LIVERPOOL 3 - 1 ASTON VILLA - ALL POST MATCH REACTION HERE PLEASE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:58 pm

todays performance was what its all about guys, we played very well, ok a couple of scares at the back but we also should have scored more than we did.

everyone battled hard today, we went for every ball, our passing was slick and went to our own players for once, garcia didnt try any stupid flicks, an all round good performance.

but i will say that i think it has proved the critics right, play your strongest team, play 442, play the forward in form, play attacking football, play the same team on tuesday and see what happens, we will also boss that game.

lets just hope this team gets a good run together and we can start to string together some results.

i know some of you havent seen todays game but our football flowed for long stretches of the game, we looked good
112-1077774096

Postby puroresu » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Rooney got a hatrick, looks like he is back and Chelsea are starting to win games with comfort even if the scoreline doesnt suggest so, Arsenal are stopable.

We just need to win a couple of games in a row and we will be back towards the top.

Problem with being behind is no matter how often we win we are relying on other sides dropping points.  Dont forget Pompey who won again.  My brother went Arsenal today and said all Everton did was put everyone behind the ball after scoring. Said Arsenal never hit the ball long and the stadium is out of this world!!!
puroresu

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Last season the base of our team was:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell

Crouch

We just need to establish a base to our team, 7 or 8 players that will always play.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:01 pm

what's the name of that babe on star sports? she kept spreading her legs :p
oakton

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:01 pm

oakton wrote:what's the name of that babe on star sports? she kept spreading her legs :p

Someone please put up a picture.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:03 pm

oakton wrote:what's the name of that babe on star sports? she kept spreading her legs :p

dunno, but she's hot, and she likes footy...

... back of the net!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:04 pm

Picture anyone?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:05 pm

Name anyone?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 pm

Anyway, good result today, lets hope we can seal our passage into the last 16 of the Champions League on Tuesday againt Bordeux, and then beat Reading at home on Saturday.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:07 pm

exactly what i was hoping for, convincing display and we looked great!

well done the pool!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Last season the base of our team was:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell

Crouch

We just need to establish a base to our team, 7 or 8 players that will always play.

Agree
puroresu

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:10 pm

her name is charlie something or other
112-1077774096

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:12 pm

It was a very good result, one that we definitely needed. It was also a good solid performance to boot, you couldn't ask for much more other than a clean sheet, but it wasn't to be.

I was impressed with the cohesion within the team today, we used the ball well, had accurate passing, didn't panic when under pressure, we were patient in our build up play, we didn't lump balls forward in hope that Villa would have a lapse of concentration.

I was pleased to see Rafa name our strongest back four and today it proved my point about constant changing of the defence being the reason we lacked confidence at the back, communication and continuity. All those ingredients were present today and that is why we were so good at the back, Reina looked confident (probably because he's familiar with the back four that started) and pulled off a great save to deny Villa a second.

Garcia, Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia, Finnan and Alonso all turned up for the match today, which made me come out with the comment "about time". It's about time our big players put in big performances and they did so today. Let’s hope this is a turning point in our season, after all it did happen last season.

I thought in the second half we allowed Villa back into the game. I was quite disappointed about that, we took our foot off the gas and allowed them back into it; I would like to see us dominating entire matches (if possible).

I'd just like to reinstate my belief that Pennant should be England's #1 right winger, ahead of Gerrard, Lennon and Beckham. He came on and played well as per usual, surely he can't continue to be over-looked. I really wanted him to score to shut the Villa fans up who were singing "You should be in jail".

I'd like this team to played in the next match, I'm a fan of rotation, but I'd just like to see us getting back on winning ways, building up the confidence before making changes.

It was a good performance, lets build on this and hopefully this will kick start our season.
67-1161385641

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:12 pm

peewee wrote:her name is charlie something or other

I typed in "charlie somthing or other" in google, I couldent find her.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:13 pm

Espionage wrote:Great goal from Van Persie :(

so is it now 3-2?

:alien:  :p
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion