Liverpool land morientes - 1st topic :-)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:58 am

.. the issue appears to be about Real Madrid themselves.. authorising the deal .. given Morientes wants to play for us.. they will have to give in .. or let him go on a free in the summer.. I think it will happen.. Benitez is firing a warning that there are other options available...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:00 am

real would have to be thick not to let morientes go. they clearly dont have a place for him and the only motive the manager has for not selling him is cos we are "the enemy."
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:22 am

Real Madrid are full of sh!t. They said that they weren't interested in Owen but they bought him. They said that they weren't interested in Beckham either but look what happened. They are milking it, by that I mean is that they want to see if any other club will offer more but the thing is, MORIENTES WANTS TO PLAY FOR US , ffs.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:10 am

League Cup: Liverpool boss Benitez issues Morientes warning

LONDON (AFP) - Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez said Monday he was unwilling to let the protracted talks with Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes over a possible transfer to Anfield drag on much longer.
Benitez's patience with Real is wearing thin after the English Premiership reportedly made a bid of £6 million for the forward.

And if a speedy resolution is not forthcoming, Benitez said he would turn his attentions to Manchester City's Nicolas Anelka or Crystal Palace's in-form Andrew Johnson in a bid to boost his forward options during the January transfer window.

Spanish boss Benitez has been frustrated by Real's attempts to create an auction for Morientes while trying to lure Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard away from Anfield as part of any proposed deal.

In the meantime Benitez must make sure his current squad are fully focused on Tuesday's League Cup semi-final first leg tie at home to Championship side Watford.

But reflecting on the Morientes situation he stressed: "We cannot wait forever, we will wait maybe two more days before looking for another player.

"We have been linked with other players but I will only say that Nicolas Anelka and Andy Johnson are both good players.

"But it is difficult. Both players have been scoring goals for their teams and if you ask their managers they may say 'no'. But they are good players.

"But I am sure that we can do the Morientes deal. I have a lot of confidence because he says he either wants to play for Liverpool or to stay at Madrid.

"We do not have anything new on Morientes, other than that we know he wants to come here," the former Valencia manager added.

"We have done the right things but we must wait for Real Madrid to decide. At this moment we are only talking about Morientes with Madrid, not anyone else there.

"And I can only make it clear, we do not want to sell Steven Gerrard."

Monday saw Benitez officially unveil his latest signing, 33-year-old centre back Mauricio Pellegrino from Valencia but he ruled the Argentinian out of the Watford tie.

He is set to field an experienced ream against the Hornets especially as winning the League Cup offers the early season reassurance of a European place next term, something Liverpool could well be in need of if they miss out on one of the four Champions League spots available to the leading Premiership quartet.

Benitez will have Milan Baros back from a hamstring injury and will also field captain Gerrard, who would have been rested on Friday had the FA Cup third round game at Burnley gone ahead instead of being abadoned before kick-off because of a waterlogged pitch.

"Pellegrino could play against Watford, but he has only had one training session so it is better to wait and hopefully use him against Manchester United on Saturday," Benitez said.

"We know we are also in the semi-final of the Carling (League) Cup and it is important to put out a strong side that can win and get us to the final.

"And there is a trophy at stake here, which we want to win.

"We have used the young players and they have done very well, but without playing at Burnley on Friday in the FA Cup we now know we have two games this week and there is time between them for the senior players to recover.

"If we'd played at Burnley perhaps the side against Watford would be different.

"But our players have had the chance to rest so that means we can now use our senior men against Watford."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:17 am

Real are trying mind games about SG to be honest. Think about it , they are basicly saying  without having to "tap him up" that they want to buy him,  so they are asking for first refusal  as part of the  deal for Morientes, they know they wont get it but they have made SG aware  they want him.

Thing is tho , even in this fickle world of mordern football i honestly couldnt see SG wanting to go there .
Owen goes there  and gets  to park his @rse on the bench and then moved on  like a commodity ,this is how Real work .

Now maybe im looking at this in rose tinted glasses   but if SG truly wanted to leave he would of left in the summer for Chelski  where he would of been on 120,000 a week and a manager that he knows will be there for a long time .
Real have had 3 managers in 6 months  and its like a circus there .
If they dont  allow the deal to go thru after the loyal service that Morientes has given them , i really feel he will think 
"well f.uck you  ive done everthing you asked and you do this, ill wait for a Bosman and go where i want  and you f.ucks wont get f.uck all "...... i could honestly see that happening
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby tel » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:46 am

Nothing gives me more pleasure than watching Real Madrid go through 4 coaches in one year. And winning nothing last year.

They deserve to suffer. They are ruining the game.

Friggn thiefs are a bankrupt club if not for the Madrid council's dodgy dealings to "buy" the stadium from the club as an excuse to give them hundreds of millions of euros to buy players.

LMAO@over aged galacticos struggling to keep up with the pace of the modern game

They're nothing without Ronaldo.

Good on you Rafa for not bending. Let them keep Morientes and put up with his moaning for another 18 months.

I'd love to have the player, but Madrid need to learn a lesson. And Rafa is experienced at giving them. 2 La Ligas in 3 years.
tel

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:23 pm

Anymore news on Mori? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:14 pm

Rafa says we will sign him in a matter of hours.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:16 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:Rafa says we will sign him in a matter of hours.

Where did y'hear that?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:17 pm

LFC.tv, look at the latest headlines.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:23 pm

the latest i heard is rafa is issuing "morientas warning".....

Have to say i am with rafa on this one...if real wants to be a b1tch who plays hard to get, they can keep morientas. There is always anelka....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:23 pm

Still far from a done deal I think

(from LFC TV):
He [Rafa] said: "We don't want to sell Steven Gerrard so that's it. There can be no option because we don't want to sell him.

"I am confident the deal will be done in the next few days, even hours, because Morientes wants to come here.

"Madrid say they have had two or three offers and want to study them all before speaking to the player. But other clubs can offer more if they want, Morientes wants to come here."
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:31 pm

I am confident the deal will be done in the next few days, even hours, because Morientes wants to come here.

:D
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:34 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:I am confident the deal will be done in the next few days, even hours, because Morientes wants to come here.

:D

Parry is begging for real to reduce the price  ???

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Parry reveals status of Liverpool transfer

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry says he remains "hopeful" of landing Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes but insists that no deal has as yet been agreed.

KopTalk understands that the transfer fee and a first option request on Steven Gerrard are causing problems. Liverpool believe Morientes is overpriced and Real are reluctant to lower the fee unless the Reds cave in to their first option demands on the skipper.

Parry said: "We remain hopeful of bringing the deal to a conclusion. Further talks took place over the weekend but we are still some way off reaching an agreement."

Our source at Real Madrid believes that a deal will eventually be struck. He hints that Liverpool are struggling to finance a deal and that this is the real reason why the deal has been held up.

He said: "Rick Parry has been on the phone every day for two weeks pleading with us to lower the transfer fee. Because the fee is higher than Liverpool expected, they may have to mortgage it."

Asked what the situation with the first option was, the source added: "Perez would love to sign Steven Gerrard but he knows Chelsea could scupper any move in the summer. We can finance a move for Steven Gerrard but anything that helps us compete against our rivals has to be considered."

Reports in the local media suggest that Liverpool will end their interest within a couple of days if a fee can not be agreed.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:35 pm

:glare: yer them bleedin 48 hours have now run well into 72 grrrrrrrr :angry:  :D
On friday it said on teletxt superstar mori seen drinkin coffee in John Lennon, an he played at Madrid the other night, so much for rumours hey pffffffffffffffffft, god help the poor b@stard that rang that number 1.50 a min was probably on the fone an hour :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion