Liverpool land morientes - 1st topic :-)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pool Boy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:25 pm

If we do land Morientes, by what day and time would it have to be completed for him to eligible to play against United ?
Pool Boy

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:29 pm

PLEASE somebody explain why the hell Mikey Owen is in Madrid warming the bench and likely to be sold in the summer for 8mill?

Raul is untouchable in Real, great buddy of Perez and a future Vice President of Real...mark my word, you heard it here first!
The only way Owen could be in first XI will be for either or both to be injured, playing in an inconsequential cup game or move ahead of Ronaldo (which is near impossible unless Ronaldo moved out of Real). He should have know the score before turning his back on us.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:33 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:I think they should let Real have first option if he does decide to leave at least if he joins Real he wont be competing against us in the prem with Chelsea,the only time we would have to see him would be if we drew them in the champs league. :D  :D

By letting them have the first option, we will be limiting ourself to £30M fees instead of auctioning him off to the highest bidder. Stevie is currently worth twice the £30M worth of talent sitting on our bench or being loan out. If we were to sell him, it must be on our term and not let him do an Owen.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:35 pm

i read somewhere the other day that chelsea were preparing to offer 40m+ scott parker and joe cole in the summer. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:42 pm

stmichael wrote:i read somewhere the other day that chelsea were preparing to offer 40m+ scott parker and joe cole in the summer. ???

That`s a deal worth about half of the expences with our new stadium  :O  It would cause me many nights without a wink of sleep, and just as many dives into the medicine cabinet seeing Stevie in a Chelsea-kit  :down:
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:45 pm

stmichael wrote:i read somewhere the other day that chelsea were preparing to offer 40m+ scott parker and joe cole in the summer. ???

Where did you read that Mikey?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:58 pm

Santa wrote:By letting them have the first option, we will be limiting ourself to £30M fees instead of auctioning him off to the highest bidder. Stevie is currently worth twice the £30M worth of talent sitting on our bench or being loan out. If we were to sell him, it must be on our term and not let him do an Owen.

The first option issue has nothing to do with the concept of first option in my book. The objective of this squabble over first option is to achieve a different result.

The first option clause only works when Liverpool decides to sell Stevie Gerrard.

- Real Madrid know Liverpool will never willingly sell SG.
- Madrid, through this squabble, are letting SG know that he is a wanted man.
- Madrid hope that by alerting SG he will push for a move.
- First option becomes irrelevant because SG will want a move and is only interested in Madrid.

So, in my book, the shroud of first option very thinly veils their attempts to unsettle SG and let him know that there is a place at the Bernabeau for him if he decides to move.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:42 pm

So, in my book, the shroud of first option very thinly veils their attempts to unsettle SG and let him know that there is a place at the Bernabeau for him if he decides to move.

Was that ever in doubt? Stevie could slide into any football team you care to mention...and he knows it!
Last edited by Santa on Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:16 pm

Benitez gives Madrid a headline:

Rafael Benitez has issued an ultimatum to Real Madrid over Fernando Morientes' future as he prepares to send out his top stars in the Carling Cup semi-final.

The Liverpool boss is losing patience with Madrid over the protracted Morientes deal ahead of the first leg clash against Watford at Anfield.

Benitez believes he will still get his man, but insists that if he does not get an answer in the next couple of days he will look elsewhere for a new striker.

The Anfield supremo knows Morientes wants to join Liverpool and that the Madrid giants have had no other bids for the striker, who insists that if he is not allowed to move to Anfield he will stay at Real.

Despite Madrid attempting to drum up an auction, and demanding that part of the deal with Liverpool would involve first option should Steven Gerrard decide to leave Merseyside, Benitez is digging his heels in.

He said: “We cannot wait forever, we will wait maybe two more days before looking for another player.

“We have been linked with other players but I will only say that Nicolas Anelka and Andy Johnson are both good players.

“But it is difficult. Both players have been scoring goals for their teams and if you ask their managers they may say ‘no’. But they are good players.

“But I am sure that we can do the Morientes deal. I have a lot of confidence because he says he either wants to play for Liverpool or to stay at Madrid.

“We do not have anything new on Morientes, other than that we know he wants to come here.

“We have done the right things but we must wait for Real Madrid to decide.

“At this moment we are only talking about Morientes with Madrid, not anyone else there.

“And I can only make it clear, we do not want to sell Steven Gerrard.”

Benitez’s claim that he is only negotiating for Morientes seems to rule out suggestions that he is also interested in Real’s reserve goalkeeper Cesar.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:57 pm

Just heard from my Chauffer friend:

Morientes deal done and dusted. 
             £42k a week, £2.5m upfront, £2m over 2 years and £2m success bonuses.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:33 pm

.. who is you Chauffer then.. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:34 pm

is this real info or r u jus messin around cuz this is serious? ???? ???
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:36 pm

Redrider wrote:Just heard from my Chauffer friend:

£42k a week, £2.5m upfront, £2m over 2 years and some success bonuses.

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:42 pm

if its true info then whhoooooooo :D :D :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:44 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:
Redrider wrote:Just heard from my Chauffer friend:

£42k a week, £2.5m upfront, £2m over 2 years and some success bonuses.

:D

A.B.. what happended to your A.B  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion