"Liverpool better than Everton" - Proclaims Benitez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:26 pm

peewee wrote:getting off the subject dalglish, your avatar looks like a woman squeezing a f@rt out    :D

good job it aint dead cats farts, eh peewee  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:30 pm

peewee wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Good points there Azraiamad.

Liverpool may have the flair, the talent and the ability but all too often they lack the grit and determination to rescue a game. At Fulham this season and more recently against Charlton LFC recovered and won both games so it's within their capabilities. i'm sure Benitez will have noticed this and wil lseek to address it over the remainder of the season.

i agree.

getting of the subject dalglish, your avatar looks like a woman squeezing a f@rt out    :D

Youve got a point there Peewee :D
82-1074641017

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:54 am

Now even baros thinks so :D

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/everton/story.jsp?story=609457

We can beat Everton in Europe race, says Baros

Milan Baros, the Liverpool striker, believes his side can still overtake Everton for a place in the Champions' League and is certain they will challenge for the Premiership title next season.

Baros, the top scorer at Euro 2004, insists there is enough time to claw back the five-point gap on David Moyes' side. "Our aim in the Premier League is clear - qualifying for the Champions' League," he said. "We are in fifth place and there are five points between us and fourth place, where Everton are. But there are 12 rounds of the competition left and we have to play our biggest rivals at home, so it might be achieved."

Liverpool face Everton at Anfield on 20 March and entertain Bolton, Tottenham and Middlesbrough in April. They finished fourth last season, but Baros believes they should be setting their sights higher than that in the future. "It looks that we are going in the right direction, although there are ups and downs in our results," he said. "I hope that next season we will be competing with the strong trio of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and would not be fighting only for the fourth spot."

To that end, Baros has welcomed the arrival of Fernando Morientes from Real Madrid. The Spaniard has scored in Liverpool's last two games, against Charlton and Fulham, and the Czech striker believes they can form a fruitful partnership.

"He is a great footballer and for our team it is super he has come. He is great in the air, you can easily exchange quick passes with him and we will certainly understand each other.

"Our communication is limited as he does not speak English, but he is learning fast. He is a modest man and we understand each other."

Baros also hopes to put behind him the injuries that have affected him this season. "I am completely fit now and I hope to remain fit for a long time," he said.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:02 am

More urls......

1)

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

Baros full of beans

Milan Baros believes Liverpool have turned a corner under Rafa Benitez and is confident the Spaniard can bring success to Anfield.
The Reds have been in indifferent form for much of the campaign, but two successive wins have revived their hopes of sneaking into the fourth and final UEFA Champions League berth.
Baros believes such a target is attainable and feels The Reds will be well equipped to mount a challenge to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United next term.
"Our aim in the Premier League is clear - qualifying for the Champions League," he told Idnes. "We are in fifth place and there are five points between us and fourth place, where Everton are.
"But there are 12 games left and we have to play our biggest rivals at home, so it might be achieved.
"It looks like we are going in the right direction, although there are ups and downs in our results.
"I hope that next season we will be competing with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and will not only be fighting for fourth spot."
After starring at Euro 2004, Baros' hopes of firing Liverpool to success were wrecked by a hamstring injury.
The Czech Republic star has fought back to full fitness and is confident his problems are now behind him.
"I believe I have had enough injuries for a long time to the future. I am completely fit now and I hope to remain fit for a long time."

2)

http://offthepitch.blogspot.com/2005/02/baros-we-will-be-4th.html

Baros: We will be 4th

"It's great for both Fernando and I to have scored on Saturday," said Liverpool striker Milan Baros.

"You can see already he's a great player and he's very good in the air. That's made an advantage for me as I try to get around centre defenders.

"He makes a lot of space for me, which is great. He's a big signing for Liverpool. We can have the kind of partnership where we both help each other.

"He's getting better with every game. It's only our fourth game and we still have a lot to learn from each other, but hopefully there is a lot more to come.

"There are twelve games still to go so there's a lot of football still to be played. I hope by the end we'll make fourth. We have experience of fighting for this position.

"There are other teams in contention but we have to focus on ourselves. Hopefully it will help but we know Everton are doing well and have a habit of winning 1-0.

"It's going to be difficult but I have a lot of faith we can catch them."

3)

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal....=soccer

BAROS: WE CAN CATCH EVERTON

Liverpool striker Milan Baros believes the Reds can still overtake Merseyside rivals Everton for a place in the Champions League and is confident they will challenge the 'big three' for the Barclays Premiership title next season.

The Czech, the top scorer at Euro 2004, insists there is enough time to claw back the five-point gap on David Moyes' side.

"Our aim in the Premier League is clear - qualifying for the Champions League," he told Czech website www.idnes.cz.

"We are in fifth place and there are five points between us and fourth place, where Everton are. But there are 12 rounds of the competition left and we have to play our biggest rivals at home, so it might be achieved."

Baros and co face Everton on March 20, seventh-placed Bolton on April 2, Tottenham on April 16 and Middlesbrough on April 30, all at Anfield.

The Reds finished fourth last season but the 23-year-old insists they should be setting their sights higher than that in the future.

"It looks that we are going in the right direction, although there are ups and downs in our results.

"I hope that next season we will be competing with the strong trio of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and would not be fighting only for the fourth spot."

To that end, Baros has welcomed the arrival of Fernando Morientes from Real Madrid. The Spaniard failed to find the net in his first three games but has since scored in the last two, against Charlton and Fulham, and Baros believes they can form a fruitful partnership.

"He is a great footballer and for our team it is super he has come," Baros said.

"He is great in the air, you can easily exchange quick passes with him and we will certainly understand each other.

"Our communication is limited as he does not speak English, but he is learning fast. He is a modest man and we understand each other."

Baros, on international duty with the Czech Republic, who face Slovenia in a friendly, is also hoping to put behind him the injuries that have plagued this season.

"I believe I have served my injury-time for a long time to the future. I am completely fit now and I hope to remain fit for a long time."

4)

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtal....00.html

5)

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/02/09/story188586.html

Reds going in 'right direction' - Baros
09/02/2005 - 15:06:05

Liverpool striker Milan Baros believes the Reds can still overtake Merseyside rivals Everton for a place in the Champions League and is confident they will challenge the ‘big three’ for the Barclays Premiership title next season.

The Czech, the top scorer at Euro 2004, insists there is enough time to claw back the five-point gap on David Moyes’ side.

“Our aim in the Premier League is clear – qualifying for the Champions League,” he told Czech website www.idnes.cz.

“We are in fifth place and there are five points between us and fourth place, where Everton are. But there are 12 rounds of the competition left and we have to play our biggest rivals at home, so it might be achieved.”

Baros and co face Everton on March 20, seventh-placed Bolton on April 2, Tottenham on April 16 and Middlesbrough on April 30, all at Anfield.

The Reds finished fourth last season but the 23-year-old insists they should be setting their sights higher than that in the future.

“It looks that we are going in the right direction, although there are ups and downs in our results.

“I hope that next season we will be competing with the strong trio of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and would not be fighting only for the fourth spot.”

To that end, Baros has welcomed the arrival of Fernando Morientes from Real Madrid. The Spaniard failed to find the net in his first three games but has since scored in the last two, against Charlton and Fulham, and Baros believes they can form a fruitful partnership.

“He is a great footballer and for our team it is super he has come,” Baros said.

“He is great in the air, you can easily exchange quick passes with him and we will certainly understand each other.

“Our communication is limited as he does not speak English, but he is learning fast. He is a modest man and we understand each other.”

Baros, on international duty with the Czech Republic, who face Slovenia in a friendly tonight, is also hoping to put behind him the injuries that have plagued this season.

“I believe I have served my injury-time for a long time to the future. I am completely fit now and I hope to remain fit for a long time.”

6)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N147786050209-1319.htm
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:03 am

azriahmad wrote:Liverpool is better than Everton is a fact that I totally believe in.

However, while Everton's Moyes has managed to squeeze herculean efforts from all of his charges, the Liverpool players have failed to consistently apply their talents to good use consistently. So lamentable....

agree with you. If the players only managed to "turn up" @ games, we would be 2nd in the league now chasing chelsea. Arsenal & the scums have been just above average this season (though the scums seem to be on-form in the last few games).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion