Lfc handed cl lifeline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Fri May 27, 2005 6:17 pm

I cant seem to find this story on any websites but it's been on Teletext and Sky News since yesterday. The President of TNS was interviewed a while ago which proves that the story isn't a load of bullsh*t. I am confident that we'll be given opportunity to defend our title but i dont think UEFA will use this solution. Anyway, Fingers Crossed .

This was the TNS chairmans reaction when he came up with this possible solution:   :idea
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri May 27, 2005 6:56 pm

Name for EC without L'pool : BTHWWNBAGAL
Bunch of Teams Who Will Never Be As Good As Liverpool !!
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri May 27, 2005 7:14 pm

I cant seem to find this story on any websites but it's been on Teletext and Sky News since yesterday. The President of TNS was interviewed a while ago which proves that the story isn't a load of bullsh*t. I am confident that we'll be given opportunity to defend our title but i dont think UEFA will use this solution. Anyway, Fingers Crossed .

This was the TNS chairmans reaction when he came up with this possible solution:   

As I say taken from itv.com
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri May 27, 2005 9:04 pm

Firstly a question: Didn't Leon having something about Total Network Solutions in his signature a while back?

Secondly: THIS COULD BE AN ABSOLUTELY PERFECT WAY TO SECURE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR.

Neither the FA nor UEFA have to be seen to be 'backing down'. TNS get their glory match and the gate and we get into the qualifiers as do four other Premiership teams.......... everyone's happy. :) :)

What we need is anyone with any power at all to hammer UEFA and the FA from now until June 17th, dont let the pressure off them, and they'll have to give.

Just heard this TNS possibility discussed on Sky News and their owner is all for it.

The sticking point as I see it will be that their will still 5 Prem. teams in the competition.........which remains a breach of UEFA CL rules, but I think we should get behind this idea.

CL football is crucial to our season next year, both financially and for attracting new talent.

STAND UP FOR TNS!
Last edited by fivecups on Fri May 27, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:31 pm

This doesn't solve the 5 teams from england problem

But most of all, there is no f**king way that the welsh FA will sanction it.  They will want their representative to progress as far as possible rather than simply having a money-spinner with liverpool and giving up their spot.

They will give the spot to 2nd place in the welsh prem rather than let TNS do this

Definitely a non-starter this one
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri May 27, 2005 11:33 pm

It's not gonna happen I'm afraid, the Welsh FA have said that they will give the Welsh CL slot to another Welsh team if TNS decide to play-off against Liverpool
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat May 28, 2005 12:38 am

Its an absolute farce ! ???

How did these people at UEFA mange to hold down responsible jobs before they joined UEFA  ?

How could they not foresee that this might happen again after the 2000 winners (Real Madrid) finished 5th in their league ???

So whilst UEFA sit on their collective fat :censored: doing nothing it's left to clubs like TNS to offer solutions (Which i believe is a non starter anyway for the reasons posted previously).

Inter Milan not for the first time cause crowd trouble and nearly maim the oppositions keeper  and get a 6 game "Behind closed Doors" puunishemtn ......

We WIN the fecker (with only ONE arrest in Istanbul)  and they still don't want us in !!!!!!

You couldn't make it up !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 28, 2005 12:52 am

Dalglish wrote:How did these people at UEFA mange to hold down responsible jobs before they joined UEFA  ?

They didn't! That's why they all now work for uefa! :laugh:

I firmly belive we will be allowed into the competition, by hook or by crook we'll be in. The whole competition relies on the money that pours in from the TV companies and the sponsors and, with football now being a money-game, it's inevitable that uefa will have to succumb to the will of their paymasters.

As my dad always said, "he who pays the piper, calls the tune"
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat May 28, 2005 3:03 am

Yeah im pretty confident we will be playing in CL next year. For once the way the modern game dominated by money and PR will work in our favour
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat May 28, 2005 3:12 am

Theres way too much pressure on UEFA now. The minister of sports is calling for UEFA to step in, Sven Goran say we should be defending it, The G14 are saying we should be there next season, there's way too much pressure now. They will have to cave in to demands.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat May 28, 2005 10:07 am

Woollyback wrote:It's not gonna happen I'm afraid, the Welsh FA have said that they will give the Welsh CL slot to another Welsh team if TNS decide to play-off against Liverpool

The reason TNS are willing to effectively 'sell' their qualifying place to us is that they have virtually no chance of qualifying. If they did qualify I imagine the financial reward would be much greater than the gate from a match at the Millenium stadium - but they know they won't. I think their ground has a capacity of 2000. The Welsh FA must know there's no chance of TNS being in the CL proper next year.

I do agree it's unlikey to happen, but I'd still push it as hard as we could.

I could see how it would be seen as a dangerous precedent whereby smaller clubs who have no chance in the CL sell their place to the highest bidder. Real etc. could play every year without having to worry about their league position.

Maybe Everton would offer to sell us their spot - they've no chance in the competition anyway!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun May 29, 2005 2:00 am

REDS REV UP CAUSE
Daily Mirror 28 May 2005 

CHAMPIONS League sponsors and Europe's top clubs yesterday put even more pressure on UEFA to allow Liverpool to defend their title. 

Motor giants Ford, who have a major production line at Halewood on Merseyside, are ready to lobby on Liverpool's behalf.

Ford - one of four Champions League key sponsors along with Amstel, PlayStation and Mastercard who pay £21.1m every year - are understood to be ready to be "very vocal" in support.

And the influential G14 group - made up of 18 clubs including Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal and Manchester United - have also thrown their weight behind Liverpool and will approach UEFA on June 9.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun May 29, 2005 2:17 am

Qualifying chance on cards for Benítez

While Liverpool rebuild, Uefa are working out how to let them defend the cup, writes Denis Campbell.

Sunday May 29, 2005
The Observer

Liverpool's chances of defending their Champions League title received a boost last night when senior figures at Uefa indicated a compromise could be reached to allow the Merseyside club into next season's competition.

A Uefa source said Liverpool would not be handed direct entry, but would probably have to play one qualifying round despite being champions. The sixteenth and final guaranteed place among the 32 teams who contest the group stage would go to Fenerbahçe as champions of Turkey, which as the tenth strongest country in Uefa is due one direct entrant.

'That would be the most reasonable solution, and would be unlikely to offend anybody,' said the official.
By the time Liverpool start their campaign in August they will have made several key changes to their playing squad. Rafael Benítez is resisting the temptation to rest on the laurels of Istanbul and is already preoccupied with the task of giving his European champions a new spine so they can mount a serious challenge next season to Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United in the Premiership. A goalkeeper, a central defender, one or two midfielders and at least one striker are his priorities, and some initial moves have been made to bring in the four, five or six players he wants.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun May 29, 2005 2:53 am

Lurve this fom the Guardian:

Only an organisation as dim as Uefa could simultaneously invite non-champions into a Champions League while turning their back on real champions they have just travelled all the way to Istanbul to crown. Credibility has never been a Uefa strong point, but even by their standards it would be ludicrous to stand on ceremony now, just when their competition is more credible than ever.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion