Liverpool 1-1 man city. - The sensible reaction thread.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:29 am

we've beaten chelsea 2 times and the mancs... that's progress compared to the seasons before... weren't you lot saying last season unless we can beat our rivals head to head we are not good enough? so we've progressed..
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:37 am

maguskwt wrote:we've beaten chelsea 2 times and the mancs... that's progress compared to the seasons before... weren't you lot saying last season unless we can beat our rivals head to head we are not good enough? so we've progressed..

That would be fine if we didn't draw 10 bloody matchs.Its all fine knocking out mike tyson but if next day you get chined by a granny then where are you ?

At job center looking for a new profession prob.

What rafa needs to do tbh get down job center he aint no prem manager.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:39 am

Rockthekop wrote:There has been a few slight improvements sure but not where it counts.

We still draw far too many games, we still play the most mind numbing negative football, we still have a serious lack of quality in the squad, we still rely on Torres and Gerrard. 

At least we are consistent, consistently average.  You can count the number of times on one hand that we have played well this season, the rest of the time it's been painful to watch.

Totally agree. We're only kidding ourselves to suggest otherwise!
loopyliverpool

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:03 pm

The bottom line is we just don't have the quality and strength in depth that United have. The other day they brought on Tevez where as we brought on El Zhar yesterday. That's the difference. They've been without Rooney for 8 games but they've still got Ronaldo, Berbatov and Tevez in reserve.

They've also got goals all throughout the team. All their forwards are in double figures for the season, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Carrick all chip in and they've got a centre back in Vidic who's scored 6 already from centre half. Our centre backs pose no threat whatsoever apart from Hyypia who plays less regularly these days anyway.

Yesterday was painful to watch at times. I said before the game that if we played Lucas and Mascherano that we'd struggle to create and that was exactly the case. It's hardly rocket science. Their passing all day was absolutely dreadful. Watched the highlights on MOTD last night and even at his age, you see Spud pulling the strings for Fulham and even now, he'd offer more to our side than a lot of our current players. Dossena was a joke aswell and how he gets picked ahead of Aurelio is beyond me. Kuyt popped up with another important goal but his first touch is shocking for a so called professional footballer. Torres just isn't himself at all.

Oh well, it looks as if we're playing for second now.  :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:27 pm

stmichael wrote:The bottom line is we just don't have the quality and strength in depth that United have. The other day they brought on Tevez where as we brought on El Zhar yesterday. That's the difference. They've been without Rooney for 8 games but they've still got Ronaldo, Berbatov and Tevez in reserve.

They've also got goals all throughout the team. All their forwards are in double figures for the season, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Carrick all chip in and they've got a centre back in Vidic who's scored 6 already from centre half. Our centre backs pose no threat whatsoever apart from Hyypia who plays less regularly these days anyway.

Yesterday was painful to watch at times. I said before the game that if we played Lucas and Mascherano that we'd struggle to create and that was exactly the case. It's hardly rocket science. Their passing all day was absolutely dreadful. Watched the highlights on MOTD last night and even at his age, you see Spud pulling the strings for Fulham and even now, he'd offer more to our side than a lot of our current players. Dossena was a joke aswell and how he gets picked ahead of Aurelio is beyond me. Kuyt popped up with another important goal but his first touch is shocking for a so called professional footballer. Torres just isn't himself at all.

Oh well, it looks as if we're playing for second now.  :(

very true and top it of chavs have now a great manager who might just boost there league form I am not sure on our current form 2nd is deffo.

Bad Times Image
If rafa goes from 1st and 8 point lead to 3rd and around 10 points behind should he be given and 2nd chance.

If so he gonna have to stand up and say sorry alot of these players i brought in just can't cut it and ship them out in summer asap.

If he gets a new contract with all the pew pew bits he wants I hope for the love of all that is holy he can buy the right players this time.

But to be frank I can't see it happening he just prob buy even worse players.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Why's that hairy comedian bloke in the middle of your post Barnesy  ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm

bigmick wrote:Why's that hairy comedian bloke in the middle of your post Barnesy  ???

Careful there Mick - that's his missus....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 pm

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Ive said it for a while now that Rafa will NEVER win us the title!
The mans self obsessed, its all about him.
I hope the yanks have the bottle to fk him right off, anyone who believes that we have made great strides under him is deluding themselves
I was embarrassed sitting in Anfield yesterday watching another clueless performance, we have limped out of the title race through Rafas stupidity
Blindly supporting him is just a load of :censored:  :angry:
Only for the fact that both Chelsea & Arsenal have dropped thier standards this season we would be firmly in 4th place.
I for one would be happy to see him go now with Lucas and Dossena under his arm!
teamleader1

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 pm

teamleader1 wrote:Ive said it for a while now that Rafa will NEVER win us the title!
I hope the yanks have the bottle to fk him right off, anyone who believes that we have made great strides under him is deluding themselves
I was embarrassed sitting in Anfield yesterday watching another clueless performance, we have limped out of the title race through Rafas stupidity
Only for the fact that both Chelsea & Arsenal have dropped thier standards this season we would be firmly in 4th place.
I for one would be happy to see him go now with Lucas and Dossena under his arm!

Wouldn't that be fecking hilarious if at his first press conference as Real Madrid manager he announces his exciting new signings, Dossena, Lucas and............. goal machine Kuyt!! Oh I'd fecking pay to see that.  :wwww
heimdall

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 pm

teamleader1 wrote:Ive said it for a while now that Rafa will NEVER win us the title!

Maybe you would be less bashful if you were standing fella ,and as for your affinity with them American assassins well thats  below contempt ,its fans like you thats turning Anfield into a graveyard ,with your hate and bile you spout ,heres to being delusional if the other option open to me is standing in the same tier as you .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:

Maybe you would be less bashful if you were standing fella ,and as for your affinity with them American assassins well thats  below contempt ,its fans like you thats turning Anfield into a graveyard ,with your hate and bile you spout ,heres to being delusional if the other option open to me is standing in the same tier as you .

And I reckon people like you dont actualy see or dont want to see whats really going on! Just like me your entitled to your opinion.
You think Rafa can do no wrong, I think hes not good enough for LFC!
Oh and whats this :censored: about standing up? I stood on the kop for many a year when there was REAL atmosphere in the grounds so dont think your doing anything special compared to everyone else in the ground.
teamleader1

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 pm

I see fella, its just my utter disappointment that fans like you are creeping in to Anfield.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 am

Likewise fella!

I think ive followed LFC for long enough to have an opinion if thats ok with you?
Then again I dont go in the kop these days, not like you real supporters 

:D
teamleader1

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:27 am

heimdall wrote:

Wouldn't that be fecking hilarious if at his first press conference as Real Madrid manager he announces his exciting new signings, Dossena, Lucas and............. goal machine Kuyt!! Oh I'd fecking pay to see that.  :wwww

No it wouldnt Hiemdell,Because i want him here not at Madrid, You wouldnt be laughing if he announced his first signing were Alonso an Riena now would you.

An the other fella who said because Chelsea an Arsenal have dropped there standards ,  we would be fighting for fourth Dont make me laugh, Have you ever for one minute thought we have got better, An thats why they are below us,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion