Liverpool new kit launch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbilly60 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Having bought every home shirt and nearly every away shirt for the last 30 odd years I have to say this new design is one of my favorites love the new badge design and think the flames and 96 on the back is a nice touch. LFC and Warrior have done a great job. Ordered it today and will be wearing it with pride.
redbilly60
LFC Basic Member

Postby zarababe » Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm

You can't please everyone - I lurve it , the 96 are honoured too on the shirt,  the club has a memorial and eternal flame at Anfield,  we don't play on the 15th... this is grt and should contiue.

The 96 are honoured always !!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Love the new kit! Warrior were very understanding and clever in their use of the flames and 96!

Things change and evolve, ie the shankly gates, moving the flames to the back, inserting the 96! It's a different design and the hillsborough disaster is still more than recognised, which it always should be!!

Let's not embarrass ourselves as a club by squabbling over consultation with justice groups etc and not contacting absolutely everyone about the design, and creating headlines for dumbass journos to create about infighting regarding the jersey etc!!

The kit is class and everyone is acknowledged!!!
ICE-MAN

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 11, 2012 9:35 pm

ICE-MAN » Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm wrote:Love the new kit! Warrior were very understanding and clever in their use of the flames and 96!

Things change and evolve, ie the shankly gates, moving the flames to the back, inserting the 96! It's a different design and the hillsborough disaster is still more than recognised, which it always should be!!

Let's not embarrass ourselves as a club by squabbling over consultation with justice groups etc and not contacting absolutely everyone about the design, and creating headlines for dumbass journos to create about infighting regarding the jersey etc!!

The kit is class and everyone is acknowledged!!!

to be fair i dont think they are unhappy with the design more the fact that they werent consulted, they probably would have said to the club the shirt looks great if they were asked.
re the kit itself the colour of the shirt is much lighter than the `wine` coloured roma style shirts that were posted up earlier in the thread and credit where it`s due i think the yank firm have done a great job, it`s one of the best kits we`ve had for donkeys years and i like the `ray clemence` green of the keepers top too. reina looks the part in it.
i think adidas got a bit lazy myself, that kit we had in the 90`s with the 3 red stripes across the shirt was awful, every club that played in red in continental europe had it and there was nothing distinctly liverpool about it. you know what scousers are like for fashion, maybe the fickle gods of fate were waiting until we had a decent kit before giving us a great side again. we`ve got the kit now give us the side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri May 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Love the new kit! Don't know what some people are on about. Never had a yellow/gold sponsor? 2002/3 champions league kit by reebok anyone? That was one of my favourite kits and wish it was the home one then. Chuffed with the kit, it's quality and loved the fact '96' is emroidered on between the flames. Spells it out what the flames are about!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat May 12, 2012 12:49 am

My least favorite of the 3 is probably the home kit, but I must say I like them all.  The home one is still pretty sweet too.  Does anybody get an Arsenal feel on the third kit?  It looks like an Arsenal kit, but for some reason I really like it, I'll definitely have to get that one.  The away one is pretty cool too, reminds me of the third kit we had 3 or so years ago.

I loved our crest, but this new one is still one of my favorites, it's what i got tatted on my chest so I guess it will match better now.  I'm not seeing the 96 and flames you guys are talking about tho?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 12, 2012 1:26 am

zarababe » Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm wrote:You can't please everyone - I lurve it , the 96 are honoured too on the shirt,  the club has a memorial and eternal flame at Anfield,  we don't play on the 15th... this is grt and should contiue.

The 96 are honoured always !!

Yeah, as pointed out. There is no disrespect being shown towards the 96, for me, and I know a lot wont appreciate this, but those against this shirt for the reasons they have portrayed are being too sensitive. The club have shown nothing but support for those who died, and rightly so, its the backbone of what makes this club great, the supporters. But those who are against the removing of the flames on the crest are showing ignorance. As long as the Hillsborough disaster is embedded in our history, the 96 will never be forgotten, and those who are kicking up the biggest fuss need to understand this.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat May 12, 2012 1:41 am

What's all the fuss about? The 96 will ALWAYS be remembered and It's still on the shirt. As for the kit It's really good miles better than adidas who generally have the same designs for every club just in different colours.IE cheatski etc also the 25million a season ain't bad
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby maltesemassive » Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 am

Roger Red Hat » Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 pm wrote:
maltesemassive » Fri May 11, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:I like the old crest logo and the kit is very simple and slightly oldschool but I don't know why the logo containing the gates and the flames has been removed. I think the traditional crest should be plastered on the back and on the sleeves but the one with the gates and flames being removed altogether is an insult! It is an important memory for the club and marks respect for all the people associated with the hillsboro disaster. That logo along with the words "you'll never walk alone" are all fitting tributes to this great club and its history. I appreciate that we must get on with our lives but never ever should this club make people forget that horrible event. I'd say it is a disgrace to remove this logo. I also don't expect many people to buy it.

the... flames... are ...  on... the... back...

we haven't insulted anyone

Those flames on its own are rubbish! That logo we had before represented everything about LFC - YNWA, the gates, the flames, LFC, and the Liver bird. Separating these symbols is pathetic because its like it is separate to LFC. Also, sticking the number 96 is silly because the Hillsboro disaster affected many people, not just the 96. I often think about those people who were traumatised and injured and suffering PTSD. The previous logo meant so much more about what the club is about. Please urgently bring it back!
maltesemassive
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 am

maltesemassive » Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 pm wrote:
maltesemassive » Fri May 11, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:I like the old crest logo and the kit is very simple and slightly oldschool but I don't know why the logo containing the gates and the flames has been removed. I think the traditional crest should be plastered on the back and on the sleeves but the one with the gates and flames being removed altogether is an insult! It is an important memory for the club and marks respect for all the people associated with the hillsboro disaster. That logo along with the words "you'll never walk alone" are all fitting tributes to this great club and its history. I appreciate that we must get on with our lives but never ever should this club make people forget that horrible event. I'd say it is a disgrace to remove this logo. I also don't expect many people to buy it.

we haven't insulted anyone

Those flames on its own are rubbish! That logo we had before represented everything about LFC - YNWA, the gates, the flames, LFC, and the Liver bird. Separating these symbols is pathetic because its like it is separate to LFC. Also, sticking the number 96 is silly because the Hillsboro disaster affected many people, not just the 96. I often think about those people who were traumatised and injured and suffering PTSD. The previous logo meant so much more about what the club is about. Please urgently bring it back!

No, wrong. Everything that represents LFC is based on attitude, respect and consideration. The materialistic approach the club have shown over the years have been a gesture. The respect will always be there, the remembrance, the memorials, and constant fight for justice. If your argument is "the logo is the symbol" then you are way off base. And if this is indeed your argument, you are disrespecting not only the club, but for what those supporters died for, and all the hard work that has been done to bring justice for those who died.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 12, 2012 2:53 am

'96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that.'

I understand the signifiance of the day and that its a very sensitive issue but for a long as I've supported Liverpool FC Hillsborough has always been a very important issue. I cannot believe the HJC came out with that, an unbelievably ignorant statement

I bet that not many people outside of Liverpool could break the old badge into its component parts and tell me what each represented, I think the gesture to put the flames and number in isolation on the new shirt is fantastic and really shows how much it matters to Liverpool. We've went back to our roots with the badge, but the memory of the 96 stays with us - that's what it says to me anyway
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby laza » Sat May 12, 2012 7:39 am

Well  anything is better then Candy days for me

I think this is great and I love the simple crest and memorial on the back looks excellent.
You always seeing the back in actions shot of football  and for me its a  far better tribute then being part of a convulted badge on the front

Only thing I would have prefer liked others is Sponsor to be in white lettering but I can live with it
Last edited by laza on Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maltesemassive » Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 am

we haven't insulted anyone[/quote]

Those flames on its own are rubbish! That logo we had before represented everything about LFC - YNWA, the gates, the flames, LFC, and the Liver bird. Separating these symbols is pathetic because its like it is separate to LFC. Also, sticking the number 96 is silly because the Hillsboro disaster affected many people, not just the 96. I often think about those people who were traumatised and injured and suffering PTSD. The previous logo meant so much more about what the club is about. Please urgently bring it back![/quote]

No, wrong. Everything that represents LFC is based on attitude, respect and consideration. The materialistic approach the club have shown over the years have been a gesture. The respect will always be there, the remembrance, the memorials, and constant fight for justice. If your argument is "the logo is the symbol" then you are way off base. And if this is indeed your argument, you are disrespecting not only the club, but for what those supporters died for, and all the hard work that has been done to bring justice for those who died.[/quote]

To be honest mate, I can live without the materialistic elements and personally don't need reminding via a logo/symbol. However, in a materialistic world that we all live in I think its important that other people who show little knowledge of LFC know about "the gates", "the eternal flames", "the Liver bird", "YNWA", etc. Those aspects are all representative elements of the club that include respect and consideration and attitude, and many other values. That's all I'm trying to get at mate. I'm not dissing anyone. You are right about those values and I tend to agree with you to a certain degree. All the logo is about is a symbol of the values you've mentioned LFC has. For many people tend to become ignorant of the values this club and its people have. I just hope such values are never lost through its fans and all associated with LFC. For me materialism is not something I value - I prefer to have LFC and its people in my heart, akin to the likes of Dalglish, Shanks, Rafa, Carragher, and Gerrard (to name a few).
maltesemassive
LFC Basic Member

Postby parchpea » Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 am

The club didnt need to include the 96 on the shirt at all but have and thats
all that should matter really.

You always have to keep in the HJC situation and no ones veering from that
however they are in danger of losing some public support if they are not
careful which would be a shame after all the work they have put in.

Its a really nice shirt that represents the past and is smart enough to wear
off the field as a casual top. You couldnt really ask for much more but like
any piece of clothing there will always be people that dont care for it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 am

laza » Sat May 12, 2012 6:39 am wrote:Well  anything is better then Candy days for me

I think this is great and I love the simple crest and memorial on the back looks excellent.
You always seeing the back in actions shot of football  and for me its a  far better tribute then being part of a convulted badge on the front

Only thing I would have prefer liked others is Sponsor to be in white lettering but I can with it

I loved the Candy kits.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion