Liverpool new kit launch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 am

Greavesie » Sat May 12, 2012 2:53 am wrote:'96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that.'

I understand the signifiance of the day and that its a very sensitive issue but for a long as I've supported Liverpool FC Hillsborough has always been a very important issue. I cannot believe the HJC came out with that, an unbelievably ignorant statement

I bet that not many people outside of Liverpool could break the old badge into its component parts and tell me what each represented, I think the gesture to put the flames and number in isolation on the new shirt is fantastic and really shows how much it matters to Liverpool. We've went back to our roots with the badge, but the memory of the 96 stays with us - that's what it says to me anyway

the thing is mate it would not have taken no more than a week to email the new look to all the familes of the 96 to see what they think about it.

you must keep in mind that since 1998 most familes joined HJC and LFC stopped listening to them
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 am

edit d post
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 12, 2012 1:48 pm

i think the badge became a bit too clutterd myself, from even a few paces away it all sort of merged into a white, red and green splodge. the shankly gates, paisley gates and the flame are landmarks at the stadium so i`m not sure why they have to be on the badge. the spion kop and brunel`s flagpole have been landmarks at the ground for a long, long time but i`m not sure they need to be represented on the badge either.
putting 96 on the shirt is a nice touch by the club, i would have preferred to see it on the sleeve of the jersey so we could have the symbolism of wearing `our hearts on our sleeve` type of thing but in my humble opinion it looks fine where it is.
rangers (twice), bradford and bolton all suffered terrible tragedies and as far as i`m aware none of those clubs commemorate the disasters by putting anything on their kits or badges so it`s a nice gesture by the club and something i`d like to see made permanent, i wouldnt be too bothered where the kit designers decide to place the 96 in future just as long as it is somewhere on the jersey.
i really like the minimalist badge, to me you dont need all the extra information thrown in, that big bold cormorant puffing it`s chest out in pride says everything that needs to be said about this football club, i look at that bird and see the good times and the bad times, the triumphs and disasters, i dont just see the shankly`s and paisleys but the watson`s, taylors and kays too, it`s not just about the steven gerrards and the kenny dalglish`s but the stubbins`s and mcvean`s and houlding`s and mckenna`s as well. it`s all in there, in that big yellow liverbird if you look at it closely enough.
again i`d like to say i think the kit designers have done a tremendous job with this, this is our best kit since the early 80`s one imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 12, 2012 12:48 pm wrote:i think the badge became a bit too clutterd myself, from even a few paces away it all sort of merged into a white, red and green splodge. the shankly gates, paisley gates and the flame are landmarks at the stadium so i`m not sure why they have to be on the badge. the spion kop and brunel`s flagpole have been landmarks at the ground for a long, long time but i`m not sure they need to be represented on the badge either.
putting 96 on the shirt is a nice touch by the club, i would have preferred to see it on the sleeve of the jersey so we could have the symbolism of wearing `our hearts on our sleeve` type of thing but in my humble opinion it looks fine where it is.
rangers (twice), bradford and bolton all suffered terrible tragedies and as far as i`m aware none of those clubs commemorate the disasters by putting anything on their kits or badges so it`s a nice gesture by the club and something i`d like to see made permanent, i wouldnt be too bothered where the kit designers decide to place the 96 in future just as long as it is somewhere on the jersey.
i really like the minimalist badge, to me you dont need all the extra information thrown in, that big bold cormorant puffing it`s chest out in pride says everything that needs to be said about this football club, i look at that bird and see the good times and the bad times, the triumphs and disasters, i dont just see the shankly`s and paisleys but the watson`s, taylors and kays too, it`s not just about the steven gerrards and the kenny dalglish`s but the stubbins`s and mcvean`s and houlding`s and mckenna`s as well. it`s all in there, in that big yellow liverbird if you look at it closely enough.
again i`d like to say i think the kit designers have done a tremendous job with this, this is our best kit since the early 80`s one imo.

Absolute belter of a post. Exactly!
Why does it have to be spelt out who we are on the badge? We know who we are and what we stand for and that's all that matters!

Love the return of the old crest. Takes me back to running round the garden with my older brother's hitachi top!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 pm

:buttrock Just pre-ordered mine along with a kit each for my two boys.

June 1st delivery
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 am

Personally i dont like this new jersey as it look to dull..but we have had a number of terrible jersey during our Calsberg days so this is no surprise. the flame with the 96 is a good touch but i wish that it is show more prominently in the jersey.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 pm

I think the new kit is kwality, not a shabby umbro, lotto, or an identikit Adidas. It's different and a classic. I really cannot understand the HJC making an issue of not being consulted, their cause is far more more important than the design of the shirt. Also if you ask everyone their opinion your likely to get nothing done, the Club fully understands the importance of Hillsborough and the adding of the 96 signifies everything about Hillsborough and reminds everyone, it's classy and discreet.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:37 pm

The shirt looks something the physio wears whilst sitting on the bench. Its just a plain polo shirt, its not the worst shirt ive ever seen but its pretty boring and looks kinda cheap looking. The badge is nice though, i like having the club badge and kit make in the gold but the sponsor should be in white as theres a bit too much gold on there for my liking.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Redman in wales » Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 am wrote:

We were always red and white until 1976.

I thought it was 1964?
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I couldn't really care less about our shirts as I won't be a) buying them or b) wearing them. All I care about is the results the team gets on a weekly basis.
Boxscarf

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Boxscarf » Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm wrote:

I thought it was 1964?

No - '76 according to the offal: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/history/historical-lfc-kits

We changed to red shorts in 64 but kept white trim and white liverbird and white umbro logo until 76.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Boxscarf » Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 pm wrote:

I thought it was 1964?

:nod 

For those that weren't watching us pre the mid 70's here's a quick history lesson courtesy of Wiki.

For much of Liverpool's history its home colours have been all red, but when the club was founded its kit was more like the contemporary Everton kit. The blue and white quartered shirts were used until 1894, when the club adopted the city's colour of red.[3] The city's symbol of the liver bird was adopted as the club's crest in 1901, although it was not incorporated into the kit until 1955. Liverpool continued to wear red shirts and white shorts until 1964, when manager Bill Shankly decided to change to an all red strip.[35] Liverpool played in all red for the first time against Anderlecht, as Ian St. John recalled in his autobiography:
“ He [Shankly] thought the colour scheme would carry psychological impact—red for danger, red for power. He came into the dressing room one day and threw a pair of red shorts to Ronnie Yeats. "Get into those shorts and let’s see how you look", he said. "Christ, Ronnie, you look awesome, terrifying. You look 7ft tall." "Why not go the whole hog, boss?" I suggested. "Why not wear red socks? Let’s go out all in red." Shankly approved and an iconic kit was born.[36]

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Redman in wales » Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 pm wrote:We changed to red shorts in 64 but kept white trim and white liverbird and white umbro logo until 76.

:D , maybe it's just me but a bit of white trim and logo is hardly what I'd interpret as a Red and White kit mate.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 16, 2012 2:08 pm

woof woof ! » Wed May 16, 2012 12:57 pm wrote:
Redman in wales » Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 pm wrote:We changed to red shorts in 64 but kept white trim and white liverbird and white umbro logo until 76.

:D , maybe it's just me but a bit of white trim and logo is hardly what I'd interpret as a Red and White kit mate.

ah, but that's taken out of context.

The original post was talking about my dislike for the yellow text - yellow liverbird and yellow sponsor. I said that we've never had a yellow sponsor - it's always been red a white.

I would also say that we dont play in red and white now, - i wouldn't include the colour of the trim and logos in my description of our kit, I'd say we play in red. the context of my original post was talking specifically about the logos.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 pm

I read this week the replica shirt market is worth 900,000 pieces a year for LFC. I would like to know how Warrior intend to distribute the new shirts worldwide so we can all walk into our local shops at minimal inconvenience and buy one.

I would also like to be reassured that Warrior will be and are, on top of the fake shirt situation.

Thats all......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion