LIVERPOOL 3 - 1 ASTON VILLA - ALL POST MATCH REACTION HERE PLEASE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Good result! we really played some nice attacking football and some really neat one-two's.

I was happy with Gerrard because he was everywhere and I thought he was unlucky not to score in the 2nd half when he hit the post.

I thought Alonso was amazing with his passes, the arabic commentator here kept calling him the "General" because he bossed the midfield.

Lets keep on winning!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
peewee wrote:her name is charlie something or other

I typed in "charlie somthing or other" in google, I couldent find her.

thats sad    :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby oakton » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 pm

found it:
her name is Charlie Webster :p
oakton

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 pm

I am really pleased with the performance, and what made it better was Villa came out and had a real go second half and we more than matched them. Tackles were going in hard and we fought hard.
account deleted by request

Postby lfcwonderboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:17 pm

sweet game! gaols are up on www.lfcland.com
lfcwonderboy

Postby joko » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:20 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
s@int wrote:pennants cr@p

Hello, is it me your thinking of?

:D  :D  :D
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:30 pm

ESPN STAR Sports new recruit Charlie Webster is a former English 400m runner, a photographic and catwalk model and, until recently, a presenter for Real Madrid's International TV Channel. She's also a qualified personal trainer, studied as an actor and has a degree in English Language and Linguistics.

wa wa wee wah    :D

mmmmmmm charlie, i wonder if she will let me enter her chocolate factory     :oh:  :D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:05 pm

I bet Dawson is laughing, he said he was going to back Kuyt for the first goal today
account deleted by request

Postby coddy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:25 pm

At last! something to be happy about. Sounds like we romped them! lets hope this is the start of a good run.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MaccaLFC » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:27 pm

Nicely done, we're gona win the league..

:p
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby babu » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:41 pm

feckin great result. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:56 pm

great result...lol..hope rafa keeps the same starting 11 for the next league game though!! :D :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:00 pm

Great result for the lads. This should give us some confidence. Kuyt Great player 3rd league goal this year well done lad.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:09 pm

Seeing as Rafa takes all the stick when we lose, I for one would like to point out how right he got the team selection today.  In fact, he made some tough decisions that cannot be overlooked:

1) Starting Gerrard on the right after the latest round of complaints about the skipper's form and attitude whilst being played "out of position"
2) Going with Kuyt and Crouch up top instead of Robbie, when many would have liked to see Fowler back into the Starting 11 after Wednesday's performance
3) Starting Garcia on the left.  For me, Luis was abyssmal at Old Trafford and he's been criticized for his defensive lapses at LM.  Rafa stuck with him and it paid off with a goal.
4) Going with Sami and Carragher at the back, despite the fact that Agger had a good game on Wednesday and despite the fact that there were some concerns about both of our CMs' form against the Mancs last week.

So, well done Rafa you stubborn old sod... you stuck to your guns, rotated again for the 99th consecutive game, ignored the calls for Gerrard in the centre and basically reminded all of those numpties calling for you to pull your finger out that you're still the man to lead Liverpool forward.  Ole! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Seeing as Rafa takes all the stick when we lose, I for one would like to point out how right he got the team selection today.  In fact, he made some tough decisions that cannot be overlooked:

1) Starting Gerrard on the right after the latest round of complaints about the skipper's form and attitude whilst being played "out of position"
2) Going with Kuyt and Crouch up top instead of Robbie, when many would have liked to see Fowler back into the Starting 11 after Wednesday's performance
3) Starting Garcia on the left.  For me, Luis was abyssmal at Old Trafford and he's been criticized for his defensive lapses at LM.  Rafa stuck with him and it paid off with a goal.
4) Going with Sami and Carragher at the back, despite the fact that Agger had a good game on Wednesday and despite the fact that there were some concerns about both of our CMs' form against the Mancs last week.

So, well done Rafa you stubborn old sod... you stuck to your guns, rotated again for the 99th consecutive game, ignored the calls for Gerrard in the centre and basically reminded all of those numpties calling for you to pull your finger out that you're still the man to lead Liverpool forward.  Ole! :D

Good post Bob, it's true that the manager takes the flak for bad results but doesn't always get the praise when things go to plan.

I personally don't agree with Benitez's rotation policy, but it looks like we'll have to get used to it.  However that's not the main reason why we've already lost 4 league games, it's because the manager has been let down so far by our better and usually most reliable players.  Carra, Gerrard, Alonso, Hyypia, Finnan, Riise and Reina have not had a good season so far, for whatever reason, and we also have a lot of new players bedding in.

Hopefully today is a sign of our better players getting back to form and some of our newer players starting to settle.  It's still early days and talk of a complete revival is premature considering our away form is letting us down and next up is a trip to the Emirates, but at least we have a few positive points to grasp onto for now.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion