Lfc could learn a lot - From arsenal performance tonight.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1140560321 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:34 am

For those of you who watched Arsenal V Juventus tonight, as an LFC supporter I was thinking...."why cant we play like that" !??

fast flowing once touch football, that Arsenal played tonight was superb, and carved Juve apart. I thought Arsenal played better, than when we beat them last season overall. We played well defensively, but we hardly dominated.

I could never imagine that sort of passing coming from the likes of Kewell, crouch, riise, and a few others.

We have a lot to learn in order to be the champions of Europe again, or EPL winners. as We are often one dimensional.

fast flowing one touch football is what we need, and players with more intelligence and ability! we still need 4+ players to reach the next level , and not Jermain defoe!

Pires tonight, 33 years old, and carved Juve apart gloriously.

Class, you just can't replace it with second rate players!

:D
65-1140560321

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:38 am

Hi Hustler.......I'm happy to cede that Arsenal played very well tonight as they did the other Sunday when they beat us 2-1 but why does the majority of your posts have to end up laying into Liverpool FC ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am

It's just contrsuctive critisism.

We are still a long way off the pace, regardless of recent performances
65-1140560321

Postby Danny165 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:44 am

Yes i saw a bit, arsenal are a very good team they are 1 i am thinking of being a fan of
Danny165

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:52 am

Yeah we are miles off mate ???

Pires had his first decent game for a year tonight.

I've mentioned in another thread that I'm pleased that Arsenal are improving cos they play the game the way it should be played but the idea that LFC are miles off their standard is misguided on your part.

In Fabregas and Henry they have technically gifted players but defensively they are still suspect and there are more than a few gooners who wished they had our defence.

Success is not measured on the quality of the play or Arsenal would win the League every season cos as you rightly say they are the best at fast flowing one touch football but rather a combination of attack and defence with a slice of luck along the way. Despite what you infer there is not a great deal of difference between the very best sides in Europe and as soon as you crack one aspect of the game there is another that demands your attention.......

LFc are a prime example, a fortnight ago we couldn't buy a goal then start scoring for fun. Early season we leaked goals then shut up shop for a dozen games or so .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:53 am

Danny165 wrote:Yes i saw a bit, arsenal are a very good team they are 1 i am thinking of being a fan of

Make your mind up in your own time  :D

In other words stop "offering" your services as a fan like your doing us a favour !!!!! :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danny165 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:55 am

Dalglish wrote:
Danny165 wrote:Yes i saw a bit, arsenal are a very good team they are 1 i am thinking of being a fan of

In other words stop "offering" your services as a fan like your doing us a favour !!!!! :oops:

no no of course i dont think im doing anyone a favour!  :D  Im just on here to learn about the club
Danny165

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:55 am

I think it's down to Henry! when he plays well, as he often does, Arsenal play well. He's pure class! they looked red hot tonight, but i wonder how well they'll travel for the return....
wish we had Henry.....
Poolinc.

Postby Crown paints » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:56 am

Hello my fellow Kopites. First post and all that. I just wanted to make a comment on the world class fawing over ARSEnal's players in the Game against the Old Lady. Both commentators sounded like they were about to climax everytime they mentioned Eboue or Toure. I think one even near the end got ahead of himself by saying that ARSEnal were a few mins away from being through but, he quickly corrected himself when he said there were 2 legs. I had to side with them though on the Drogba dig.
Crown paints

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:58 am

Danny165 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

no no of course i dont think im doing anyone a favour!  :D  Im just on here to learn about the club

Well stop flooding the forum with the SAME mesage then i.e. I'm new to football and thinking of becoming a  fan" We heard you the first time  :sleep
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danny165 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:08 am

Dalglish wrote:
Danny165 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

Well stop flooding the forum with the SAME mesage then i.e. I'm new to football and thinking of becoming a  fan" We heard you the first time  :sleep

ok i wont repeat myself again
Danny165

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:23 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:For those of you who watched Arsenal V Juventus tonight, as an LFC supporter I was thinking...."why cant we play like that" !??

fast flowing once touch football, that Arsenal played tonight was superb, and carved Juve apart. I thought Arsenal played better, than when we beat them last season overall. We played well defensively, but we hardly dominated.

I could never imagine that sort of passing coming from the likes of Kewell, crouch, riise, and a few others.

We have a lot to learn in order to be the champions of Europe again, or EPL winners. as We are often one dimensional.

fast flowing one touch football is what we need, and players with more intelligence and ability! we still need 4+ players to reach the next level , and not Jermain defoe!

B*llocks you silly tw*t.

The gooners have played one-dimensional footy ever since the perennial whinger Wenger took charge!

They have no plan B, and Barca (if they meet) will rip them apart.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:45 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:I could never imagine that sort of passing coming from the likes of Kewell, crouch, riise, and a few others.

Kewell is one of the best passers in our team and his first touch is also up there with the best.

You cant imagine him passing like that ??

Mmmm  ok then mate, you believe what you want to believe.

Good game from Arsenal, But can you see them playing with the sort of confidence in Turin ?? Remember, (If you are a real supporter) that we also torn Juventus apart at home (Conceding a silly goal) but also followed it through over two games. The real test for Arsenal is in Turin.

Good luck to them but if anything they have a lot to learn from us. Do you remember.... We won this competition last year !!! 

Now run along and go find Kermit you muppet
GLB1

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:46 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:For those of you who watched Arsenal V Juventus tonight, as an LFC supporter I was thinking...."why cant we play like that" !??

Honestly, you sad wankbag - why do you come on here?

You have been banned f*cking thousands of times, and recently you've been behaving for so many posts, then once you tire of a particular guise, you return to the complete sh*t-stabber that you are in double-quick time.

Why is that? Why does a body-building marine, or whatever it is you say you are, spend his life trying to be hated?

Surely if you were currently a Marine, you wouldn't have time to post, nor would you have constant internet access.
If you are an ex-Marine, I can only assume you were being ar*e-shagged by your CO, as no one in there right mind would give a punk-a*sed bitch like you anything but a good hiding and a sore ear.

Go away, you venimous swine. Crawl back beneath the sewer rats' excrement where you belong.  :nod
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:55 am

Arsenal done ok tonight and as they are the only British team in the cup still I think they played good football nice passing they was a bit loose at the back at times but they got the job done. We should give them a pat on the back. Good on um. I could not say I would feel the same if it was Chelsea but there you go.
and it is nice to see the older members of this forum shooting off there gobs again at new members as if they are the only people that know anything about football and no one is entitled to have an opinion of there own.
Its ok newbie I got stick with my 1st couple of posts to o and welcome.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion