Liverpool close in on zaragoza's milito

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 30, 2005 3:31 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:he was awful v real madrid the other nite. Luciano Galletti was awesome, he plays wide right, weve been linked to him, he puts in Beckham like crosses yet has the touch of Garcia, hes also their captain in one sylabul - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

he = Milito?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 30, 2005 3:51 pm

Isnt it a bit worrying when Real Zaragoza has conceded a massive 57 goals in the La Liga, third worse in the league?

Plus he has collected 13 yellow cards, sounds like another Josemi to me.
Last edited by MilitiaRusher on Mon May 30, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon May 30, 2005 4:23 pm

I've heard he could cost up to 8mill and at that it would be a pretty big gamble as most everything I've heard on this forum is makin me nervous.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Mon May 30, 2005 5:28 pm

would be a gamble but rafa noes his stuff
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon May 30, 2005 5:53 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
LiverpoolUSA wrote:Argentina international Milito, 24, is a fearsome, no-nonsense stopper

Love the thought of havin' one of them in the team .   :D

(An Argentine assassin that is )

:D

:D

Anyway, about Milito: He's a good-quality player, played against us two times this year for the UEFA games.And they were hard times for our strikers
  :upside:

Hope he can success if he comes.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 30, 2005 5:59 pm

13 yellows in spain is equivalent to about 3 here, as our game is more physical. However, I've never seen him play, so I can't comment on that side of things.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2005 6:12 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:13 yellows in spain is equivalent to about 3 here, as our game is more physical. However, I've never seen him play, so I can't comment on that side of things.

same here, never seen him play so i can`t comment on the fella. rafa must know the spanish scene as good as anyone so i`ll just trust him to unearth another alonso.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Mon May 30, 2005 6:45 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Isnt it a bit worrying when Real Zaragoza has conceded a massive 57 goals in the La Liga, third worse in the league?

Plus he has collected 13 yellow cards, sounds like another Josemi to me.

No, not really, I can see where you coming from though. But look at the likes of Niemi and his situation, great Goalkeeper with a sh*te defence in front of him. Just because the team is maybe not that good, it doesn't mean it can't have good player's.

For his yellow card collection, in Spain the ref's don't really tolerate hard tackle's, even if the ball is won cleanly they will still blow, then book.
Last edited by Gareth G on Mon May 30, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon May 30, 2005 6:52 pm

Spot on Kop.

You can't blame Milito on all the goals Zaragoza conceded. We've conceded 40 something goals so does that make Finnan and Carragher bad defenders? No it doesn't.

Rethink your ''theory'' next time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon May 30, 2005 10:37 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:he was awful v real madrid the other nite. Luciano Galletti was awesome, he plays wide right, weve been linked to him, he puts in Beckham like crosses yet has the touch of Garcia, hes also their captain in one sylabul - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

he = Milito?

YYYYES!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue May 31, 2005 5:31 am

I donno about him, I juat hope we get some real pace at the back with a lot of steele. We are in dire need of a quicker defense and also a very reliable and consistent goalkeeper.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue May 31, 2005 8:31 am

A.B. wrote:Spot on Kop.

You can't blame Milito on all the goals Zaragoza conceded. We've conceded 40 something goals so does that make Finnan and Carragher bad defenders? No it doesn't.

But to an extent, Milito in Zaragoza's defense would surely influence the amount of goals concded. So looking at the amount of goals Real Zaragoza has concded, we could briefly have an idea how competent Milito is.

But Zaragoza condeing 57 goals does not exactly make Milito a 5 million worthy defender, does it?
Last edited by MilitiaRusher on Tue May 31, 2005 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue May 31, 2005 8:43 am

err he did make a hash of controling the ball, resulting in a real goal. Sign Galletti, has anyone heard of the guy?
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue May 31, 2005 8:49 am

A.B. wrote:Spot on Kop.

There's something to point to...

If we have leaked 40 odd goals, the defence takes the stick. And that includes the GK too. Carra in our heart is a good player because he fights for anything and lays his body against all the shots. But technically he is not world class yet.

Than again we have Chelski conceding 10 odd goals. Now that's a defence that works well with a communication so good with the GK. And technically Terry and company, I hate to admit, is sound defensively. Except for Johnson, he is :no

Come to Zaragoza, if having watch Milito in action, he is only technically as good as Carra. But is Milito having as much heart as Carra? that's where I question his abilities. Milito is good in man marking, so he has pace. But against some very gifted and tricky oppositions, he is doubtful.

Still I say he is a player with talent and potential given the age. And there must be something that Benitez seen. I reserve my judgement on him till he comes and play for the REDS.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue May 31, 2005 8:56 am

yes lets put faith in our spanish warlord, who slayed the romans in the east with his red army in Constantinople.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion