Liverpool land argentine full back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby weringo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 pm

From BBC sport

Liverpool have completed the signing of 17-year-old Argentine defender Emiliano Insua from Boca Juniors.

The transfer for the full-back, a member of Argentina Under-20 squad, is subject to international clearance.

At Anfield Insua will link up with Argentine Under-20 teammate like Gabriel Paletta, who joined Liverpool from Banfield in the summer.

Insua's purchase is part of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez's plan to sign a group of elite youngsters.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby coddy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Good Choice by Rafa, He has some faith in the South Americans, which i do like.

Hopefully a good prospect in years to come. Rafa knows his players, so he should already be to his liking!

Welcome To Anfield Emiliano!
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:21 pm

apparently he turned down the mancs and the chavs aswell. i like him already. :D

lets just hope that when a journalist asks him what does he think of the kop and its traditions he doesnt grin and nod enthusiastically and start saying "easeh easeh" and clapping like a :censored: seal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:28 pm

stmichael wrote:apparently he turned down the mancs and the chavs aswell. i like him already. :D

lets just hope that when a journalist asks him what does he think of the kop and its traditions he doesnt grin and nod enthusiastically and start saying "easeh easeh" and clapping like a :censored: seal.

On the other hand lets hope it's not like when we beat off the likes of Milan and Barca to land Igor.

Fook me, Houllier WAS the king of spin, never mind that Alastair Campbell bloke!!

Definitely building for the future, with a bit of luck we'll have a new Dynasty that'll be able to build up a 'Bastion of invincibility' to borrow a phrase form the great man himself, in a few years time.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:35 pm

Thought id add this bit

"Emiliano is a member of the Argentina Under-20 squad and is said to be good enough that he might actually be pushing for a first team place before the end of this season"

Not sure what to make of him until we see him really. But nice to see Rafa continuing to pursue youngsters. Its only a matter of time before one of his young buys breaks into the first team.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:36 pm

sounds good to me! hopefuly a bright future with the amount of yougsters were bringing! i bet he ends up saying he supported liverpool as a kid! are new players always do
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby curly_whirly » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:48 am

I'm pleased that rafa is buying young talented players, and south american players are some of hte most exciting players in the world to watch however it does concern me for a number of reasons.

Firstly how many full backs do we need? granted that it doesn't state which side (left or right) so i could be jumping the gun a bit, however if its another left back - what the :censored: is he doing buying him? we've got 3 as it is and one of them is already south american and itsn't exactly exciting us at the mo. If is a right back then thank god for that, we need cover for finnan.
Secondly how many south americans have we seen in the prem that just can't cope and are not performing...far too many. Just look at tevez and masc have not really sparkled and nor has aurelio really...more of how to give the ball away!
Thirdly, lets face it, are they goin to break into the first team...highly unlikely before they have to get their work permits renewed and then we will have to sell them...most we will have to send them on loan so they can get the permits back, however the smaller clubs won't be able to pay the players wages in full...so money is going out when we could be spending it slightly better??

Even though i bitching quiet a bit here...i still think rafa has been great with his purchases and i know he knows what he is doing as he is a great manager, the best we have had in years, so i can't fault the buy...however these things do concern me from time to time!
- Curls -

*Hail Rafa - Long May He Continue!!*

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:55 am

so is this permanent now?  last week the Echo reported a 'loan' move with the possibility at the end of the season for a concrete move...... ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:12 am

curly_whirly wrote:I'm pleased that rafa is buying young talented players, and south american players are some of hte most exciting players in the world to watch however it does concern me for a number of reasons.

Firstly how many full backs do we need? granted that it doesn't state which side (left or right) so i could be jumping the gun a bit, however if its another left back - what the :censored: is he doing buying him? we've got 3 as it is and one of them is already south american and itsn't exactly exciting us at the mo. If is a right back then thank god for that, we need cover for finnan.
Secondly how many south americans have we seen in the prem that just can't cope and are not performing...far too many. Just look at tevez and masc have not really sparkled and nor has aurelio really...more of how to give the ball away!
Thirdly, lets face it, are they goin to break into the first team...highly unlikely before they have to get their work permits renewed and then we will have to sell them...most we will have to send them on loan so they can get the permits back, however the smaller clubs won't be able to pay the players wages in full...so money is going out when we could be spending it slightly better??

Even though i bitching quiet a bit here...i still think rafa has been great with his purchases and i know he knows what he is doing as he is a great manager, the best we have had in years, so i can't fault the buy...however these things do concern me from time to time!

He is a leftback, mate.

To answer your question about "Why do we need another...":

Rafa's idea is to buy as many top young players as possible BEFORE the likes of Sh*tski and the scum even know they exist. (As they would batter us in a bidding war.)

Riise and Aurelio are more wingbacks than actual leftbacks, and both are mid-twenties. (26 and 27 respectively.)

I think it is widely acknowledged that Riise - despite being a very likable player - is never going to be the answer at leftback. He just isn't good enough.

I still believe Aurelio will come good, and IF he can adapt, he will be a much better option than Riise. (Still will never be the leftback we crave, however. More a versatile left-sided player, who would excell at left-wingback. (same with Riise).)

That leaves Warnock as our only true leftback, and he has had his best spells at left midfield, if I'm not mistaken. (Coventry's player of the season playing at LM.
For me, he will NEVER be good enough for LFC, and his injury record is shocking.

So - we do have 3 OPTIONS at leftback, but not one who you would actually call a TOP leftback.

Now we have a prospect that has the potential to be one of the best around.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crossy11 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Rafa must see something in this new player. Is it because he is young? Is it because he's a quality full back who can get into Rafa's starting 11? Could be both! We'll have to see. He sounds to be good and is a good replacement if any of the 2 full backs get injured
crossy11

Postby kop11 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:17 pm

rafa has brought him in because he is building fo the future! i said he is trying to build a team of ellite youngsters!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby JC_81 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:27 pm

Whether or not this kid is any good only time will tell.  And frankly whether he makes it or not is only a part of the bigger picture here.

Clearly what Benitez is trying to do is get a strong foothold in the South American market which he sees as being neglected by English clubs in general.  The more players from that part of the world we attract (Gonzalez, Paletta, Aurelio etc), the more of a reputation LFC will have over there and then when a genuine class act comes along, he'll be more likely to sign for us with our South American connections than he will for the likes of Chelsea or United.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:30 pm

TH DEAL IS an 18 month loan,then the option to buy in june
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:51 pm

red37 wrote:so is this permanent now?  last week the Echo reported a 'loan' move with the possibility at the end of the season for a concrete move...... ???

It's an 18 month contract mate.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 am

peterc1992 wrote:TH DEAL IS an 18 month loan,then the option to buy in june

According to ITV Peters correct its an 18months loan deal with an option to buy.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion