LIVERPOOL (1) v (0) REAL MADRID- 2nd leg - Back to the champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:35 pm

One thing im hoping is babel to somehow get inspiration from his performance and continue to keep it at that level.. That guy played very well yesterday.. He proved his has got a brain after all! Well done babel... Want inter to beat mannure today common you feck faces..
Read an article today about the mannure match and the clown who wrote the article said he think only inter and barca could stop mannure from claiming the champs league. He said he cant see any other realy challengers.. Feck head didnt even mention us!!!
WE are the main threat to any side in the champs league!!!!!!11
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Sabre wrote:I need some translation help

I know you use words like "debacle" (in Spanish debacle)

Or "Catastrophe" (in Spanish Catástrofe)

Or "painful" (in Spanish Doloroso).

But the stick being given to Madrid is going way further than this words and I don't find the english match :D

What's even worse than a debacle and catastrophe in English?
:D

I like to word Cataclysm  or Cataclysmic Disaster.

Also think you can say that Real were left completely and utterly desolated. Because desolation not only refers to leaving them in ruins and barren but also the sadness, misery and isolation to go along with it   :D
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Torres talked me round - Benitez

Rafael Benitez has revealed that Fernando Torres needed a pain-killing injection and all his powers of persuasion to have the chance to destroy Real Madrid.

Torres took special delight in his goal-scoring performance as Liverpool sent Real crashing out of the Champions League with a 5-0 aggregate win on Tuesday. A lifelong Atletico Madrid fan who spent 12 years as a player at the Vicente Calderon, Torres had longed for the moment to deal such a blow to Real.

Benitez said: "Fernando had only light training for three days but he desperately wanted to play against his former club."

He added: "He caused so many problems for their defenders, they could not handle him or his passion. But there was great commitment from all of my players.

"Fernando did his best to convince me to let him play. We talked a lot about it beforehand and he kept telling me he was 100%.

"But he still needed an injection in the ankle and it was heavily strapped up. Playing against Real, particularly with his past at Atletico Madrid, was so important for him. The strapping was very strong, but we felt it was right to take the gamble."

Torres had scored just once against Real in previous appearances and had never been on the winning side.

He said: "The pain was not important. I have three days until the game with Manchester United and I think I will be fit.

"The Champions League victory was a big night for Liverpool and we showed Madrid why Liverpool try to win everything. After the first goal it was very difficult for them to score two and the penalty sealed the game."

FFS get it right Rafa!!!  It took me a while but I finally found something to criticise Rafa for  :D
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Sabre wrote:He didn't say we'll win 1-2, but we'll "chorrear" 1-2 in Anfield, which is pretty untranslatable, but would mean something like "winning without much effort and being blatantly superior ".

Hence, the Marca today, talks about a 4-0, and a total chorreo, but coming from Liverpool, that is, they're mocking the Madrid chairman.

Marca wonders if Torres' gesture was mocking a recent gesture of Raul, but rather, I think he just was showing contempt to the Madrid fans showing his back, and showing who he is.

The small headlines say

"Total Physical, Technical, and Tactical bath of Benitez"

"Liverpool humilliated Madrid from min one, to 93"

"Torres and Gerrard, outstanding"

"St Iker avoided an 8-0"

"Mijatovic: We beg the pardon of the fans"

Torres: If the Atletico fans enjoyed the ride, even the better.

not a whole lot of attention for the Spanish side that did go through  :D
JoeTerp

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Sabre wrote:He didn't say we'll win 1-2, but we'll "chorrear" 1-2 in Anfield, which is pretty untranslatable, but would mean something like "winning without much effort and being blatantly superior ".

Hence, the Marca today, talks about a 4-0, and a total chorreo, but coming from Liverpool, that is, they're mocking the Madrid chairman.

Marca wonders if Torres' gesture was mocking a recent gesture of Raul, but rather, I think he just was showing contempt to the Madrid fans showing his back, and showing who he is.

The small headlines say

"Total Physical, Technical, and Tactical bath of Benitez"

"Liverpool humilliated Madrid from min one, to 93"

"Torres and Gerrard, outstanding"

"St Iker avoided an 8-0"

"Mijatovic: We beg the pardon of the fans"

Torres: If the Atletico fans enjoyed the ride, even the better.

Also heard that the Real Fans sang Gerrard's name during the palyers warm round jog around Anfield .. that's our capatain fantastic..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnymarcu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Boluda se lució al decir lo del chorreo...
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby johnymarcu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:08 pm

By the way, I dont think that Torres made fun of Raul when he scored yesterday... the press in Madrid is a litlle bit... i don't know the correct word in english... maybe stupid is the best one
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:
zarababe wrote:
stmichael wrote:
zarababe wrote:Wonder where the Real Presidente is hiding now ay..  :D  :laugh:

apparently he's still sat in the kop waiting for real to turn up  :l

Lets mind our selves of what the tw.at said:

Real Madrid President Vicente Boluda: We Will Beat Liverpool 3-0

As Los Blancos’ form continue to improve in leaps and bounds, their confidence continues to grow and no one has shown that more than the club’s stand-in president.

24 Feb 2009 02:22:01

As Real Madrid prepare to entertain Liverpool in the Champions League round of 16 first leg clash on Wednesday night, club supremo, Vicente Boluda has fired up his charges by predicting a comprehensive victory for the Men In White.

“It will be a great game against Liverpool and I think we will beat them 3-0 at the Santiago Bernabeu,” he boomed during an interview with Cadena COPE, before going on to add, “In the second leg at Anfield, they will score against us, but we will win 2-1.”

:rasp

What about the other fella who said we are sh!t on a stick  :D

Jorge Valdano - now he knows what sh*t on a stick looks like  :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/11/real-madrid-liverpool-press-reaction

"Madrid have hit rock bottom," wrote the newspaper. "They have been there for a while on the institutional side and now they have fallen off a cliff in the sporting arena."

Spanish Press - 'Torres knocked Madrid to the ground and Gerrard buried them' Spanish media pull no punches after Liverpool's 4-0 win

• 'Madrid have fallen off a cliff in the sporting arena'

The Spanish media reacted with a mixture of dismay and disbelief after Liverpool dismantled Real Madrid at Anfield last night to dump Los Blancos out of the Champions League.

"Madrid humiliated in Europe", "Liverpool, white cemetery" and "Madrid crash to earth" were among the headlines after a 4-0 defeat saw the nine-times European champions lose the last-16 tie 5-0 on aggregate. The result means Real have failed to reach the Champions League quarter-finals for a fifth straight year.

The scoreline might have been worse were it not for a string of saves from Iker Casillas in the Real goal and Spain's newspapers did not hold back in their assessments of Juande Ramos's side's performance.

"Liverpool gave a provincial-looking Madrid a lesson in what Europe is," wrote the daily ABC. "Their devastating play made Madrid look like they weren't at the game: no possession, no ideas, no energy and lacking control or width. A stellar Torres knocked Madrid to the ground and Gerrard buried them."

Real's recent 10-match winning streak in La Liga, which ended with Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to city rivals Atlético, was all but forgotten.

El País blamed the Spanish champions' poor showing partly on the club's recent institutional problems which it said urgently needed to be resolved. Real have an interim president following the resignation of Ramón Calderón in a vote-rigging scandal and El Pais said elections must be held sooner rather than later so a new president can breathe life into the club.

"Madrid have hit rock bottom," wrote the newspaper. "They have been there for a while on the institutional side and now they have fallen off a cliff in the sporting arena."

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:13 pm

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:24 pm

It was a very good win, and it was an enjoyable game to watch. We just hope that Bentiez does not change the team for Saturday apart for Kuyt, and we are hoping to get decent result at M.Utd.
jedwards

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Hurrah !!!!!!!  :laugh: :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:46 pm

I dunno if these SSN stats are right from last nights game report but in terms of territory and possession Real were the stronger?

Liverpool  Real Madrid
4   Goals 0
2   1st Half Goals 0
11 Shots on Target 3
1   Shots off Target 12 
3   Blocked Shots 1
10  Corners 4
26  Fouls 15
5   Offsides 2
3   Yellow Cards 3
0   Red Cards 0
71.3 Passing Success 78.6
32  Tackles 23
71.9 Tackles Success 73.9
42   Possession 58
47.6 Territorial Advantage 52.4

:Oo:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:49 pm

what a game.....damn was i paying for it today!

i haven't seen us play like that for a long long time, we started off the match at blistering pace and some of the football was just class (that turn by Torres was unbelievable). Great passion and all round top performance by every one of our players.

Tactics and subs were spot on. if we play like this on saturday i won't worry cos we're no doubt gonna win.

Another famous night in europe
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 pm

can we appeal masch's yellow card ?

ridiculous decision that he got a yellow and not alonso so masch ends up missing next game
cpc4eva

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion