Liverpool land morientes - 1st topic :-)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:03 pm

Matt*Lfc wrote:Source

Matt what the f@ck are you doing posting ****** like that on this forum.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:18 pm

So, anyone has any news regarding Aimar? ??????
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:30 pm

I think Aimar is out of the picture.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:34 pm

That would be really disappointing because if Aimar came, we have one of the best midfield in the world....:(
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Matt*Lfc » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:37 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Matt*Lfc wrote:Source

Matt what the f@ck are you doing posting ****** like that on this forum.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Leon I saw some info on our club so I thought I would post it on this forum just in case people wanted to know what was being said ....now if you dont like what I post can you please refrain from replying with that type of garbage post  ...i mean what is the point .

From what I see when people reply with Immature cack like that,all it does is make them wanna go to a better forum  :oh:
Matt*Lfc

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:48 am

Matt... this news was on the teletext service and now Sky Sports is also reporting that a deal worth £7m for Morientes ioncludes Real's reserve goalkeeper Cesar... looks promising .. :)

BTW ignore Leone.. it's probably the time of the month for him ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt*Lfc » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:04 am

yeah fingers crossed aye lol

I guess if we are getting cesar then the cudicini deal  is a non starter then

what do you reckon ?
Matt*Lfc

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:07 am

7 million for Morientes and Cesar, I'd say its a good deal if it's true.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alanay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:15 am

At last, something to look forward to. Hopefully, he will not get injured on the first training session.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:18 am

:( lets look forward and not temp fate by saying things like that Alan..ay :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:22 am

Liverpool land £6m Morientes
by SIMON CASS and COLIN WOOD, Daily Mail

13:39pm 8th January 2005
Liverpool have finally agreed a £6million fee with Real Madrid for Spain striker Fernando Morientes.
The protracted transfer could be completed this weekend after Liverpool were forced to go beyond the £5m limit they had set to land their top target.

Morientes, 28, had wanted to link up with former Valencia coach Rafael Benitez at Anfield after having failed to secure a single start with Real in this season's Spanish league. Benitez was determined to bolster his strike force in the transfer window after losing summer signing

Djibril Cisse for the rest of the season with a broken leg.

Coincidentally, it was the arrival of former Anfield hero Michael Owen at the Bernabeu which saw Morientes, last season's Champions League top scorer while on loan at Monaco, starved of opportunities.

Real had been hoping to secure first option on any move for Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard as part of the Morientes deal but Anfield chief executive Rick Parry ruled that out, even though he had to go beyond his initial budget.

Liverpool, whose FA Cup thirdround tie at Burnley was called off last night because of a waterlogged pitch, will initially pay £4.5m, with a further £1.5m to follow over the next two years.

Benitez is also talking to Real about their reserve goalkeeper Cesar. Chris Kirkland is out for three months after back surgery and Benitez wants to take Cesar, 32, on loan for the rest of the season.

The Morientes move rules out a possible bolt-hole for Nicolas Anelka, whose Manchester City career appears to be over after manager Kevin Keegan finally lost patience with the temperamental striker. Keegan is angry that the sullen Frenchman refused to make himself available for Tuesday's 1-1 draw against Arsenal. He has now admitted he would sell Anelka, 25, if the club receive the right bid.

The City boss said: "I need everybody fit at the moment and against Arsenal I put players on the field who were not 100 per cent fit.

"Nicolas did not even feel he could take a fitness test. I was a bit disappointed with that. Now he is not fit for this match.

"I don't think there's any doubt that, if somebody makes a good bid for Nicolas, then we would sell him. We would then use the money to strengthen other parts of the team.

"But he has more than two years left on his contract. As long as people don't think they can steal him then everything will be OK."

Burnley chief executive Dave Edmundson claimed referee Mark Clattenburg's late decision to call off last night's game against Liverpool could cost them £200,000.

The tie will be played on Tuesday week and Edmundson said: "If the rearranged game is not on TV, it will cost us £150,000. Various other costs could make it up to £200,000."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:31 am

yes, slowly the other news sites are reporting the morientas & cesar signing.....it looks a done deal (but like always will only believe it when i see them posing in our jersey).

This signing has a few implications :

1)Forget about anelka (rafa might not have enuff cash or is looking to improve other aspects of the team).
2)Kirkland to go
3)If Kirkland goes, Aimar might come in.

Anyone know how good is this cesar ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:33 am

Cesar was very good until he got injured and well he wasn't number one anymore obiviously. He's an experienced keeper,proven keeper, good enough for me.

only believe it when i see them posing in our jersey

Only believe it when its on LFC.tv
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:39 am

well at least i can sleep well now. I would say 70% we have signed morientas...... This way i don't have to sit thru another kewell & garcia strike force  :D .

i also know i am being greedy given that rafa will have signed 7 players this season (alonso, garcia, josemi, nunez, pellegrino and moreintas/cesar-if it goes through) but hopes he ends the transfer window by singing aimar too  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:03 am

Aimar speculation has ended as it's not going to happen. Aimara costs too much.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion