Liverpool 1-1 man city. - The sensible reaction thread.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 am

Salty Sock wrote:
Bam wrote:I've only just seen the match the inet here went down and TBH I wish now it had stayed down ...

IMO thats our title season over !

I've lost any faith in the players now and indirectly I suppose that also reflects on Rafa, as he's the man who's brought in players like Lucas, Kuyt, Dossena and Babel.

We cant even break down a Jenga block let or lone any kind of organised defence. Players like Lucas and Kuyt arent the kind of players you need when you need to get a result. And before any of the Kuytillians pipe up, and point out the goal he scored. I'll simply say this, we may possibly of scored many many more goals throughout this season and last if he wasnt so prone in helping the oppo's defence out. I've seen far to many times we counter or start a promising attack for old lead foot to break our attack down with his awful touch.

Even though Lucas didnt have his worse game, he too seems to lend a helping hand to our opposition by giving our silly/stupid fouls that are needless. Neither him nor Kuyt help out our attack, and with a defensive partner in Mascha our attack really is a non-starter.

Too many Long balls from defensive and no decent creative football through the midfield has cost us dearly this season. This I suppose reflects the managers set-up and therefore he needs to hold his hands up. I said last season that we need to be more cavalier in our approach yet nothing has changed even if it is as obvious as the nose upon your face.

Its becoming routine and tedious to watch the side break down another team and then kill them off, looking at the average Riera, Lucas, Mascha,Babel, Kuyt and Benayoun who had a good game IMO just tells its own story. Our players simply arent good enough, Mascha is and I like him, he does his job well but in an attacking sense we're fecking dire. And if we cant break down a woeful away side like Citeh we dont deserve the league.

I do feel another 5, 10, 15 year plan coming on, much of this squad needs to be shipped out and a building process yet again neeetds to start. I dont think Rafa will change his pragmatic, scattergun approach in the transfer market and on the field respectively and if not a new manager is a must.

Fickle ? I dont give a feck, say what you want. Thats football.

I like your thoughts, I agree.. I like Rafa but I am questioning my orbidaliency as to mayhaps Liverpool is doing as it is simply just because of what it is, not because of Rafa's 'greatness'. Mayheps Liverpool is getting by on the players and soul of Liverpool, and COULD do better maybe? I weight up the prons and cons of Rafa, and the players he bring in are a detroitment to Liverpool. I think we should offer Ronaldinho, he would work amazing with Gerrard and Torres.. just think?

offer Ronaldinho ? how ?  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Salty Sock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:12 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Salty Sock wrote:
Bam wrote:I've only just seen the match the inet here went down and TBH I wish now it had stayed down ...

IMO thats our title season over !

I've lost any faith in the players now and indirectly I suppose that also reflects on Rafa, as he's the man who's brought in players like Lucas, Kuyt, Dossena and Babel.

We cant even break down a Jenga block let or lone any kind of organised defence. Players like Lucas and Kuyt arent the kind of players you need when you need to get a result. And before any of the Kuytillians pipe up, and point out the goal he scored. I'll simply say this, we may possibly of scored many many more goals throughout this season and last if he wasnt so prone in helping the oppo's defence out. I've seen far to many times we counter or start a promising attack for old lead foot to break our attack down with his awful touch.

Even though Lucas didnt have his worse game, he too seems to lend a helping hand to our opposition by giving our silly/stupid fouls that are needless. Neither him nor Kuyt help out our attack, and with a defensive partner in Mascha our attack really is a non-starter.

Too many Long balls from defensive and no decent creative football through the midfield has cost us dearly this season. This I suppose reflects the managers set-up and therefore he needs to hold his hands up. I said last season that we need to be more cavalier in our approach yet nothing has changed even if it is as obvious as the nose upon your face.

Its becoming routine and tedious to watch the side break down another team and then kill them off, looking at the average Riera, Lucas, Mascha,Babel, Kuyt and Benayoun who had a good game IMO just tells its own story. Our players simply arent good enough, Mascha is and I like him, he does his job well but in an attacking sense we're fecking dire. And if we cant break down a woeful away side like Citeh we dont deserve the league.

I do feel another 5, 10, 15 year plan coming on, much of this squad needs to be shipped out and a building process yet again neeetds to start. I dont think Rafa will change his pragmatic, scattergun approach in the transfer market and on the field respectively and if not a new manager is a must.

Fickle ? I dont give a feck, say what you want. Thats football.

I like your thoughts, I agree.. I like Rafa but I am questioning my orbidaliency as to mayhaps Liverpool is doing as it is simply just because of what it is, not because of Rafa's 'greatness'. Mayheps Liverpool is getting by on the players and soul of Liverpool, and COULD do better maybe? I weight up the prons and cons of Rafa, and the players he bring in are a detroitment to Liverpool. I think we should offer Ronaldinho, he would work amazing with Gerrard and Torres.. just think?

offer Ronaldinho ? how ?  :D

Sell Kuyt and Babel and others and pay as much as we need to. Everything else is ok!!
Glad you agree :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 am

I like the way Kuyt scores, spares us our first home defeat in ages, and is still scapegoated! He may not be perfect, but he contributes more in goals etc than most of the rest of the team. Joint second top scorer with Torres, behind Gerrard and I think Keane may be clear in fourth. And some may not like this, but at least Kuyt is always available, pops up with vital goals that keep us in the Champions League (Standard Liege) and isn't absent through injury (Gerrard and Torres) or in court for assault. He gets on with his job, no whinging like Benayoun and Babel about not playing or playing out of position, no contract doubts like with Agger. Kuyt would be well down my list of players to sell, I'd get rid of all those who only want to be here for money, if they're playing every game or don't give a damn. If only the so called "better players" gave 100% like Kuyt every game then maybe we'd not be drawing so many games. In fact if only some of the players' 100% was good enough, Kuyt's is.

We won't get Ronaldinho, not likely even if Rafa left.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion