LFC VS CHELSEA - Build up...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Salvi Torres » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:59 pm

right okay fair point but sorry i just realised something-------does henry not destroy the entire premership week in week out??? did he not make a complete bal ls of carra a couple of seasons back , does he not always score against man utd??
Statistics underline Henry's astonishing consistency. Top Premier League goalscorer for three of the past four seasons, he has reached the club landmark in 303 games.

enough said!
Salvi Torres

Postby the_red_alonso » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:27 pm

I'm totally gutted.I was anticipating this fixture since months & was hoping us to whack the billionaires at the Shitford Bridge.OK Crouch is a good team player but thats it,he's nothing more.We played well in the middle but the difference is that they finished off the chances they got while Crouch was hitting everything but the net.
I get :censored: of when I see guys like Bentley scoring a hat-trick aginst Man Ure & Luke Moore giving Chelsea a hard time.
Cant Rafa see the quality around him -OK his philosophy is not to spend on a player more than his worth.But to progress u have to take chances,make gambles.
Plzzzzz Rafa plzzz get us worldclass strikers there r loads of them Tevez,Torres,Cavenaghi .
If he can spend 7m on Crouch why cant he spend 20-25m on somebody who will give 5 times more goals then crouch.
I know we're progressing & this isn't an emergency that we lost 2 in last 3 games BTH tonight & Birmingham & Old Trafford jst make it clear that if u cant score u cant win.
And for me Rafalution will start only when we win the title.This team will progress ,do well in coming years but if the quality of strikers remain the same I know we will allways lose against Man U,Chelsea & Arsenal.This season I din care if we challanged Chelsea ,I just wanted to see Liverpool whack chelsea in the 2 league games against them.It got around me & I am :censored: up we're nowhere near them They are the best in the world by a long way we lost 1-6(Over 2 games) in league 6-1 is a scoreline that means we are an average team as compared to chelsea(i hate to say this).
And by the way I think Barcelona will again embarass themselves this season.Chelsea will punish them again.Chelsea is gonna win the TREBLE & this is the beginning of a period of chelsea's dominance in world football(Rafalution TBH will only go far as coming 2nd to them,winning the odd cups or so)
I cant see Liverpool winning the league in at least the coming 3-4 seasons.Chelsea will allways outbuy everybody,they can play 25m signings as sub,Arsenal have a huge pool of talented younsters & Man U atleast they can spend on players of world class ability.
Right now I have prepared myself to endure another title-less-decade.Till then YNWA
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mariesamsam » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:54 pm

Dear member

I'm writing you to let you know about an exciting community on the Internet - SurveySavvy. I'm a member and it offers you a great opportunity to make a difference and earn money at the same time by taking research surveys online.

To sign up, click on the following link:
http://www.surveysavvy.com/ss....on=join

If that doesn't work, copy and paste the link into your browser.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
you might think this just a load of :censored: but thats what i though if you have spare time take a look i did and it has the making of a good money maker
mariesamsam

Postby Robbie Fowler is Back » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:02 pm

I thought this topic had just turned into the "Hernan Crespo" appreciation society post!

Stop praising him, just because he has just carved our defense apart.......Again!

For me, Henry is the better all round striker, and I think I am right is saying he has scored more goals this season.

Didnt Henry score a couple when Arsenal beat Inter Milan 1-4, or 1-5 in the San Siro? He can score in Europe.

Ps. The REAL reason in my book, that Fowler did not travel to Chelsea is the fact that, if Rafa had taken him, that would have meant he would have had Cisse, Moro, and Fowler on the bench? 3 strikers, whom he didnt need.

He'd already made up his mind I'm sure.
Robbie Fowler is Back

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:11 pm

for crying out loud everybody!! we lost a game against the current strongest team in the premiership having played better than them for long periods. its not the end of the season and its not a disaster, in fact anyone who expected us to go there an win was seriously deluded. a point would have been great and in many ways we deserved one.

i'm of the same opinion as many that if we'd had a decent striker in there we'd have come out of the game a lot better off, but am i f*ck going to blame crouchy for that. the lad has played his own game pretty well again but everyone knows he is not lone striker material. i can only wonder what someone like errr.. for example... robbie fowler would have done with some of the balls he knocked into dangerous areas.

and that pitch was a joke. it highlights the kind of solid but unsophistictaed football chelsea play as its impossible to play anything other than route one physical football in such conditions. i'm not blaming it for our loss but i think it was disgraceful.

but nowhere near as disgraceful as that f*cking w*nker robben's behaviour to get pepe sent off. the sooner that kind of disgusting nonsense is punished severely and banished from football the better.

I still haven't seen the match , it always annoys losing against them :angry: but hey, it's just a football game, we know that can happen at this level, just the same way they finished behind us in the CL league. We are growing, anyway we must be optimistics.

And now I'm going to the Mark Gonzalez thread, to tell you about his first goal for Real Sociedad and the 2 extra points we owe to the Liverpool's player.
:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:13 pm

i think now we're able to finally let go of the dream of catching Chelski and focus on getting 2nd.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rastalovich » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Robbie Fowler is Back wrote:I thought this topic had just turned into the "Hernan Crespo" appreciation society post!

Stop praising him, just because he has just carved our defense apart.......Again!

For me, Henry is the better all round striker, and I think I am right is saying he has scored more goals this season.

Didnt Henry score a couple when Arsenal beat Inter Milan 1-4, or 1-5 in the San Siro? He can score in Europe.

Ps. The REAL reason in my book, that Fowler did not travel to Chelsea is the fact that, if Rafa had taken him, that would have meant he would have had Cisse, Moro, and Fowler on the bench? 3 strikers, whom he didnt need.

He'd already made up his mind I'm sure.

Only thing that supprizes me is that, in my way of thinking, even if I don`t get picked, I go along to the game.

Unless... ??!! What ? Gym ?
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby MaccaLFC » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:29 pm

How fuc.king horrible was that?

I had to laugh at Pepes tackle, or I would have cried! You got to admit, Stevie would have been proud of that one! :laugh:

There's no cutting edge for us unfortunately, it's becoming annoying. We've scored one goal vs Chelsea/Man Utd all season, and that was a midfielder.

Crouch looks like a fish out of water in the big games, therefore he's never really going to make it, is he?

Gutted anyway, is it Charlton away next? What date?
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:17 am

MaccaLFC wrote:How fuc.king horrible was that?

I had to laugh at Pepes tackle, or I would have cried! You got to admit, Stevie would have been proud of that one! :laugh:

There's no cutting edge for us unfortunately, it's becoming annoying. We've scored one goal vs Chelsea/Man Utd all season, and that was a midfielder.

Crouch looks like a fish out of water in the big games, therefore he's never really going to make it, is he?

Liverpool dominatee possession and looked as comfortable on the ball in the first half particularly as they have been pretty much all season but we DO lack that cutting edge to turn creating chances and superior possession into goals.

I think I'm right in thinking Chelsea scored with their first real chance ?

Rafa is obviously bringing his Valencia idea into the club and the signing of Crouch as a Jon Carew Mk II is iindicative of that but what he has failed to find is an Aimar to compliment. I think he thought he'd found him in Luis Garcia and although he does create and score it's all too infrequent.

Watching today there isn't a lot between the teams but that extra 1% we ned to bridge might as well be a chasm at the moment.  :oops:

I'm too annoyed to discuss the Robben/Reina incident except to say the game is a crock of :censored: when players take a dive like the Dutch Windmill did :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:18 am

just got in from chelsea :censored: me the :censored: we got was a joke. that diving little :censored: should get done, when pepe touched robben he ot sent off but when the chelsea  players was pushing pepe should they have been sent off to me they should off. robbe nmade a meal out of the mater
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:33 am

MaccaLFC wrote:How fuc.king horrible was that?

Tend to agree about Crouchy I'm afraid.  I was hesitant at the start of the season when we signed him and even though I'm willing to admit that he's played better than I expected I still think he's average at best and certainly no better than many of the EPL's 'target forwards'.

For all Rafa's brilliance when it comes to tactics, I reckon Crouch was a waste of money.  Morientes can do everything Crouch can plus a whole lot more when he's in form. Bottom line is none of our forwards are acceptable Liverpool standard at the moment. I'll reserve judgement on Robbie's return until we've seen him in action a few times although its hard not to be optimistic. :D

Unfortunately, the collected dissapointment that is Cisse/Crouch/Morientes is really putting unnecessary pressure on the rest of the team i.e. the defence to keep clean sheets and the midfield to score in every game. 

I'm going to have to refrain from posting soon I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but I'm concerned now that this pressure will (maybe has already) begin to tell and we could still end up in a fight for fourth spot if we're not careful and ours strikers fail to find form.

I'll have to go and read Sabre's comments about Gonzales to cheer myself up...
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:41 am

It pisses me off when the pundits on TV trot out the usual "well his hands were raised" :censored: ! Using their rule of thumb why doesn't everyone who raises their hand walk then ? As ynwa has just said at least 3 Chelsea players came running over arms raised ??? I'm not advocating such a course of action but when Robben goes down quicker than Bangkok Ladyboy you have to say he is creating the situation!

The games a crock of :censored: when players start to do what Robben did today. Minutes earlier he threw his rattle out of the pram big time gesticulating like a Windmill cos a decision went against him and what does he get off the referee ? A talking to ???

Ok Reina lost it and Rafa admitted as much but you have to question Chelsea's conduct. Gudjohnsen gets fouled and although I don't watch SKY apparrently my mate has SKY Plus and you can clearly hear the Chelsea players telling Gudjohnsen to stay down???

They also bring back Essien 24 hours after the 5 Day rule in regard to the African Nations competition and Mourinho asks for respect  ??? Yeha right Maureen, we'll respect you when you start respecting the game  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:47 am

did anyone notice gudjonssen's deliberate handball to control the ball as reina was about to challenge him? i certainly did, pity the linesman was too busy counting the roubles in his back pocket to see it
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:55 am

mariesamsam wrote:Dear member

I'm writing you to let you know about an exciting community on the Internet - SurveySavvy. I'm a member and it offers you a great opportunity to make a difference and earn money at the same time by taking research surveys online.

To sign up, click on the following link:
http://www.surveysavvy.com/ss....on=join

If that doesn't work, copy and paste the link into your browser.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
you might think this just a load of :censored: but thats what i though if you have spare time take a look i did and it has the making of a good money maker

F*ck off!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:58 am

Woollyback wrote:did anyone notice gudjonssen's deliberate handball to control the ball as reina was about to challenge him? i certainly did, pity the linesman was too busy counting the roubles in his back pocket to see it

Yeah I seen it and I shouted it as soon as it happened, you are never going to get a desicion like that at the bridge.

Im sure it will be taken into account when the panel look at it.

Hopefully!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion