless this is English humour I don't get, we have never said here in this thread that the doubters are wrong.

I haven't talked of progress all of a sudden, I've been talking about progress all the time

And we haven't said we are the best team of Europe, but we can say we have the best results in Europe.

That is, Chelsea, who's second in the list, didn't win it.

Manchester United won it last year, but they didn't make it to the semifinals and 2 finals in 4 years.

That is, we have a better record than anyone. Is that saying we're the best? No. It means that our results in Europe are not good, nor very good, nor excellent. But the best of Europe.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion