Liverpool kit from 2006 - Bye bye reebok

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:25 pm

Well I thought that this would deserve a thread of it's own as I have now had it confirmed straight from the horses mouth that from July 2006 the liverpool football kit WILL be manufactured by ADIDAS.

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email.

As reported in UK Newspapers, we can confirm that Adidas will manufacturer our kits for the 2006-07 Season; this will come into force from July 2006. 

At this stage we have no further details but as soon as we do they will be publicised on: www.liverpoolfc.tv.

If you require further information, please reply to this message and we will be pleased to assist. Please include the original emails with your reply.

Kind Regards,

Michael
Help Desk and Project Co-ordinator
Liverpoolfc.tv

This has really p1ssed me off as i have just payed £55 quid for the new european shirt with name, numbers and patches on the understanding that it was going to have a shelf life of two years.
I know there has been some form of discussion over the rumours on here recently but I'd like to see what everybody now feels about the subject now that it has been confirmed.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:35 pm

They usually make good designed shirts

Ive bought the European shirt too
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:35 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Well I thought that this would deserve a thread of it's own as I have now had it confirmed straight from the horses mouth that from July 2006 the liverpool football kit WILL be manufactured by ADIDAS.

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email.

As reported in UK Newspapers, we can confirm that Adidas will manufacturer our kits for the 2006-07 Season; this will come into force from July 2006. 

At this stage we have no further details but as soon as we do they will be publicised on: www.liverpoolfc.tv.

If you require further information, please reply to this message and we will be pleased to assist. Please include the original emails with your reply.

Kind Regards,

Michael
Help Desk and Project Co-ordinator
Liverpoolfc.tv

This has really p1ssed me off as i have just payed £55 quid for the new european shirt with name, numbers and patches on the understanding that it was going to have a shelf life of two years.
I know there has been some form of discussion over the rumours on here recently but I'd like to see what everybody now feels about the subject now that it has been confirmed.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

nice one  cheers rushie#9    :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:40 pm

Excellent news. Well so far oive only bought the Euro shirt this season. I dont think ill be getting the away one now. LOL. Good news indeed
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:42 pm

How much is this new deal worth,anyone got any details ???
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:45 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:This has really p1ssed me off as i have just payed £55 quid for the new european shirt with name, numbers and patches on the understanding that it was going to have a shelf life of two years.

I agree with you.They shouldnt have brought out a new kit that will only have a shelf life of six months.You should ask them for your money back.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:47 pm

yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!! adidas continue to make the best football tops and blow reebok away,we haven't  had a decent one since the v- neck adidas top of the 1995-1996 season which was our last adidas designed one,the tops adidas have made the last few years for madrid bayern and milan have been excellent.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:50 pm

I hope it's not based on the Spanish model. In pic it seemed nice, And I do like that retro look with the narrow lines , but the part of the lines is like a "patch" over the actual tshirt and I really dislike the looks of it

Image In this pic the "patch" can only barely be seen (see the yellow line surrounding it) but when closing in, it's really ugly, for my taste.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:08 pm

Just give us a red jersey like the 1978 european cup one.  That would do me.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:13 pm

mighty mo wrote:yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!! adidas continue to make the best football tops and blow reebok away,we haven't  had a decent one since the v- neck adidas top of the 1995-1996 season which was our last adidas designed one,the tops adidas have made the last few years for madrid bayern and milan have been excellent.

You've gotta be kidding mighty mo - this has to be one of the worst red shirts that we've ever had. The size of the collar has really gotta be questioned I mean you could see the feckin' thing from the international space station with the naked eye. Yes adidas have made some nice shirts for us in the past and they are making nice shirts now for some teams but don't forget these are the people that even though we'd never had green in any of our kits before they just suddenly decided that it should be our away kit colour for the best part of 6 years. I for one am waiting with a little apprehension to see what their first LFC kit looks like.
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:17 pm

any chance of posting the email address matey or PM'ing me with the details as id like to put a few things to them? cheers
gary106

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:20 pm

I think Carlsberg had something to do with the green kits.I liked them though.I could wear the same shirt to Anfield and Lansdowne road. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:38 pm

For those of you that want to contact the club yourself regarding this here is the e-mail address that they have told me to reply to if I have any other queries regarding this subject

customercontact@liverpoolfc.tv

If anyone gets anymore news out of them on this subject or regarding why they've released a shirt as 05-07 then please either post it here or PM me.

Good Luck
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:00 am

Excellent.

Manhattan is pleased.
  :alien:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:42 am

I'm just glad I know now rather than much later. I was considering getting the European kit but I'll hold off now.

Although it may take a few tries to get it right. So I guess I'll have to be happy with last seasons "Baros" shirt.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion