LFC VS CHELSEA - Build up...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:13 am

We were unlucky at home against Birm, but looking forward we have Chelsea away, at 4pm 5th Feb (sunday).

Gotta to say I am looking forward to this one. Looking at our results over the last few games, on paper it looks like we are in a form slum. I don't think so, having watched those games we dominated and created chances. What we couldn't do is convert these chances (sure a decent striker would increase the chances) and kill teams off.

Chelsea on the other hand are getting slightly complacent if you ask me. I am sure they will be up for this one, but after what they did to us at home, I reckon the lads will be very fired up.

Expecting a few yellows in this one, just hope Sissoko can maintain his energy without picking up a yellow.

LFC 2 - 0 CFC.
Garcia 42'
Fowler 79'

C'mmmmon Red Men !!!!!

PS i had a look on the CFC official site, they have a poll to see what trophy they would most like to win (you have to vote first to see the results, i voted for the FA Cup) 73% of them want ol' big ears.

5 times baby !!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:38 am

I don't see us dropping points at Stamford Bridge. Its gonna be a physical and furious paced match, and I think we will nick a goal. Don't think Fowler will play a huge part in this one. We had some key players rested against Birmingham, so I think the lads will be well up for it. Look for Alonso to make up for that OG, he'll be out to make amends.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:47 am

I'm not sure about this one.

It will take a massive effort to even nick a point. Sh*tski will be keen to do the double over us and somehow in their pathetic little World, make up for the CL loss last season ( ??? ).

I cannot see Fowler doing a lot against their defence. If he was fit - yes, I think he'd score. But he isn't.

I'd go for Crouch and Garcia upfront.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:55 am

For reasons that i cant explain i feeling fairly confident about this one ,but thats probably the heart rather then the head doing the typing.
Win would be massive but an away point against them would be handy as well in our current situation

Of course i have to go with Robbie coming off the bench and getting that injury time winner , that part has been totally written by the heart  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:56 am

PS
Whats with all these 4 pm KO for the Pool recently, whatever happened to the midday KO making it a better viewing time for us far away fans
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 am

1-0 win is enough for us. We should go for an early goal and prevent them from getting an equaliser. That's the safest way to do because if we let them score, i cant see us winning. Who cares if they called us 'one trick pony' or etc. They're doing the same thing after all.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 am

laza wrote:PS
Whats with all these 4 pm KO for the Pool recently, whatever happened to the midday KO making it a better viewing time for us far away fans

yeah, i had to get up at 3 am this morning to watch the game, go back to bed at 5 and then get up again at 6.30   :angry:

but the 4 pms are ok for South East Asia, its not too bad  a time.

on the subject of chelski, i have a feeling we will do them on sunday. they seem to be hitting an indifferent patch
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:13 am

diddiers drag bar

:D :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:16 am

fuck chelsea
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:46 am

Seeing that Chelsea are somewhat off form could be a positive for us. They aren't playing anywhere near their potential and we're starting to become more and more fluent at winning (ignoring little slip ups like last night!), so I think a win is possible under the circumstances. I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw though.

The one thing I would say is that I think after recent games its been clear we need more of a cutting edge up front, with this in mind I would not be surprised if Rafa starts Fowler on sunday, partnering Crouch rather than Morientes.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:10 am

Its definately the best time to play them... as they're on a slump, but so are we: 4 points from our last 4 league games. Though we have been unlucky (lastnight + manure)... That said we really need to fire on all cylinders to even get a point....

... which i think we will..... C'mon redmen!!!!   1-0 to the pool...crouch '57
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:11 am

They havent looked nothing special the last few weeks and some tired legs there and its starting to take its toll, its going to cost them the CL.
With the amount of expensive rent boys Maureen has at his disposal he cannot rotate Lampard and John "handball" Terry.
Villa should have beat them last night, they where rubbish against Everton.
It all depends on what Liverpool turn up on sunday, if we play our passing game and not show them any respect then we could come away from Rent Boy Bridge with 3 points. :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:24 am

I'm confident. We do look good at the moment, apart from that lack of cutting edge in the box. And it's for that reason that I think Rafa may start with Robbie, and look to have enough on the board to bring him off mid-second half.
ivor_the_injun

Postby flipmode » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:31 am

I can see Chelsea panicing in this one, 2-1 to us, COME ON REDS
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:53 am

Personally I think a point would be a great result for us. They have been off-colour these last few weeks but so have we in some respects if we're honest. Defensively we don't quite have that same rock-solid look we did a month ago while the form of our front men, particularly Morientes and Cisse who are and will continue to be a complete waste of time hardly inspires confidence. I think we have a slightly tired look about us right now and I'm sure all the Manure fans have this one pencilled in as a Home win in their points predictions for us. I'd take and will predict a 1-1.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion