LFC VS CHELSEA - Build up...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul_Poland » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:10 am

At last! :-) :D :D :D  There is good side of that story. That Dudek will get back where is his place! I hope that he`ll improve everyone that he`s still great goalkeeper!
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:28 am

SSSSHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSKKKKKIIIIIIIIII SCUM!

Robben - you deserve a f*cking good hiding you diving, cheating, weasely f*cking :censored:-gobber.

That was an absolute JOKE of a decision by the ref.

Aside from that - the tackle on Eidur "let's dive, dive, dive 'cos I'm an albino w*nker" was CLEAN.
It was a GOOD tackle. He got the ball, and the chess-playing 50-year-old-looking Dutch b*stard should never have got involved.
The Albino really wants to watch his step.
Robben the B*stard needs a f*cking bullet.

BTW - we dominated them, without creating good enough chances.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:05 am

All i can say is that chelsea 2-0 is a fair result, but it could have easily been liverpool 2-0 and it still would have been fair. blah blah blah we need a striker, we already knew that, Crouch is quality but is not what we need until we get wingers. Today we were too narrow and it seemed to nullify Crouch as whenever he got the ball he was surrounded with no space to move. Most of his headers that people say were golden opportunites, look at the replay, i think all apart from one he was on the full stretch and physically could not get them on-goal.

I must admit that I lost alot of confidence in our ability to win after that early goal, after the second i just wanted it to stay that way.
Reina showed a lack of discipline that he probably feels pretty stupid about now, only time will tell on how much impact that will have.
But there was one positive, thoughout the whole game a argued with a Man U supporter about how Gerrad always back-tracks and gets superb tackles on star players that have just beaten 2-3 people (he did it to Rooney several times in the last couple of games vs them). But Gerrad's tackle on Robben just before time after he embarressed Warnock and someone else (cant remember who) one the wing was absolutely amazing. To me it showed the commitment and he did not want this one to end up like at Anfield earlier this season, another f@cking bullsh!t result that does not reflect performance that Mourinho will brag about in the press :veryangry  :veryangry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:08 am

Espionage wrote:All i can say is that chelsea 2-0 is a fair result, but it could have easily been liverpool 2-0 and it still would have been fair. blah blah blah we need a striker, we already knew that, Crouch is quality but is not what we need until we get wingers. Today we were too narrow and it seemed to nullify Crouch as whenever he got the ball he was surrounded with no space to move. Most of his headers that people say were golden opportunites, look at the replay, i think all apart from one he was on the full stretch and physically could not get them on-goal.

I must admit that I lost alot of confidence in our ability to win after that early goal, after the second i just wanted it to stay that way.
Reina showed a lack of discipline that he probably feels pretty stupid about now, only time will tell on how much impact that will have.
But there was one positive, thoughout the whole game a argued with a Man U supporter about how Gerrad always back-tracks and gets superb tackles on star players that have just beaten 2-3 people (he did it to Rooney several times in the last couple of games vs them). But Gerrad's tackle on Robben just before time after he embarressed Warnock and someone else (cant remember who) one the wing was absolutely amazing. To me it showed the commitment and he did not want this one to end up like at Anfield earlier this season, another f@cking bullsh!t result that does not reflect performance that Mourinho will brag about in the press :veryangry  :veryangry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Reina should had never been sent off. Yes he caught Gudjohnsen but he was going for the ball and he got the ball. A yellow card at best, but a red? Definetly not

-Robben should have been booked for overrreacting.

-Gudjohnsen handled the ball outside of the box before Reina tackled him. If the ref called it a handball, a free kick would had been given along with a yellow card. Reina would had never made a tackle nor would had he got sent off.

We must appeal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:14 am

The difference between the 2 teams was HERNAN CRESPO. and thats what you get with a top class striker.

We were unlucky to go behind, but at 1-0, we're still in the game. At 2-0, its over and we were in danger of losing by 3 or 4.

Crespo gave them what we need most. We needed a striker that can create a chance, and finish off a half chance. We needed it this week, we needed it to kill the game off last week. When Gerrard put that sweet ball across the face of the goal at the beginning of the 2nd half, it had Robbie Fowler's name on it.

Crespo in 30 and so is Robbie. PPl talk about Crespo being in his prime but Robbie's best years are behind him. B o llocks.

Robbie was and can still be as deadly a finisher as Crespo.

Crouch for me is not someone you play against top class teams. He is way too one dimensional to be useful. We dont win 2nd balls from his knock ons where it counts. The last 3rd.

And he cant finish. You only get one or two chances in these games, and you got to take them. And he cant the way a Crespo can.
tel

Postby Espionage » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:28 am

A.B. wrote:
Espionage wrote:All i can say is that chelsea 2-0 is a fair result, but it could have easily been liverpool 2-0 and it still would have been fair. blah blah blah we need a striker, we already knew that, Crouch is quality but is not what we need until we get wingers. Today we were too narrow and it seemed to nullify Crouch as whenever he got the ball he was surrounded with no space to move. Most of his headers that people say were golden opportunites, look at the replay, i think all apart from one he was on the full stretch and physically could not get them on-goal.

-Reina should had never been sent off. Yes he caught Gudjohnsen but he was going for the ball and he got the ball. A yellow card at best, but a red? Definetly not

-Robben should have been booked for overrreacting.

-Gudjohnsen handled the ball outside of the box before Reina tackled him. If the ref called it a handball, a free kick would had been given along with a yellow card. Reina would had never made a tackle nor would had he got sent off.

We must appeal.

I was not saying that his tackle was a red card as it would have only been a yellow.
The red card cam from his retaliation to whatever Robben said to him. If you push someone is the face/throat or whatever Reina did then you get a red card, it was right infront of the ref as well, you cant get much more clear-cut than that.
Doesnt matter if Robben is a diving :censored:, its still a red card and i am not sure if appealing to the FA will change anything.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:19 am

We need a proven top class striker. Robbie is a good option. We need a striker who is always pushing the ball forward with or without assist. Our striker is hardly flagged for offiside. I think, our priority now should be a top class striker. Make one or find one!
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:30 am

look, reina raised his hands and had t be red carded, its not relevant whether or not robben dived, the fact is if you raise your hands then its a red card.

just like ronney got his red against bolton when he put his hand in taims face, the good think is that tain alo got a ban after the game for his reaction so lets hope robben also suffers a similar fate.

ok now to the game itself, once again we had no cutting edge and our chances were few and far between, but then again what do you expect when we revert to 4 5 1, if we have trouble scoring with 2 forwards on the pitch how the hell are we expected to score with only one
112-1077774096

Postby red_guy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:31 am

peewee wrote:ok now to the game itself, once again we had no cutting edge and our chances were few and far between, but then again what do you expect when we revert to 4 5 1, if we have trouble scoring with 2 forwards on the pitch how the hell are we expected to score with only one

Somehow i agree with you on that. Honestly everytime i see us playing 451 formation, we're having difficulties to score especially against big teams.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:06 am

The formation gave us a chance to control the midfield and we did create the chances though Crouch failed to take them
He  has got to do  better in the air, i dont expect him to be a poacher like Crespo but he has got to take advantage of that height assest.
End of the day im gutted at losing though its not the end of world when put in perspective , im more annoyed over Reina situation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:10 am

red_guy wrote:
peewee wrote:ok now to the game itself, once again we had no cutting edge and our chances were few and far between, but then again what do you expect when we revert to 4 5 1, if we have trouble scoring with 2 forwards on the pitch how the hell are we expected to score with only one

Somehow i agree with you on that. Honestly everytime i see us playing 451 formation, we're having difficulties to score especially against big teams.

When you compare the ratio of goals scored vs shots made, the only teams who do worse than us at converting chances are Everton, Portsmouth and Sunderland !!!!!

I think we have difficulty scoring no matter what formation we use. We are creating the chances OK - believe it or not we top the league at 14.83 shots per game (Chelsea 2nd on 14.48, Man U 3rd on 13.8) so between our rock solid defence and our powerhouse midfield we are giving ourselves every opportunity to be challenging Chelsea.  If we converted our shots at Chelsea's average of 14.4% of all shots taken we'd have 48 goals for the season so far.  Checkout West Hams stats too... they convert 17.3% of their shots - that conversion rate would give us 58 goals for the season!!! Hell, I'd be happy with the average conversion rate of 11.7% even that would give us 40 goals from our 23 games so far!

Just for info:
                Shots/On goal/goals for      (Conversion rate)
Chelsea are     362/   199/   52                    (14.4%)
Man U            345/   183/   48                    (13.9%)
Arsenal           286/   175/   38                   (13.3%)
Blackburn        265/   130/   38                   (14.3%)
Spurs             256/   141/   34                    (13.3%)
West Ham       197/    90/    34                    (17.3%)
Liverpool         341/   175/   30                    (8.8%)

Obviously, something, somewhere is still not quite right.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:15 am

Well...we need a new batch of strikers then...for now, our only hope  is robbie...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:28 am

Well first of all the game.
We once again played well enough but like the Man Utd game lacked a guy who knows where the net is up front.
I just hope come the end of the season we go all out to buy a good old fashioned striker who scores for fun.
I don't have a real problem with the other positions, including the right hand side.

Now my rant-
I don't care what standards they have in other leagues around the world, but we in England expect a certain amount of professionalism in our game.Tough but fair.
God help Robben if he ever came up against someone like Tommy Smith or Norman Hunter they'd kill him.
Good god Robben my 13 year old daughter would'nt have flinched at what Reina did.
If any Liverpool player ever pulled the same stunt I would hope, infact expect our manager to bench the guy for a while and publically shame him.
Mourinho - lets see what your made of, Stand up for FOOTBALL and its English values.
Do the right thing.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ulswater » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 am

Lets not get all doom and gloomy, don't forget the excellent winning run we had of late, ok the last few games have been a bit sticky, but it's not the end of the world.  Yes we need quality strikers but it'll come in time, this is only Rafa's second season, personally I think he doing an excellent job, 2 games in hand over United, won the champions league last season..hell it's better than fighting for 4 th place or ending up 6-7th like we have been doing.  His second season and we are up there, yes there is still a lot of work to do ..but there is no need for all the knee-jerk reactions..keep cool..it'lll happen.  :D  So we lost to Chelsea, big deal, they do have a much better side than us, sorry but that is fact..but not for long, Rafa will lead our team to victory..but it'll take time and not two seasons.
ulswater

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 am

[quote]did anyone notice gudjonssen's deliberate handball to control the ball as reina was about to challenge him? i certainly did, pity the linesman was too busy counting the roubles in his back pocket to see it
i seen him do it
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion