Liverpool complete signing of 15-year-old spanish - Jesus joaquin fernandez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:20 pm

you simplified it yourself with your first statement way back mick when you suggested the minute we started signing these johnny foriegners it all went wrong - where as before that with all the talent we produced we still didnt win the league when we were bring through those local lads .

Who says techincal ability is the be all and end all but its very big part of the make up of the modern footballer with coaches all around the world at every big club getting these players playing the right way techincally .

If the coaches dont concentrate on the technical ability what should they concentrate on ?
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:26 pm

GYBS wrote:you simplified it yourself with your first statement way back mick when you suggested the minute we started signing these johnny foriegners it all went wrong - where as before that with all the talent we produced we still didnt win the league when we were bring through those local lads .

Who says techincal ability is the be all and end all but its very big part of the make up of the modern footballer with coaches all around the world at every big club getting these players playing the right way techincally .

I give up. Yes I said the moment we started to sign foreign players it all went wrong. I never mentioned at all that at the same time we stopped using our energy trying to sign the best British players. I never mentioned that if Spearing is the best of our bunch of home grown players we clearly aren't getting the best ones. I never mentioned Micah Richards, I never mentioned Johnny Evans, and I never mentioned Wayne Rooney. Infact, all those previous posts weren't there five minutes ago, I just edited it and put them in to make myself look balanced. Equally, I simply don't like foreigners and I deleted it where I said that was the case.

I never offered up an alternative to scouring the World for 15 year old kids, and all along I simply wanted to slag off Rafa, who I now freely admit is the best Liverpool manager in the history of mankind. The youth system has massively improved as well from the dark days of years gone by when we never really produced any players.

Hope that clears it all up, and I can only apologise.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Im sorry mick but your making lots of assumptions - your assuming that we stopped using our energy to sign the best british players im pretty sure we are scouting England Scotland Wales and Ireland (hence why we tried to get that scottish kids last season and why we have just got a 15 year old kid from rushden as well as hobbs,anderson,martin etc)

So a couple of clubs have picked up on some decent footballers and there is Rooney who we never ever had a chance of signing .

YOUR the one that keeps bringing up this salgging of Rafa and not once as someone accused you of such a thing so maybe just drop that for a minute. No one has said that our youth system is working perfectly but we have all suggested that we cant focus on british players because when it comes down to it overall bar the odd special exception the British players just arent that good .

yes we produced Fowler,Gerrard,Owen and Macca but i will ask again how many titles did we win with them ?

You have suggested looking closer to home at the Irish scottish etc but the stark reality of it is they just arent good enough bar the odd couple . and when they do start showing a little bit of promise there value goes through the roof .

Its the way of the prem and the football world - all clubs scour the whole world looking for the next best thing from south america to produce another messi or from spain to get a new xavi or from france for a new zidane or from england for the next gerrard , some work out a lot dont both english/british lads and the johnny foriegners.

Rafa wants his academy to work better and for their to be better communication to give these lads a better chance of making - it was fractured before but rafa wants it mended and now he has more of a hand into the youth we may well start seeing results - lets not forget it took Taggert 10 odd years to get the nevilles and beckhams and wenger as well ten years to bring the fabregases through . Unfortunatly these things take time to flourish .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:45 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:49 pm

As I say, I give up :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Forget it mick - sometimes when you accuse people of stuff you need to take a long hard look in the mirror at yourself .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Least you got the last word in then  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 pm

bigmick wrote:As I say, I give up :D

I didn't even bother reading all the shit he posted because I gave up ages ago.  :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Is it inconceivable that there are just not as many good players close to home as there was 10 years ago? They are so rare now that when they do begin to come of age, assuming they are not already in the hands of a big 4 club their price sky rockets leaving us out of the equation. At the end of the day I am sure Rafa would like homegrown players but the fact is he has given plenty a chance and they have not turned out good enough.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:03 pm

GYBS wrote:yes we produced Fowler,Gerrard,Owen and Macca but i will ask again how many titles did we win with them ?

You love this "but I will ask again" stuff. The reason I didn't answer the question before is not that it's such a humdinger that I simply can't think of the answer, it's because the question is nonsensical.

Are you saying that as we didn't "win any titles with them" that Owen, Gerrard, Fowler, macca and the rest weren't good players?  Surely, the reason we didn't win the title THIS season isn't because although Gerrard and Carragher are quite good, ultimately they aren't good enough?

Lots of reasons go towards whether or not you "win titles", and I think to base whether or not you do on how good these particular players either are or were, is plumbing new depths of banality (if there is such a word, and if there isn't there should be).
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:04 pm

bavlondon wrote:Is it inconceivable that there are just not as many good players close to home as there was 10 years ago?

Yes.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:Is it inconceivable that there are just not as many good players close to home as there was 10 years ago? They are so rare now that when they do begin to come of age, assuming they are not already in the hands of a big 4 club their price sky rockets leaving us out of the equation. At the end of the day I am sure Rafa would like homegrown players but the fact is he has given plenty a chance and they have not turned out good enough.

Exactly Bav - British Footballers bar the odd couple special ones (rooney,gerrard) are just not as good as the lads around the world . We (the prem clubs) started ruling europe when we started bringing in these top quality foriegn players . The spine of most of the top four clubs has a mix of the top english players plus the top foriegn players in the world - the teams below them have decent english lads but they are below the top four for a reason .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:10 pm

GYBS wrote:the teams below them have decent english lads but they are below the top four for a reason .

It's actually a number of reasons, chief amongst which is each time they get a good player one of the top four buys them.

Funnily enough though, and briefly returning to the subject of the thread, the fact that we sign lots of overseas fifteen year olds has so far not contributed overly to us finishing above Bolton each season.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:10 pm

But you want us to focus on looking at homegrown players to bring up and have stated the successes we have had with the likes of gerrard etc and thats the pointer we should be looking at and the standard of young players to be brought through . Those years throughout the 90s were full of this english talent we brought through the ranks - but like isay what success did we achieve with them ? a league cup was it ? until GH arrived and supplemented these english lads with foreign lads both in the youth and the first team and then what happened ? we achieved success - hurrah.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:the teams below them have decent english lads but they are below the top four for a reason .

It's actually a number of reasons, chief amongst which is each time they get a good player one of the top four buys them.

Funnily enough though, and briefly returning to the subject of the thread, the fact that we sign lots of overseas fifteen year olds has so far not contributed overly to us finishing above Bolton each season.

What about the young 15 year old english lads we have signed ? plenty of them in there as well . lets not just focus on the foreign lads.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion