Liverpool complete signing of 15-year-old spanish - Jesus joaquin fernandez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 am

If he's called Jesus I take it he's good at getting on the end of crosses?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby pokster » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:23 am

Rushden youngster joins Liverpool 

Rushden and Diamonds youth team striker Aaron King has completed a move to Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

King, 16, joined the Blue Square Premier side at age 11. He begins a two-year scholarship with Liverpool on 6 July following a successful trial.

Rushden's head of youth Paul Driver told the club website: "We are all absolutely thrilled for Aaron.

"This is a brilliant achievement for everyone involved in his development in the five years he has been with us."

King becomes the third player in the last two seasons to move from Rushden's youth system to a Premier League club, after Paris Cowan-Hall and Callum Reynolds who joined Portsmouth.

"His progress with us to get to the level where one of the 'big four' is prepared to offer him a scholarship also serves as further evidence of how well we have maintained our system, despite the withdrawal of financial support from the football authorities in the past two seasons," added Driver.

Rushden and Diamonds youth team will play a "Diamonds Legends" team on Sunday 2 August to help raise funds for the club's youth set-up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2....327.stm
pokster

Postby DrPepe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:56 am

pokster wrote:Rushden youngster joins Liverpool 

Rushden and Diamonds youth team striker Aaron King has completed a move to Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

King, 16, joined the Blue Square Premier side at age 11. He begins a two-year scholarship with Liverpool on 6 July following a successful trial.

Rushden's head of youth Paul Driver told the club website: "We are all absolutely thrilled for Aaron.

"This is a brilliant achievement for everyone involved in his development in the five years he has been with us."

King becomes the third player in the last two seasons to move from Rushden's youth system to a Premier League club, after Paris Cowan-Hall and Callum Reynolds who joined Portsmouth.

"His progress with us to get to the level where one of the 'big four' is prepared to offer him a scholarship also serves as further evidence of how well we have maintained our system, despite the withdrawal of financial support from the football authorities in the past two seasons," added Driver.

Rushden and Diamonds youth team will play a "Diamonds Legends" team on Sunday 2 August to help raise funds for the club's youth set-up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2....327.stm

Rushden?!

bloody foreigners  :angry:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:42 am

Surely his real name must be Aaron Pedro Xabi Javier Rafa King as we dont sign young english lads :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:56 am

It doesn't matter how many times you explain yourself, some people can't or won't read :laugh: People have an agenda which they religiously stick to, I put up a post in response to Nanny reds point a page or two back, I'll go back and find it and then re-post it. Nobody will read it of course, but I'll do it anyway  :laugh: It'll make me feel better anyhow, at least it shows that I'm trying to have a sensible discussion.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 am

Here it is, it was on the previous page.

Posted: June 22 2009,23:09   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (NANNY RED @ June 22 2009,23:02)
of course me being a scouser id like a few local kids to make the grade, but if weve got kids from timbuctoo or where ever an they manage to come through i dont care , as long as we start producing them,

I just highlighted this part Nan, as it sums it up. I'm not having a pop at the manager per se, I'm not saying I don't like foreign kids, I AM saying I would like us to produce more players.

I think we would have a greater chance of doing so if we looked much harder, and competed much harder, closer to home. I also think we run the risk of alienating any potential signings of UK based players with the proliferation both of overseas (particularly Spanish) staff, and overseas players.

Allied to that, if we continue with our policy of playing first team squad members woefully out of position rather than giving our kids an opportunity in a crisis, we will never procure the best talent in the future.

I am happy the manager is addressing the problem (and as I say at least he recognises there is one), but I'm not sure we are going about it the right way. It might be an idea I think to look backwards sometimes as well as forwards. In the past, we've produced many players as well as buying lots of kids on the cheap from Ireland and Scotland who have become top players. What did we do then that we don't do now might be a good place to start.

I know it's hard actually reading other peoples posts, but it kind of gives the whole thing a semblance of a point if your post refers to theirs and vica versa.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Mick we see your point

You have suggested that ever since we started getting johnny foriegnners in our production has halted . You want us to look closer to home for players - look at the Oirish or the wee scottish or the welsh as there might be another hansen or whelan or rooney or Rodwell . you want us to go back to the way we used to do it back in the 70s and 80s .

Unfortunatly times have moved on in a big way and the players have moved on and the clubs and the league in a very big way meaning clubs have to broaden their horizons to look also abroad for players that can make it .

Our scouts go all over the world including the HOME countries and the club pick who they think might make and it doesnt matter where they come from .

And you keep mentioning "focusing on technical ability" ? where is the problem with that ? all the best players in the world have the highest level of technical ability .
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 pm

I don't think you do see my point. You posted your reply about 17 seconds after I posted my response, so I don't think you've even had chance to think about it. Anyway no matter, the age of actually reading each others posts has gone or so it seems.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 pm

I would also suggest bar the gerrard or fowler macca and owen who between them won no titles we havent really produced as such that many youngsters even going back through the 70s and 80s - most of our big success where bought - some for big fees and a lot already established players .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 pm

bigmick wrote:I don't think you do see my point. You posted your reply about 17 seconds after I posted my response, so I don't think you've even had chance to think about it. Anyway no matter, the age of actually reading each others posts has gone or so it seems.

i had already read the post you where talking about mick so i already knew what you were going to post - more talent from closer to home etc and i was spot on - as i replied the other time the game has changed and we cant go backwards we have to go forwards to keep up with all the others - we have to get the best talent available to us no matter what age or where they are from .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 pm

bigmick wrote:
john craig wrote:I think this is a decent point GYBS makes.

??? Feck me I missed it. Lets just read it back again, hmmmmmbudedubedum... yep, fair enough GYBS, good point.

And before you start preaching about sensible debate and reading posts i refer you back to this post from yourself - someone else obviously took the time to read what i was saying where as you just as normal dismissed it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:10 pm

GYBS wrote:And you keep mentioning "focusing on technical ability" ? where is the problem with that ? all the best players in the world have the highest level of technical ability .

This means either we completely disagree on the subject, or that either you or I are completely clueless on the subject of association football, or both (or infact all three now I think about it).

It may well be the case that it's the latter, but all the best players in the World don't necessarily have the "highest" levels of technical ability at all. Check out Sabre's clips of them young fellas playing 5 a side inside the school sports hall in the "World Sportshall Football 5 a side Championships" or whatever the feck it's called. You want technical ability, theose lads have got it in spades. They'd have about as much chance of making it in the Premiership as Andrea Dossena though, which says it all really.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:12 pm

So lets look at the top ten best players in the world and what do they have bags of ?! technical ability

Messi,Kaka,Xavi,Gerrard,Torres,Ronaldo,Iniesta etc etc - full of techincal ability that has been honed by coaches and nutured and developed.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:14 pm

were signing highly rated youngsters on the cheap.... wheres the problem?? if they make it then they have saved us millions if not we can sell them on more often then not for a small profit
for me it does not matter where they are from aslong as it benifits liverpoolfc and i dont think for one second a good spanish lad would get into our youth team ahead of an english lad at the same level, not a chance
i say give all the lads a chance because if rafa hadnt started brining these boys in we wouldnt have inusa along with the likes of plesis, nemeth, pachecco, saric, bruna, san jose, la da valle, bouzanis, amoo, etc who all have the ability to follow him into the first team squad
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:17 pm

GYBS wrote:So lets look at the top ten best players in the world and what do they have bags of ?! technical ability

Messi,Kaka,Xavi,Gerrard,Torres,Ronaldo,Iniesta etc etc - full of techincal ability that has been honed by coaches and nutured and developed.

I think we have an agreement that the coaches are very often "nuturing" (Freudian slip or what) the ability of many players. Once again though, I think you miss the point.

Nobody is saying that you can become a top player without having "technical ability" (meaning that you can control it, pass it etc etc), but what I am saying that "technical ability" at 15 years old is not the be all and end all.

Anyways, I can see into the future here and I absolutely know which wat this discussion is going to go, so I'll leave it at that.

just do me a favour. Don't categorise my thoughts as "not liking foriegners" and stuff, because I think it's a bit offensive, and a simplification of the arguments.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion