Liverpool denied permit for leto

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:51 pm

Liverpool's Argentine midfielder Sebastian Leto has been denied a work permit to play in England next season.

The 21-year-old, who joined the Reds from Lanus for a fee of around £2m in 2007, was granted an Italian passport last summer but it was later revoked.

That left Leto needing a work permit but Liverpool's application was refused by the Department of Work and Pensions.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will now look to loan out Leto and claims up to 10 European clubs want to sign him.

Benitez says he expected Leto to be given a permit and feels the decision is unfair.

"I am disappointed and it was a surprise because this is a player who has played in the Champions League and been in the Argentina squad for the Olympic Games," Benitez told Liverpool's website.

"You have managers talking about how good he is, so I think the system needs to change.

"Now we have to look for a solution, maybe find a team for him on loan, but we have maybe eight or 10 teams in Spain, Italy and Greece asking about him.

"When you have eight or 10 teams asking about a player and he's not playing, it means that he is good."

Benitez remains confident that Leto still has a future at Anfield, however, adding: "He has a long contract, and I think he can impress and next year will be a different situation."

Leto played four times for Liverpool last season in the Champions League and Carling Cup but is yet to make his Premier League debut for the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7540678.stm

Can't help feeling the mancs would have no problem getting a work permit because of who they are
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:56 pm

That left Leto needing a work permit but Liverpool's application was refused by the Department of Work and Pensions.

i bet if he was of asian/muslim/polish/iraq or Iran origin he'd be given the permit and a place to live on full benefits too.

fking country is twisted.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Does seem a bit harsh but to be honest i dont think he is anywhere near good enough anyway.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

"I am disappointed and it was a surprise because this is a player who has played in the Champions League and been in the Argentina squad for the Olympic Games,"

The guys of the government taking decissions must like football and must support some team that aren't Liverpool.

Because quite frankly, I don't know what else you need in your curriculum vitae when it comes to a footballer in order a request to work is accepted:

* He played the Champions League
* He plays in the Olympic games
* He plays for one of the top teams in the United Kingdom.

Shocking.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 pm

In some ways thats good news cause the guy is nowhere near good enough for the prem .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Yeah I am relieved tbh. He is :censored: :censored:. There must be a LFC supporter somewhere in dept of work and pensions.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 pm

I don't know why rafa rate him.

He isn't good enough Im afraid, he is making the same mistake with gonzalez.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:39 pm

How can you have a freshly issued passport revoked unless it was a fraudulent application? If so, thats probably why he was rejected.

Looks like there´s more to this than meets the eye but seems strange he is rejected here but can get a permit elsewhere in europe. So much for consistency across the glorious EU........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Lee J wrote:

i bet if he was of asian/muslim/polish/iraq or Iran origin he'd be given the permit and a place to live on full benefits too.

yeah right.  Get real
puroresu

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Lee J wrote:

Not if my girl friend has any thing to do with it.  :D

Wink Wink Nod Nod

She works for the goverment for that sort of thing they really try to keep most out its the UN's fault really.  :p
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:41 pm

why doesn't he just marry some stupid local bint?

job sorted.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:01 pm

stmichael wrote:why doesn't he just marry some stupid local bint?

job sorted.  :D

Who phil neville ?  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 pm

:laugh: at leg barnes post

I think this ruling as to change and rafa has the right to be angry , pity it was just when he was starting to show some promise and could have made a couple of FA and league cup appearances next season . Loan would do him good as he would regular football
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Lee J wrote:

i have to agree with lee here.

if the dept of work and pensions, deny him a permit to work, cause he aint played much, then thats ludicrous, as the spongers from overseas, dont do fu'ck all and get all sorts of permits etc, and benefits, house, car, phone and free health care etc etc etc etc etc

the list goes on

at least the lad has a recognised job, and he's penalised for it

Fu*king government  :angry:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:28 pm

Never seen judge so serious :p , but you have a fair point
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion