Liverpool land morientes - 1st topic :-)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:41 am

??? So Morientes should be here in 48 hours so ive just heard on sky duno whats goin on ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:45 am

Nobody knows whats going on really. Apparently we will be getting Morientes and Ceaser for 6 some million pounds.

Anelka is also one of our targets, according to the papers.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:54 am

Nothing has been done yet as Spain is still on holidays but their back tomorrow so expect some news on transfers very soon :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:57 am

REAL Madrid striker Fernando Morientes has waived his rights to any pay-off from Real Madrid to complete a £6million move to Liverpool.
Morientes is expected to sign for the Merseyside giants in the next 72 hours after writing off a £1m pay-off from the Spanish giants.

The frustrated Spanish international spent last season on loan at Monaco and had made it clear to club officials that he was not prepared to tolerate a place on the bench at the Bernabeu.

Morientes was considered fourth choice behind Ronaldo, Raul and England striker Michael Owen.

He said: "In an ideal world I want to be playing first-team football. At this stage in my career I have no desire to spend most of my time watching the action from the bench."

Despite their rivalry it hasn't prevented Morientes from talking to Real team-mate Owen about the move to Anfield.

He added: "Michael has always talked fondly about his time at the club and assures me I couldn't make a better choice if I eventually end up there."

Morientes met with director of football Arrigo Sacchi on Friday and is waiting for club president Florentino Perez to return from a Christmas break in Miami this weekend so that he and his agent Gines Carvajal can negotiate the final details of his departure.

Real vice-president Emilio Butragueno spoke with keeper Cesar at the end of yesterday's training session as Liverpool have now offered Real £6.5m for him and Morientes together.

Cesar was once Real's first-choice keeper, but he got injured in the 2002 final of the Champions League and has never regained his place from Iker Casillas.

Real are also still trying to convince Liverpool to give them an option on Steven Gerrard as part of the deal.

Madrid are having a laugh by wanting Gerrard as part of the deal, who the ****** are they kidding? They might as well give us Zidane and Ronaldo then.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:33 am

AB - doesn't that not mean that Real want first refusal on Gerrard, if he came onto the market?  Not that they want him as part on the current deal.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:36 am

I guess so, didn't read it correctly at first. But either way, they're are insane.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:41 am

I would hate it to happen, SG is the anchor to the team at the moment.  However, God forbid it did happen, I think Chelsh*tty would out bid them in a straight fight - hence the idea of the first refusal.  If it did happen, however much we would be gutted, life would go on. [hopefully!!]
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:44 am

Real Madrid are just sh1t of a club. Full of stars and yet they aren't where they should be considering the players they have.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:29 am

No self respecting manager will want to manage Real Madrid now, although they might be Rafa's dream club to manage, but with all the interference, players power etc. it is just next to impossible to do a proper job. 3 managers before the season is half-way through said it all...

As I meantioned last week, El Moro is definately heading our way, I believe it is just personal terms etc that need to be tied up. Hope to hear some positive new re: Aimar in the coming days.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:06 am

Santa, I hope you're right.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:24 am

Me too :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:24 am

Watched the Madrid game last night PLEASE somebody explain why the hell Mikey Owen is in Madrid warming the bench and likely to be sold in the summer for 8mill? As for Mori how can they expect him to stay when he is constantly on the bench,I heard Gerry Armstrong say he could well be at LFC within Days and that's the word on the street he also said he is a world class finisher but yet Raul is always in the team even when he playing badly for ages cos he's the "Darling" of Madrid.

Madrid are stuburn we scratch madrids back but they don't want to return the compliment :angry:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:38 am

MR I didnt see the game but I read that he threw his top to the crowd and waved adios and was huggin an kissin his team mates is this true? ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:40 am

apparently at the end of the 7 minute replay the other night, in which he played, he threw his shirt and his boots into the crowd. someone posted it recently... somewhere....

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:20 pm

I think they should let Real have first option if he does decide to leave at least if he joins Real he wont be competing against us in the prem with Chelsea,the only time we would have to see him would be if we drew them in the champs league. :D  :D
SALTROCK67

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion