Liverpool 2 - 0 juventus - What a goal by luis garcia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:02 pm

NYCJuveFan wrote:Honestly LFC impressed me much more than Chelsea against Barcelona. Much much more.

that wasn't exactly hard. chelsea's performance against barcelona was completely blown out of proportion by the british media over here. apart from a 20 minute spell of madness at the start of the second leg when barca's defence went to sleep, chelsea got battered. barca were by far the better team over the two legs. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NYCJuveFan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:05 pm

stmichael wrote:
NYCJuveFan wrote:Honestly LFC impressed me much more than Chelsea against Barcelona. Much much more.

that wasn't exactly hard. chelsea's performance against barcelona was completely blown out of proportion by the british media over here. apart from a 20 minute spell of madness at the start of the second leg when barca's defence went to sleep, chelsea got battered. barca were by far the better team over the two legs. :angry:

Yeah.

Why is Chelsea so overestimated?
Russian power to influence media?

I mean, they're a very good team, but there are a bunch better in Europe, IMO.
NYCJuveFan

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:08 pm

Sean wrote:Juve will be favourites for the return leg and we may be beaten .

As long as it's 3-2 I won't complain .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NYCJuveFan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Sean wrote:Juve will be favourites for the return leg and we may be beaten .

As long as it's 3-2 I won't complain .   :D

No man!
Too many goals, too much emotions........

Better a quiet 1-0. Deal?   :D  :D  :D
NYCJuveFan

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:10 pm

NYCJuveFan wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Yeah.

Why is Chelsea so overestimated?
Russian power to influence media?

I mean, they're a very good team, but there are a bunch better in Europe, IMO.

two years ago mate, chelsea were nothing. infact they were a midtable side who were struggling to try and break into the top 3 or 4 clubs which at the time were manchester united, arsenal, liverpool and newcastle (amazingly). :D

then all of a sudden a russian billionaire comes along looking to buy a club in london, decides against spurs and opts for chelsea. the rest is history. their unlimited wealth now means that their "fans" consider themselves to be a "big club" despite having done relatively f#ck all in their history. incidentally these are the same fans who didn't even go to watch chelsea when they were averaging 12,000 gates in the old second division.

oh yeah and the way they handle themselves off the pitch is a disgrace aswell. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NYCJuveFan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:14 pm

stmichael wrote:two years ago mate, chelsea were nothing. infact they were a midtable side who were struggling to try and break into the top 3 or 4 clubs which at the time were manchester united, arsenal, liverpool and newcastle (amazingly). :D

then all of a sudden a russian billionaire comes along looking to buy a club in london, decides against spurs and opts for chelsea. the rest is history. their unlimited wealth now means that their "fans" consider themselves to be a "big club" despite having done relatively f#ck all in their history. incidentally these are the same fans who didn't even go to watch chelsea when they were averaging 12,000 gates in the old second division.

oh yeah and the way they handle themselves off the pitch is a disgrace aswell. :angry:

Yeah, I have my russian disgrace too.
My girlfriend, a Kiev-born US citizen, likes Shevchenko and therefore cheers for AC Milan.  :angry:  :angry:

Btw, I still remember Chelsea being a quite good team with Juve-idol Vialli and Di Matteo (I remember his goal at Wembley when they won FA Cup).
NYCJuveFan

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:26 pm

NYCJuveFan wrote:Too many goals, too much emotions........

Better a quiet 1-0. Deal?   :D  :D  :D

yeah Liverpool 1 Juventus 0...I will take it  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:33 pm

I remeber when they were getting humilated by the likes of Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC now they are a big club ??? wat makes you a big club money ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NYCJuveFan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:39 pm

the great one wrote:I remeber when they were getting humilated by the likes of Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC now they are a big club ??? wat makes you a big club money ???

So what happens if, let's say, Abrahmovic gets arrested?
Chelsea back in the dust?

They didn't win anything yet (ok, maybe they kinda won the Premiership).
Having spent that money, you expect them to win the CL. And IMO they won't. They'll have to go through Bayern, LFC/Juve and supposedly AC Milan.
NYCJuveFan

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:02 pm

NYCJuveFan wrote:They didn't win anything yet (ok, maybe they kinda won the Premiership).
Having spent that money, you expect them to win the CL. And IMO they won't. They'll have to go through Bayern, LFC/Juve and supposedly AC Milan.

spot on
chelsea can only be said to be succesful only if the million bucks of the romans money to be having been returned (which in particular means they have to be at the latest stage of present CL and the next year one)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:31 am

Yes quality goal by garcia, please all of you refer to my previous Topic! which stated we had no seen the best of garcia. getting better with every game.
Iceman69

Postby MOMO » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:31 am

WHAT A GOAL!!!! :D :D
I'm a Chinese girl !!!
I'm glad to meet everyone!!!
MOMO

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:48 am

Where we can download the goal ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:44 am

www.xtratime.org

once you sign up there is a secret 'videos' thread. It's a very good place if you can't make the game or watch it on tv (my case cos i live in australia without pay tv).
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion