LIVERPOOL (1) v (0) REAL MADRID- 2nd leg - Back to the champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:30 am

What a night! Everyone was great, even Babel!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 am

GYBS wrote:I think the goals he did let in he couldnt do much about - if it wasnt for him it could of been double figures last night , but when pepe was called upon - namely the snejider strike he was equal to it - spain are bloody lucky to have prob two of the best keepers in the world where as england have shi te

We have some decent keepers, just insist on picking the error prone ones or ancient ones.

If they stopped picking James and Robinson long ago we could have moved on. Carson makes too many errors, Foster may well be our best option or Green. Other keepers rarely get a look in, I'm sure the squad contains the same three names virtually every game - even friendlies
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:46 am

Yeah but none of them are up there with the Cechs,Buffons,Pepe,Casillas level.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:56 am

Lee J wrote:ironic really that the Spanish No.1 goalie let in 4 goals on the night and the Spanish No.2 goalie kept a clean sheet. lol

That has more to do with the defense than casillas's ability , without him we would have raked up a cricket score . He made some tremendous save and like it or not he's still better than pepe and the best keeper in the world
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 am

Lee J wrote:ironic really that the Spanish No.1 goalie let in 4 goals on the night and the Spanish No.2 goalie kept a clean sheet. lol

Yeh, some fúckwit might look at those numbers and think Casillas is a bad goalie because the stats say so.

And he'll consider it "logical"  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 am

Toffeehater wrote:

That has more to do with the defense than casillas's ability , without him we would have raked up a cricket score . He made some tremendous save and like it or not he's still better than pepe and the best keeper in the world

Exactly. Their defence was far too spread out, afforded us way too much space and they got punished.

Poor defending and reffing got us three of the goals, the Babel cross would probably have been scored even against a better defence. I mean how many defences get undone by a hoofed clearance that bounces a few times? Possible tug on the defender aside, they made a Real meal of it.

I still can't believe Casillas is under 30, he seems to have been around forever.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:04 am

Ciggy wrote:deleted all me evertonain family and mates from facebook for bein so bitter .

:laugh:  :laugh: I wish i could delete them from my house
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:11 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote:deleted all me evertonain family and mates from facebook for bein so bitter .

Disinherit them. That's what it works around here when the family fails you.  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 am

NANNY RED wrote:

feel sorry for ya Nan bet your lad hasnt shut up about wembley has he?  :D me mums bitter mate had as her status Attention all Liverpool fans if you want to see the new wembley contact your nearest evertonain. feck em  :glare:
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:24 am

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

feel sorry for ya Nan bet your lad hasnt shut up about wembley has he?  :D me mums bitter mate had as her status Attention all Liverpool fans if you want to see the new wembley contact your nearest evertonain. feck em  :glare:

:laugh: Shame there only gonna go on a charra day out to London while were gonna be going to Rome.

Pie an Mash or Spaggetti Carbanara :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 am

hey Nanny, you get your wicked way with the fella last night then? :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 am

It is a shame that after a great win like last night the usual suspects (the antis) cannot come on here and talk about how great we played with the same vigor that they say we are cr@p. Sad  :no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 am

I'm waiting for the

'If Mourinho had been manager we would have scored 7' simpletons

Class result, still smiling like a 'tard.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 am

i kinda predicted if we scored 1 we'd go on to get more. 3-1 was my prediction. I just felt that Madrid were there for the taking. and boy did we take 'em?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:34 am

kazza wrote:It is a shame that after a great win like last night the usual suspects (the antis) cannot come on here and talk about how great we played with the same vigor that they say we are cr@p. Sad  :no

same as how the pros, after a miserable loss like the one at m'boro, can't come on here and say how sh!te we played with the same vigor that they say we are brilliant.

its all about balance and perspective...

but lets not spoil the thread with that kind of rubbish. last night we were truly awesome, to a man. i haven't enjoyed watching us play as much for a long, long time.

:buttrock

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion