Liverpool enquire about new "pele" - First refusal on robinho?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:10 pm

he likes to dive alot and things his the new thing to pele i would stick with buying from england sctoland like in the old days than clogging up our team with forgeiners out national team will suffer if we dnt. in the top 5 team the number 1 goal keeper aint english
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:12 pm

Well i certainly wouldn't buy from scotland :D  :p
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:17 pm

not out the moment but there use to alot of player comin to england from scotland,wales and paarticually the smaller clubs like scunthorpe. now its forgeiner players clogging up our team and its damning our national team :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:34 pm

azriahmad wrote:I don't know if any of you agree with me on this, but it seem that Brazillian offensive players had never enjoyed a lasting success over several seasons in the English game. i think the English game is too physical for them. Mirandinha was a moderate success at Newcastle only in the first season.

Juninho has been an exception, because he is not an out-and-out striker but a central midfielder with good ball skills, but he is not really a big success. The 2 real successes are Gilberto Silva (Arsenal paid only 5 million for him and he is perhaps the best defensive midfielder to have come out from South America in my opinion, better than Dunga as he can positively contribute to attack also unlike Dunga) and to a lesser extent, Edu. I say "lesser extent" because I have seen Gilberto Silva play much more than Edu and he does take a back seat and just sit back when Viera plays alongside him but recently, without Viera, he has been more involved in the attack and scored a couple.

What an underrated player, goes about doing a very "un-Brazillian" job consistently without much fuss.

because of this, I am inclined to agree with JBG that it is very unlikely. To buy a young striker at such a high price when they are very likely to struggle to adapt to the culture, the cold weather, the high tempo game and the very physical defenders is a bit too much of a risk. I don't think the fragile Ronaldo or Ronaldinho will be able to adapt well enough to the EPL.

That is true. All Brazilian players mostly play in Span and Italy.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:51 am

Yes, A.B., that is because the general tempo of the game there is slower whereas in England, Denmark, Norway and Holland, the game is much higher tempo and very physical especially in England. You generally find that the players from Denmark, Norway and Holland being able to adapr better to the EPL than other foreign players. Futhermore, the weather can get cooler and they don't adapt well as compared to Spain - I think the language is another thing.

These are some of the reasons I am quite amazed at the success of Gilberto Silva at Arsenal. Perhaps this Robinho is a great talent but is he suitable for Liverpool? Will Benithez spend this much on a player knowing how risky it is? I think the answer to both is the same - "No".
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:02 pm

wasn't our hero Igor Biscan meant to be the croatian Ryan Giggs? ???? ????
Jari's mullet

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:04 pm

The Coratian Ryan Giggs? Is it not the Croatian Patrick Viera? Or is it just the Croatian court jester...?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion