Liverpool new kit launch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

I LOVE this kit, it looks so different to all the other kits i the league.  I think Warrior have played a blinder here!!!

Love the 96 on the back of the shirt, love the old badge and love the Red and Gold!!!  All good!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maltesemassive » Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm

I like the old crest logo and the kit is very simple and slightly oldschool but I don't know why the logo containing the gates and the flames has been removed. I think the traditional crest should be plastered on the back and on the sleeves but the one with the gates and flames being removed altogether is an insult! It is an important memory for the club and marks respect for all the people associated with the hillsboro disaster. That logo along with the words "you'll never walk alone" are all fitting tributes to this great club and its history. I appreciate that we must get on with our lives but never ever should this club make people forget that horrible event. I'd say it is a disgrace to remove this logo. I also don't expect many people to buy it.
maltesemassive
LFC Basic Member

Postby metalhead » Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm

I like it, it looks nice! retro stuff
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Fri May 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Loving the new shirt :nod
shakey

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 pm

maltesemassive » Fri May 11, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:I like the old crest logo and the kit is very simple and slightly oldschool but I don't know why the logo containing the gates and the flames has been removed. I think the traditional crest should be plastered on the back and on the sleeves but the one with the gates and flames being removed altogether is an insult! It is an important memory for the club and marks respect for all the people associated with the hillsboro disaster. That logo along with the words "you'll never walk alone" are all fitting tributes to this great club and its history. I appreciate that we must get on with our lives but never ever should this club make people forget that horrible event. I'd say it is a disgrace to remove this logo. I also don't expect many people to buy it.

the... flames... are ...  on... the... back...

we haven't insulted anyone
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Ola Mr Benitez » Fri May 11, 2012 10:50 am wrote:I LOVE this kit, it looks so different to all the other kits i the league.  I think Warrior have played a blinder here!!!

Love the 96 on the back of the shirt, love the old badge and love the Red and Gold!!!  All good!!!

I had real reservations about how our new kit would eventually look ,but I can only reiterate what you have already stated Warrior have played an
absolute blinder with this classy number .... Love it .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:15 pm

well i am very unhappy that the flames and 96 are on the back.
yes it matters hell of a lot, how many photos do you see taken of the team with all their backs turned?

put it on the front.
i may feel like this more tham some as my good friend was on of the 96, but for me its lack of respect.

end of.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 11, 2012 4:39 pm

lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:15 pm wrote:well i am very unhappy that the flames and 96 are on the back.
yes it matters hell of a lot, how many photos do you see taken of the team with all their backs turned?

put it on the front.
i may feel like this more tham some as my good friend was on of the 96, but for me its lack of respect.

end of.

Jesus Christ, Lakes; how is it showing a "lack of respect"? Explain. In fact, it's show a tremendous amount of respect for isolating the two flames and putting a '96' in between them on the shirt in the first place. How many kit makers in our past even bothered doing anything remotely like this? So what if it's on the back of the kit. It's there, isn't it? And how many pictures get taken with their backs turned? Are you serious? Lakes, come on: you're not thick, fella. Shirts sell for many reasons, but one main one is true: the name and number. From now on, whenever Gerrard or Suarez scores a cracker and you see a picture of his name and number on his back, you'll also see the two flames with the 96 between them. That's a masterstroke of design and a tremendous gesture from Warrior.

I love this kit. It's got everything about us as a club. So it doesn't have any white, but that doesn't matter. It's unique to us, plus they can always add white to mix it up later when they make a new one. Glad we ***** Adidas off with their cookie-cutter designs.

Oh, and I'm glad they had the balls to get rid of that awful, convoluted crest of ours. No more f*cking aqua green on the shirt. Yay!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:44 pm

the flames on the front are seen all the time and as a few of the members of the familes of the 96 have said they feel great when they get kissed when we get a goal.

sorry its something i feel strong about and i am not going to change my mins about the fact they should be on the from.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Im sorry Lakes but your wrong. Liverpool Fc and Warrior are doing good by putting the 96 and the flames on the shirt in the 1st place.

Its something thats close to all Liverpool fans hearts and also the club its self.

The position of it shouldnt bloody matter

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:43 pm

"HJC STATEMENT RE: LFC KIT LAUNCH

The HJC are aware of an amendment to the new 2012/13 kit, which has recently been launched. We have also noted that the Hillsborough flames and "96" will now appear on the back of the shirt, "after consultation" with family members".

We can confirm that no bereaved families of the HJC were contacted or consulted. Indeed the first we were aware of this was via the Supporters Committee Minutes of their March meeting.

Once again LFC has chosen to ignore the HJC and their families. The continued refusal of the club to acknowledge the HJC is insensitive, divisive and deplorable. 96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm

lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:43 pm wrote:"HJC STATEMENT RE: LFC KIT LAUNCH

The HJC are aware of an amendment to the new 2012/13 kit, which has recently been launched. We have also noted that the Hillsborough flames and "96" will now appear on the back of the shirt, "after consultation" with family members".

We can confirm that no bereaved families of the HJC were contacted or consulted. Indeed the first we were aware of this was via the Supporters Committee Minutes of their March meeting.

Once again LFC has chosen to ignore the HJC and their families. The continued refusal of the club to acknowledge the HJC is insensitive, divisive and deplorable. 96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that."

Whats your point

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri May 11, 2012 5:53 pm

OMG I lourvvvvvvve the new kit - IT IS AWESOME !!

An our players look GOREOUSSSSSSSS in it .. pi'ss off Addidas...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfchomekit#_= ... it&via=lfc
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:43 pm wrote:"HJC STATEMENT RE: LFC KIT LAUNCH

Whats your point

not making a point, just showing what the club said about talking to familes about the change was untrue.

"The club consulted with the HFSG committee and shared a number of alternative designs which were considered"

most that lost loved ones on that day left HFSG and moved over to HJC IN 1998
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:04 pm

The launch of the new Liverpool home kit has prompted an angry response from a number of the families of those killed in the Hillsborough disaster.

The club's home shirt for the 2012-13 season, designed by American company Warrior,  was revealed on Friday.

Fans have welcomed the design, but the decision not to consult some families over the decision to move the symbol honouring the dead, has angered many.

Liverpool's current and future badge

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign  (HJC) said the actions were "insensitive".

The new shirt sees the club's logo, which featured an image of the Shankly Gates, replaced by the original Liver Bird crest that became synonymous with Liverpool's success in the 1970s and 80s. As a result the two Justice flames honouring the Hillsborough campaign have been moved to the back of the shirt.

The decision to move the flames is not the source of frustration but the decision to only consult one Hillsborough group has sparked anger.

Liverpool did take time to meet with the seven members of the Hillsborough Family Support Group  (HFSG) committee but other groups were not consulted.

The HFSG was the first group formed after the disaster in May 1989 and provides support for many of the bereaved families. The HJC also acts for a number of the families but its priority is to fight for the truth behind the events that took place at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989

A HJC statement read: "We have noted that the Hillsborough flames and '96' will now appear on the back of the shirt 'after consultation with family members'.

"We can confirm that no bereaved families of the HJC were contacted or consulted. The first we were aware of this was via the minutes of the Supporters' Committee March meeting. Once again LFC has chosen to ignore the HJC and their families.

The back of Liverpool's new shirt

"The continued refusal of the club to acknowledge the HJC is insensitive, divisive and deplorable - 96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that."

Liverpool moved swiftly to defend their part in the process and claimed they had made every effort to deal with the issue as sensitively as possible.

A spokesman said: "The club consulted with the HFSG committee and shared a number of alternative designs which were considered.

"The committee selected a design, which includes the number 96 to recognise those who lost their lives. Nobody has more respect for the 96 and their families than this football club
Margaret Aspinall,  chair of HFSG, lost her son James, 18 at the disaster. She said: "It is difficult for everyone to be consulted all the time. I know there are a number of the bereaved families in the HJC and I can understand what they are saying."

Andy Heaton, editor of Liverpool fanzine The Anfield Wrap  , added: "Is it really that hard to consult all of the families, not some?"

The row threatens to taint the launch of the kit, which represents the start of the biggest deal of its kind in English football history.

The £25m-a-year contract with Boston-based Warrior Sports more than doubles the Anfield club's previous agreement with adidas. 

Warrior is a brand better known in the lacrosse world.

According to PR Marketing, a German market research company, Liverpool are the fourth-biggest replica kit seller in football, behind Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. About 900,000 shirts are sold annually.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion