Liverpool 1-1 man city. - The sensible reaction thread.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 am

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:
teamleader1 wrote:Ive said it for a while now that Rafa will NEVER win us the title!
The mans self obsessed, its all about him.
I hope the yanks have the bottle to fk him right off, anyone who believes that we have made great strides under him is deluding themselves
I was embarrassed sitting in Anfield yesterday watching another clueless performance, we have limped out of the title race through Rafas stupidity
Blindly supporting him is just a load of :censored:  :angry:
Only for the fact that both Chelsea & Arsenal have dropped thier standards this season we would be firmly in 4th place.
I for one would be happy to see him go now with Lucas and Dossena under his arm!

Wouldn't that be fecking hilarious if at his first press conference as Real Madrid manager he announces his exciting new signings, Dossena, Lucas and............. goal machine Kuyt!! Oh I'd fecking pay to see that.  :wwww

No it wouldnt Hiemdell,Because i want him here not at Madrid, You wouldnt be laughing if he announced his first signing were Alonso an Riena now would you.

An the other fella who said because Chelsea an Arsenal have dropped there standards ,  we would be fighting for fourth Dont make me laugh, Have you ever for one minute thought we have got better, An thats why they are below us,

Is this the same Alonso he was trying to off load to finance the Barry deal?
Was that one of his master strokes?

And if he gets his own way he WILL off load him this summer and get Barry in if Villa dont make the CL

Oh and I thought starting our 3rd choice L/B yesterday was brilliant tactics, we had to waste a sub by replacing him with the man who should have started the game ffs!
teamleader1

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:18 am

teamleader1 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:
teamleader1 wrote:Ive said it for a while now that Rafa will NEVER win us the title!
The mans self obsessed, its all about him.
I hope the yanks have the bottle to fk him right off, anyone who believes that we have made great strides under him is deluding themselves
I was embarrassed sitting in Anfield yesterday watching another clueless performance, we have limped out of the title race through Rafas stupidity
Blindly supporting him is just a load of :censored:  :angry:
Only for the fact that both Chelsea & Arsenal have dropped thier standards this season we would be firmly in 4th place.
I for one would be happy to see him go now with Lucas and Dossena under his arm!

Wouldn't that be fecking hilarious if at his first press conference as Real Madrid manager he announces his exciting new signings, Dossena, Lucas and............. goal machine Kuyt!! Oh I'd fecking pay to see that.  :wwww

No it wouldnt Hiemdell,Because i want him here not at Madrid, You wouldnt be laughing if he announced his first signing were Alonso an Riena now would you.

An the other fella who said because Chelsea an Arsenal have dropped there standards ,  we would be fighting for fourth Dont make me laugh, Have you ever for one minute thought we have got better, An thats why they are below us,

Is this the same Alonso he was trying to off load to finance the Barry deal?
Was that one of his master strokes?

And if he gets his own way he WILL off load him this summer and get Barry in if Villa dont make the CL

Oh and I thought starting our 3rd choice L/B yesterday was brilliant tactics, we had to waste a sub by replacing him with the man who should have started the game ffs!

Id like to ask you a question here , Yes we know offers were made for Xabi. But did you or anyone else hear Rafa coming out on the telly with words from his own mouth that Xabi was for sale did you hear him say i want to sell Xabi. because i never.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 am

No it was all a dream ffs!

Do you honestly believe he was never up for sale and Barry was meant to replace him?

:p  :D
teamleader1

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:35 am

“We knew Alonso was a very good player and as a result he had a good price (on his head). We had offers, but they were not enough so we decided he needed to stay with us."
"It could be that he does stay with us."
"For me it is not a problem if he stays or not. He can stay, we always have felt he is a good player
daily post

You are fooling yourself Nanny if you think Rafa wasn't willing to sell Alonso. Try finding a quote that Alonso WASN'T for sale. As soon as the rumours about Torres and Gerrard appeared, Rafa was straight out saying they wern't for sale. Alonso........... not a word until the crowd started chanting in support of Alonso ....... he then came out with the above quotes......... hardly a glowing support of Alonso staying even then!
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:42 am

Oh you dont get what i mean. im not gettin in to an argument with anyone tonight but what i was trying to say is i never heard it out of his mouth that he wanted to sell him, FFS IM CONFUSING MYSELF NOW,

Offers were made yes. more than one yes an if the right amount of money would of been offerd yes he would have gone , But what im trying to say is i dont think he was trying to shaft Xabi out of the club, he would of like to have had them both. ok
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 am

NANNY RED wrote:Oh you dont get what i mean. im not gettin in to an argument with anyone tonight but what i was trying to say is i never heard it out of his mouth that he wanted to sell him, FFS IM CONFUSING MYSELF NOW,

Offers were made yes. more than one yes an if the right amount of money would of been offerd yes he would have gone , But what im trying to say is i dont think he was trying to shaft Xabi out of the club, he would of like to have had them both. ok

As far as I am aware Alonso WANTED TO STAY. So the ONLY person who decided that Alonso was surplus to requirements was Rafa. He decided he would prefer Barry. I am sure he would have liked them BOTH, but that wasn't really possible was it? Personally I have never blamed Rafa for this. Alonso was not playing well, and hadn't for a while, and Barry IS a very good player.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:53 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Oh you dont get what i mean. im not gettin in to an argument with anyone tonight but what i was trying to say is i never heard it out of his mouth that he wanted to sell him, FFS IM CONFUSING MYSELF NOW,

As far as I am aware Alonso WANTED TO STAY. So the ONLY person who decided that Alonso was surplus to requirements was Rafa. He decided he would prefer Barry. I am sure he would have liked them BOTH, but that wasn't really possible was it? Personally I have never blamed Rafa for this. Alonso was not playing well, and hadn't for a while, and Barry IS a very good player.

Ok saint .  :;):
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am

I've only just seen the match the inet here went down and TBH I wish now it had stayed down ...

IMO thats our title season over !

I've lost any faith in the players now and indirectly I suppose that also reflects on Rafa, as he's the man who's brought in players like Lucas, Kuyt, Dossena and Babel.

We cant even break down a Jenga block let or lone any kind of organised defence. Players like Lucas and Kuyt arent the kind of players you need when you need to get a result. And before any of the Kuytillians pipe up, and point out the goal he scored. I'll simply say this, we may possibly of scored many many more goals throughout this season and last if he wasnt so prone in helping the oppo's defence out. I've seen far to many times we counter or start a promising attack for old lead foot to break our attack down with his awful touch.

Even though Lucas didnt have his worse game, he too seems to lend a helping hand to our opposition by giving our silly/stupid fouls that are needless. Neither him nor Kuyt help out our attack, and with a defensive partner in Mascha our attack really is a non-starter.

Too many Long balls from defensive and no decent creative football through the midfield has cost us dearly this season. This I suppose reflects the managers set-up and therefore he needs to hold his hands up. I said last season that we need to be more cavalier in our approach yet nothing has changed even if it is as obvious as the nose upon your face.

Its becoming routine and tedious to watch the side break down another team and then kill them off, looking at the average Riera, Lucas, Mascha,Babel, Kuyt and Benayoun who had a good game IMO just tells its own story. Our players simply arent good enough, Mascha is and I like him, he does his job well but in an attacking sense we're fecking dire. And if we cant break down a woeful away side like Citeh we dont deserve the league.

I do feel another 5, 10, 15 year plan coming on, much of this squad needs to be shipped out and a building process yet again neeetds to start. I dont think Rafa will change his pragmatic, scattergun approach in the transfer market and on the field respectively and if not a new manager is a must.

Fickle ? I dont give a feck, say what you want. Thats football.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm

bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:
zarababe wrote:looksa like those missed opportunities could cost us!

Indeed it does. It did at the time we were missing them as well to be perfectly honest. This is what made it all the more mistifying why bands of people on here tried to pour scorn on anyone who said drawing at Home with Stoke for instance,  wasn't a good result and would cost us in the end.

Surely we are still second though! I wonder what they'll say when we're third or even fourth, I can't wait  :sleep

Well whatever anyone says mate, I'll be respecting their right to have an opinion. That's all some of us ever asked for, the right to be able to have an opinion without being shouted down. The fact that the opinions were often proven to be correct is neither here nor there, it's just a football forum at the end of the day and everyone was and is entitled to a point of view.

In fairness to you, I'm certain you feel the same way as well.

As for what we should do from here, we could always "bring in Big Sam yeah 

It's heimdall Yeh - now BM, we missed out on Big Sam  :upside:

Having hindsight before the event, was just not someting I could entertain, in the hope that such results would not cost us. In fact I was not that blinded that I did not realise such a scenario, but the wish for Benitez to succeed has been overwhelming for me.. I want him to succeed.

The amount of 'anti' on here however, is a reason to sit on the other side of the fence, this place is not a place for LFC supporteres who want Rafa to succeed, so... I still hope that under his tutlidge we can win it .. in fact I pray for it !

It ain't over .. so UP RAFA's Reds.. and yeh I still think you lot deserve BIG SAM YEH !!!   :buttrock (buy out his contract  :rasp )

:D
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 pm

My view is that - :

We've blown our best chance to win the league in 20 years

Chelsea and Arsenal won't be as bad next year

Utd look likely to win a treble at least, which is just f**king depressing

We haven't played well since xmas, barely scraping past Pompey and looking very average against City

We are carrying too many average players (Lucas and Dossena being the worst culprits)

We lack fire power, and can't splash the cash on what we need (David Villa) like Utd have been able to in the past (Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all around £30m)

I worry that we'll now be overtaken by Chelsea for 2nd as they have new purpose with the new manager

Something is afoot with Rafa, and this has to be worrying/affecting the players.  All these off the field rumblings are just beyond a joke, and need sorting once and for all.

The season is over now, with little chance of a CL win, and after a barren Jan window, I fear we'll only sell in the summer, and bring in more squad players who will continue the trend of drawing too many games against mid table teams.

One player isn't the answer, but I would bet that David Villa would be a damn good stab at an answer.
mkingdom

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:45 pm

mkingdom wrote:My view is that - :

We haven't played well since xmas, barely scraping past Pompey and looking very average against City

We are carrying too many average players (Lucas and Dossena being the worst culprits)

We lack fire power, and can't splash the cash on what we need (David Villa) like Utd have been able to in the past (Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all around £30m)

I worry that we'll now be overtaken by Chelsea for 2nd as they have new purpose with the new manager

Something is afoot with Rafa, and this has to be worrying/affecting the players.  All these off the field rumblings are just beyond a joke, and need sorting once and for all.

The season is over now, with little chance of a CL win, and after a barren Jan window, I fear we'll only sell in the summer, and bring in more squad players who will continue the trend of drawing too many games against mid table teams.

One player isn't the answer, but I would bet that David Villa would be a damn good stab at an answer.

Stop fúcking moaning you pussy, you think you´re the first one to realise we´ve blown our best chance to win the league?

Where´s yer bottle you lot... all this moaning like a 2 year old girl.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Reg wrote:
mkingdom wrote:My view is that - :

Stop fúcking moaning you pussy, you think you´re the first one to realise we´ve blown our best chance to win the league?

Where´s yer bottle you lot... all this moaning like a 2 year old girl.

How foolish I was to post such nonsense 

WTF has bottle got to do with it anyway???

I should of course have said that everything is fine and our squad is good enough to win the league and it will all be OK....even though anyone with half a brain can see it isn't.

to$$er.  :no
mkingdom

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:39 am

And to think this was only a few days ago, from doldrums to dreamland via the shiny forehead of Yossi Benayoun  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 am

bigmick wrote:And to think this was only a few days ago, from doldrums to dreamland via the shiny forehead of Yossi Benayoun  :D

I really don't think tonight papers over the cracks for many on here, for me, certainly not
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Salty Sock » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:51 am

Bam wrote:I've only just seen the match the inet here went down and TBH I wish now it had stayed down ...

IMO thats our title season over !

I've lost any faith in the players now and indirectly I suppose that also reflects on Rafa, as he's the man who's brought in players like Lucas, Kuyt, Dossena and Babel.

We cant even break down a Jenga block let or lone any kind of organised defence. Players like Lucas and Kuyt arent the kind of players you need when you need to get a result. And before any of the Kuytillians pipe up, and point out the goal he scored. I'll simply say this, we may possibly of scored many many more goals throughout this season and last if he wasnt so prone in helping the oppo's defence out. I've seen far to many times we counter or start a promising attack for old lead foot to break our attack down with his awful touch.

Even though Lucas didnt have his worse game, he too seems to lend a helping hand to our opposition by giving our silly/stupid fouls that are needless. Neither him nor Kuyt help out our attack, and with a defensive partner in Mascha our attack really is a non-starter.

Too many Long balls from defensive and no decent creative football through the midfield has cost us dearly this season. This I suppose reflects the managers set-up and therefore he needs to hold his hands up. I said last season that we need to be more cavalier in our approach yet nothing has changed even if it is as obvious as the nose upon your face.

Its becoming routine and tedious to watch the side break down another team and then kill them off, looking at the average Riera, Lucas, Mascha,Babel, Kuyt and Benayoun who had a good game IMO just tells its own story. Our players simply arent good enough, Mascha is and I like him, he does his job well but in an attacking sense we're fecking dire. And if we cant break down a woeful away side like Citeh we dont deserve the league.

I do feel another 5, 10, 15 year plan coming on, much of this squad needs to be shipped out and a building process yet again neeetds to start. I dont think Rafa will change his pragmatic, scattergun approach in the transfer market and on the field respectively and if not a new manager is a must.

Fickle ? I dont give a feck, say what you want. Thats football.

I like your thoughts, I agree.. I like Rafa but I am questioning my orbidaliency as to mayhaps Liverpool is doing as it is simply just because of what it is, not because of Rafa's 'greatness'. Mayheps Liverpool is getting by on the players and soul of Liverpool, and COULD do better maybe? I weight up the prons and cons of Rafa, and the players he bring in are a detroitment to Liverpool. I think we should offer Ronaldinho, he would work amazing with Gerrard and Torres.. just think?
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion