LIVERPOOL (1) v (0) REAL MADRID- 2nd leg - Back to the champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:54 am

Long way to go yet but taking this form into the latter stages i could see us in the final.. Hope we do win the champs league this year feckin we need a trophy.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ox5 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:28 am

quality, why o why can we not play like that every game, or even 75% of games....awsome.:D
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 am

Benitez proves when it comes to europe...he is among the best yet again......

All props to him and the team.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:51 am

Sabre wrote:First quick articles from Spain, tomorrow it will be one of those days I buy Marca.

Casillas left Anfield crying

Iker Casillas, the best Madrid player in the Anfield debacle, left Anfield pitch crying. Raul, watching the keeper in this emotional state, made his captain role, and went straight to Casillas to try to cheer him up.

Probably number seven reminded Casillas his spectacular game and that spectacular performance avoided the most humilliating spanking Real Madrid ever suffered in their history. Quite simply without Casillas, Real Madrid would have been given the biggest humilliation of their long and legendary history.

No doubt the SKY cúnts will W*nk over Manchester victories or Arsenals, no doubt that if this would have been done my Manchester it would be historical, but no doubt that tomorrow you should read what your rivals said about you. Not the London wánkers.

what are the chances of him doing a Shay Given ?  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:11 am

OMG worst hang over ever  :laugh: what a game jesus christ what can I say? amazing redmen amazing. Now go and do the same to them manc kunts on saturday  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:13 am

Iker has nothing to be ashmaed of , he was fantastic and if it was not for him , this would have been a real riot . Pleased for babel , he actually showed up was interested . He totally skinned , ramos on the flank and great cross for stevie's goal , thats the quality we need and if he can keep this up , he would surely take riera's place . Kuyt as usual , hard work and it paid off .

For me my motm would be masch , he was brilliant tackling was spot on , interception was good .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:16 am

Sabre wrote:First quick articles from Spain, tomorrow it will be one of those days I buy Marca.

Casillas left Anfield crying

Iker Casillas, the best Madrid player in the Anfield debacle, left Anfield pitch crying. Raul, watching the keeper in this emotional state, made his captain role, and went straight to Casillas to try to cheer him up.

Probably number seven reminded Casillas his spectacular game and that spectacular performance avoided the most humilliating spanking Real Madrid ever suffered in their history. Quite simply without Casillas, Real Madrid would have been given the biggest humilliation of their long and legendary history.

No doubt the SKY cúnts will W*nk over Manchester victories or Arsenals, no doubt that if this would have been done my Manchester it would be historical, but no doubt that tomorrow you should read what your rivals said about you. Not the London wánkers.

This is Anfield and what? so what do you think of anfield now?

stick yer everton scarfs and flags up yer @rses gang of gobsh!tes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby beng » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:43 am

beng

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:58 am

I know people have been a bit anti talking about the manager over these last few days, but presumeably if you're going to be complimentary you're allowed to mention him again so I will. 

The first thing he got right as he generally does in European games is he picked the right team. That was the strongest one which was available, and as we've proven many times in the past, when we do that we're a good side.

The second thing which I really liked was that we went on the attack from the off. That's not necessarily raining shots down on their goal (although we did do that) but it was the way in which we attacked the play, high tempo, pressing in all areas of the pitch, first to every ball. It would have been very easy to allow the game to drift into a chess war, and we avoided that situation by pressing the life out of them early. As I said after the first leg, I don't actually think they are the best representitives of La Liga I've seen by a long chalk, but they did show in the second half when it all slowed down that they could potentially have presented a problem had we allowed the game to go that way. I think we would probably have too much fpr them any which way they played, but it would have been more dangerous for sure to have played at their pace.

All in all it was a fantastic performance by all concerned. I expected to win the match, but not like that. Although Madrid will be disappointed with their effort on the night, you can only play as well as the oposition let you, and we simply put a couple of nails in the roof of their traps while the hare was going round. Once it had gone past, try as they might they could't get out of the box.

Yes there is probably a "why can't we play like that more often" feeling in most everyone, but at the end of the day we played to the absolute optimim of our potential and no team does that very often. We are though in all probability going to have to revisit at least the vicintiy of those hieghts if we are going to get a positive result at the weekend.

My one request of the manager is that we resist the temptation to tinker and to meddle. The same team, no changes is what is needed IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:11 am

la Machina roja

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 am

Ciggy wrote:la Machina roja

the red machine?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:17 am

We did it guys :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 am

Ciggy wrote:OMG worst hang over ever  :laugh: what a game jesus christ what can I say? amazing redmen amazing. Now go and do the same to them manc kunts on saturday  :buttrock

I concur........we should trailer park thrash manure 6 or 7 zero......... That could be the start of the blimmmpppp and it all goes pear shaped for them...hhhahhaha
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 am

Salty Sock wrote:We did it guys :)

Sure did
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 am

Espionage wrote:
Salty Sock wrote:We did it guys :)

Sure did

yea  :)
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion