Lfc could learn a lot - From arsenal performance tonight.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:03 am

RAGE UK wrote:Arsenal done ok tonight and as they are the only British team in the cup still I think they played good football nice passing they was a bit loose at the back at times but they got the job done. We should give them a pat on the back. Good on um. I could not say I would feel the same if it was Chelsea but there you go.
and it is nice to she the older members of this forum shooting off there gobs again at new members as if they are the only people that know anything about football and no one is entitled to have an opinion of there own.
Its ok newbie I got stick with my 1st couple of posts to o and welcome.

Rage: Assuming you are reffering to Alfonso Alonso 2006.

This "newbie" is actually a serially banned protagonist known as "Hustler", who causes more trouble than any other member on here, and has been knocking around the forum longer than most.

He has threatened numerous members with physical violence, and talks enough sh*t in one day to fertilize the entirety of Wales for the next decade.

Assuming you are reffering to the fan-wannabe:

Don't you think he's being a bit naive to say the least?
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:26 am

Ok I stand corrected.
can I just ask how you know its the same person.......> (This "newbie" is actually a serially banned protagonist known as "Hustler",) and if he is banned dose he have a floating ip and that’s how he gets back in or is he working his was though his friends pcs?.
Sad really isn’t it.
And before you call me naive m8 look at how I see it someone make a comment and as normal someone jumps in with abuse.
Anyway ill step back and let you carry on ok.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:43 am

RAGE UK wrote:Ok I stand corrected.
can I just ask how you know its the same person.......> (This "newbie" is actually a serially banned protagonist known as "Hustler",) and if he is banned dose he have a floating ip and that’s how he gets back in or is he working his was though his friends pcs?.
Sad really isn’t it.
And before you call me naive m8 look at how I see it someone make a comment and as normal someone jumps in with abuse.

No mate - I meant the bloke who is trying to choose a team to support is being naive!!!!!  :D

Hustler has revealed himself as Alf Alonso 2006, and as sad as he is, he seems to think that it's big and clever to keep winding folks up.

He's a disease on the forum.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:43 am

But if we started playing like Arsenal wouldnt we end up being fifth in the league ??? ??? ???
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:46 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:Ok I stand corrected.
Sad really isn’t it.

No mate - I meant the bloke who is trying to choose a team to support is being naive!!!!!  :D

Hustler has revealed himself as Alf Alonso 2006, and as sad as he is, he seems to think that it's big and clever to keep winding folks up.

He's a disease on the forum.

sorry you are right you did say he.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby luvliverpool » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:49 am

Danny165 wrote:Yes i saw a bit, arsenal are a very good team they are 1 i am thinking of being a fan of

:censored: off u Glory Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby azriahmad » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:26 am

Wait till they play the return leg in Turin. Arsenal are very suspect defensively and against them, we were able to slowly come out on top and would have finished stronger if not for Alonso's sending-off.

Juve, without Nedved, looked very lost creatively and would be missing several players like Vieira, Zebina due to suspension, but I think Arsenal would concede goals because Juve will be forced to attack to claw back the deficit. It only takes 1 goal and Arsenal being Arsenal, has the tendency to crack defensively.

Arsenal is a bit fortunate that Fabio Capello is outwardly more cautious and Juve were that way everytime they travel in Europe. Also, if Zalyetta's effot was a foot and a half more to the right, the score would have been 2-1, and a very different outlook to the return game.

It too simplistic to say that Arsenal played better against Juve last night than we did last season, because personell wise and abilities wise, it is not comparable. Rafa is a few players short of his ideal team and looking at how Valencia played under him, we would be efficient and clinical when we are the complete team.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:26 am

Good luck to them, though they have a 2nd leg and a Barcelona team to beat before they can win their first. Then it will take them 200 years for them to win the 2nd.

We will have one 10 before they win one. Simple as.
tel

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:42 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:For those of you who watched Arsenal V Juventus tonight, as an LFC supporter I was thinking...."why cant we play like that" !??

fast flowing once touch football, that Arsenal played tonight was superb, and carved Juve apart. I thought Arsenal played better, than when we beat them last season overall. We played well defensively, but we hardly dominated.

I could never imagine that sort of passing coming from the likes of Kewell, crouch, riise, and a few others.

We have a lot to learn in order to be the champions of Europe again, or EPL winners. as We are often one dimensional.

fast flowing one touch football is what we need, and players with more intelligence and ability! we still need 4+ players to reach the next level , and not Jermain defoe!

Pires tonight, 33 years old, and carved Juve apart gloriously.

Class, you just can't replace it with second rate players!

:D

It might have escaped your attention Hustler, but that Juventus team from last year was a lot different to the one that played last night, they where much stronger then and would have beaten Arsenal last year IMO. If Arsenal win it there will be another bandwagon for people like you to jump onto.

There was a lot of nerves last year also because of Heysel, we had'nt met for 20 years and there was a lot of anger nerves and shame and the both games where played on tender hooks you have a short memory.
Watch you dont miss the Gooner wagon feel free to jump onto it.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:43 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:For those of you who watched Arsenal V Juventus tonight, as an LFC supporter I was thinking...."why cant we play like that" !??

fast flowing once touch football, that Arsenal played tonight was superb, and carved Juve apart. I thought Arsenal played better, than when we beat them last season overall. We played well defensively, but we hardly dominated.

I could never imagine that sort of passing coming from the likes of Kewell, crouch, riise, and a few others.

We have a lot to learn in order to be the champions of Europe again, or EPL winners. as We are often one dimensional.

fast flowing one touch football is what we need, and players with more intelligence and ability! we still need 4+ players to reach the next level , and not Jermain defoe!

by my reckoning, Arsenal couldve learnt from us last season in the champions league.

have you had your eyes closed or what mate, weve scored 18 goals in 4 matches, and your moaning about the way we play??

ffs
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:46 am

Danny165 wrote:Yes i saw a bit, arsenal are a very good team they are 1 i am thinking of being a fan of

Look lad I won't tell you again come and supprt Hull City, did you know that John Prescott is a fan of Hull City & our beautiful city got a new stadium and a face lift a few years ago. You'd be perfect in invest into our local economy! So peeflirt around with Liverpool: Hull is your destination, your final destination.
48-1119859832

Postby 112-1143112803 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:29 am

I saw the game-the first half- and was bored at times.I kept wishing it was us not them playing..but i was glad they won.

On the matter of them playing better than us is something every Liverpool supporter who has seen games between the two teams this season and last, will disagree with.

In the first game last season at Anfield where we won 2-1 with the famous last minute goal by Mellor,we dominated possesion and Arsenal were just defending.. demonstrated by the fact that we had over 20 corners and they had none :blush:
In the next match that season in London,we lost 1-3 but played some excelent football especially in the second half.. this game can be compared with the CL final where we were rewarded for playing good positive football after going down 0-3 in the first half... am saying sometimes you play well but the results do not reflect it but thats football for ya :)

This season we are far more better that Arsenal as reflected by our respective positions in the league and the number of points that seperate us- 14!!!- BUT they have superior goal difference of +2 compared to us which really shows where our weakness lies.. our strike force.

My analysis if we still had Owen or they didnt have Henry..we'd be beating them home and away anyday ..even with traore playing :D
112-1143112803

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:40 am

Get some friends you sweaty gypo
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:44 am

The annoying fact is that if we were facing Benfica this week, on our current form we'd be wiping the floor with them
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:55 am

Alright Arsenal played well, nobodys denying it, but juve were a pale shadow of themselves . I wouldnt put my house on Arsenal going through either. That German side thought they were through in Juves last game-it didnt happen tho.

Youre putting the boot in a bit too far , for just constructive criticism. We hit a bad patch against Benfica,got knocked out - :censored: happens. Playing them now would be a different matter altogether.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion