LIVERPOOL (1) v (0) REAL MADRID- 2nd leg - Back to the champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 am

heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:My moneys going on Kuyt :nod

Yeah why not, he's been playing well lately. Or maybe Eggnog will actually prove he's a striker, he is still no where near convincing me yet.

Im tellin yeh Hiemdell put your money on him. Youll be sorry when me moneys janglin in me pocket . :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:With SG due in court in a few days i am not sure his mind is in the right place right now.

Well the fella who threw the bottle has had the charges dropped against him, so I am expecting the same will happen to Gerrard.

Call me cynical but I suspect the courts hope that people have changes of heart in the wait between the incidents and the court appearance. That and out of court settlements that don't require trials etc

It also gives everyone involved the chance to get the jitters, can make witnesses a little more prone to fold under questioning. Evidence can also get mislaid etc, one trial I was on had the evidence "compromised" by incorrect police procedures, but then again I'm not sure it would have proved the case for the prosecution anyway as almost any fingerprint evidence can be explained away - much like the McCanns and DNA found in the boot of a hire car.................. Such evidence doesn't come with a date stamp
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:15 pm

This is anfield & what? marca's headline.

You will see tonight and What.

http://www.marca.com/multimedia/primeras/09/03/0310.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Despite all the talk the last days about Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun, I think absolutely key to the game in Madrid was the performance of Xabi Alonso. Given the freedom of the park by the excellent display of Masch, Alonso destroyed the opposition with his composure, vision and creativity from midfield.

If it was an Italian team who were coming to Anfield in this situation, I think they would designate a player to sit on Alonso and try to take his influence out of the game. But I dont think Real will do that, it's not their natural game. They will come to play football. I dont think they will try to play a stifling game. They have creative players and they have to score at least one goal if not more.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:36 pm

We need to get the 1st goal and then they will have to come out and attack us. I hope Torres plays some part.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 pm

I think it will be an ultra defensive line up tonight with both holding mifielders playing and the triad of Gerrard, Kyut and Aurelio playing in front with possibly Babel up front if Torres is unfit!
loopyliverpool

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:01 pm

rest Gerrard & torres for man u. beat madrid without them two then we can really take the p1ss.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:13 pm

apparently in the 29 times in european competition we've gone back to anfield with a lead we've gone through every time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:23 pm

i guess it's a make or break week for Rafa really. get it wrong tonight he'll have some huge pressure on him.

lets hope he does the right thing tonight then hey? I cant see us losing really. reckon we could get that early goal then go on to win 3-1 on the night. (kuyt, eggnog, babel)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:25 pm

What about Arbeloa? I wouldn´t like to see masch playing on the right back again and Lucas instead of him in the midfield.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Lee J wrote:rest Gerrard & torres for man u. beat madrid without them two then we can really take the p1ss.

I wish it, but it´s an utopia.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 pm

How are the media in Spain feeling about the game Sabre?

I ask because there's no way Real Madrid can be as bad as they were in the first leg. Players like Raul, Robben, Higuian, Sneijder, Guti, Van Der Vaart are more than capable of unlocking a defense. There's talk that Diarra (who's been excellent for them since signing) won't start.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:24 pm

In Madrid they're defiant, and the kind of statement used is the one that Ciggy wrote: "This is Anfield... So what?"

As for instance wrote "This is Anfield... Yes, but we're Real Madrid"

They think that Liverpool can't have another spot on day keeping them under control. They remember unlikely wins in European nights, they have their own record of "magic nights" and they remember those, last of those was the 2-3 victory at Old Trafford in 2001.

That's the mood in the headlines. In the inner pages of newspapers, you read more respect to Liverpool. Full documentaries on the club and their history. On Paisley and Shankly. That is, in terms of respect, you can't compare the respect Liverpool are getting compared to other clubs bar the "first pages" of Marca and AS.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Probably what Rafa's on about re:respect for LFC acheivmets in Europe.

Any how - fully backing us to go thru.. Anfield... they, ain't seen nowt yet !

Get in Rafa's reds.. beat these poaching bast'ardos!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 pm

I love the European games ,the hairs on the back of my neck stand to the crackle of the atmosphere ,Anfield is transported back to the glory days ,and we the lucky inhabitants are invited along for the ride.
I honestly can not wait for the game tonight ,taking my lad ...
C'MON YOU REDMEN .   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion