Liverpool/leverkusen - Post match analysis

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:59 am

Iceman69 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:A strange game. If you had offered 3-1 before the game i would have bitten your hand off. 3 nil up - pure exctasy! 30 seconds later an it feels like we've lost the game!

Very intersting point mate.

I don't want to sound like "Dear Dierdre" from the sun, but you feel like we have lost cause Leverkusen look like scoring a goal or two over there.

Don't worry - Getting a bit of perspective back now! Just so frustrating to lose a goal like that when it takes you from near certain quarter finalists to hanging in the balance again.

I think we will be alright. Though i have a feeling it could be a nail-niting 2-1 or something similar.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:04 am

Yes, it would be bad if predictably, they score ove rthere in the first 5 mins or so and we are hanging on for 85 mins. thats your worst nightmare.

worst still. you could be wakng up with jo brands knickers on yer face.

now which do u prefer???

:D
Iceman69

Postby bedlovedays » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:04 am

How important is it to have confidence in your goalie?

Does anyone else suspect that a replacement for Traore is in order?

Does anyone remember baros missing at least five great chances in a game towards the end of the 2002 03 season?
tonight was no different, honestly, just sell the guy.

With morientes and cisse up there next year, mellor as a third man,,, i'd have baros out of there so fast,, said it before i'll say it again, he's gotta go,,,,,,,,and will,,,,

Biscan,, ya i was rocked a year ago for supporting him,,,
sorry mates but I think he's alright,,,,,,,,
and thank god he is eh?

A little more killer instinct and it would have been 5-0 and we'd be through,,,,

All in all though,,,, a  great game,,
bedlovedays

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:08 am

Before the game, everyone of us would have taken a 3-1 scoreline on our favour. We are still 2 goals to the good and judging by the display today, we have better quality to even get a win away. Yes, Jerzy's howler was disspaointing but the team (without Gerrard) played well and we will get through to the last 8.
Better us than the sorry gooners... :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:08 am

Don't get over excited. So far this season we have gone belly up away from home. If we lose 2-0 it's over. We did just that away to Soton and Boro. And make no mistake, this german side is FAR superior to those teams. I expect a tough game in Germany. Don't go plannin' too far ahead that's all.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:16 am

bedlovedays wrote:With morientes and cisse up there next year, mellor as a third man,,, i'd have baros out of there so fast,, said it before i'll say it again, he's gotta go,,,,,,,,and will,,,,

You have a football knowledge of a camel's hump. How you choose to ignore Baros contribution (not only in this game but in post-Owen's Liverpool) I don't know. So if Garcia missed a sitter...let's get him out. Riise had an ineffective game...get him out. For that matter, let's sell the entire team and start all over again  :angry:

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:20 am

I think think anyone will ever get too excited when there always such little rays of sunshine to keep everyone feet planted firmly on the ground regardless of the result.
What a pity we didnt lose hey, then some of people here could have really gone off FFS
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:20 am

banana wrote:Don't get over excited. So far this season we have gone belly up away from home. If we lose 2-0 it's over. We did just that away to Soton and Boro. And make no mistake, this german side is FAR superior to those teams. I expect a tough game in Germany. Don't go plannin' too far ahead that's all.

Even if they didn't have a late goal, we could still have lost 4-0 and be eliminated, is that what you are trying to imply you sorry pessimist?

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:22 am

bedlovedays wrote:Does anyone remember baros missing at least five great chances in a game towards the end of the 2002 03 season?
tonight was no different, honestly, just sell the guy.

With morientes and cisse up there next year, mellor as a third man,,, i'd have baros out of there so fast,, said it before i'll say it again, he's gotta go,,,,,,,,and will,,,,

Biscan,, ya i was rocked a year ago for supporting him,,,
sorry mates but I think he's alright,,,,,,,,
and thank god he is eh?

You for real? Sell Baros? But keep Mellor and Biscan?

Biscan played a good game tonight and not for the first time this season but lets not get carried away.

As for the strikers - milan might have missed an absolute sitter tonight plus should have done better with the curler he put over the top right corner. Can't believe you can say 'sell him'.
Mellor is a trier with a nose for goal but he is a likely first division player in the long-term and everyone seems to forget Cisse, although full of potential wasn't exactly setting the world alight prior to his injury.

Despite the misses Baros played a good game tonight. He was lively, strong on the ball, caused them problems and did it pretty much on his own.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:35 am

If we had of gone 4-0 0r 5-0 up, we could have sent the reserves over to leverkusen in 2 weeks!

Baros, has some pitfalls in his play..... Doesnt look up, has trouble finishing, etc so he aint the complete article.
Iceman69

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:45 am

Iceman69 wrote:If we had of gone 4-0 0r 5-0 up, we could have sent the reserves over to leverkusen in 2 weeks!

Baros, has some pitfalls in his play..... Doesnt look up, has trouble finishing, etc so he aint the complete article.

I'm interested to know what was your pre-game prediction?

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:49 am

At 3-0, Leverkusen were practically dead and burried. With the first leg at 3-1, they are still in with a chance and our away record deos not really give me much comfort.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:55 am

yeah, it halved what they need to do, now they just need 2 goals as opposed to 4. dudek should be taken out and shot with a ball of his own sh!t  :D

in all fairness he did make a few decent saves though
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:06 am

Typical Dudek performance. He made some great saves to keep us in it during the match, then got giddy when the game was practically over. I can understand a goalkeeper making the occasional howler, but making a howler when his team is romping to a 3-0 win in the last action of the game is scandalous. He could have thrown his cap at that ball.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:06 pm

not much quality analysis here. more like sentence making :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion