Leverkusen fans - A credit to their club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:02 am

Woollyback wrote:anyone speak any german? I've tried to go on a Leverkusen forum to express my admiration but i can't speak any german and also i'm p*ssed so couldn''t make it past the registration page :D

LFC#1 speaks german  :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:05 am

Leverskusen have amazing fans.

The bit towards the end of the game where one guy got on a load speaker and the rest of the crowd started answering his shouts was incredible.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ian cooper » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:23 am

I was thinking the same thing, great fans and a great club. They have my respect as a side and look forward to meetings we may have in the future.

YNWA being played at the end was the icing on the cake but at the same time showed the manner in which victory and defeat should be appreciated. I think if you ask any fan of either side if the game was enjoyed, whether your team won or lost, the outcome would be the same - Great night for football and hope we see more in the future.
ian cooper

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:28 am

what a well-respectable fans.

hear also what their manager saying:
"...The positive aspects are that our young players could compete with great players such as [John Arne] Riise, Baroš or [Steven] Gerrard. We have to absorb the defeat and get back on our feet in the Bundesliga..."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:32 am

And they wont be in the CL next season either, as they are 7th in the league. Oh well I dont really care :D  we need 4th and to win this cup Walk on :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:35 am

I managed to register on one of their sites but unfortunatley couldn't understand a word .

Their fans gave outstanding support ,at 3-0 you would expect the stadium to start emptying but this lot stayed and supported their team . Great sportsmanship.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:08 am

pride despite loss, admirable

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JOEY B » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:19 pm

They could teach the Mancs a thing or 2.
JOEY B

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:55 pm

Top fans, but have you seen on the television or on the web Mr Thong Man ??

What a total nutter.....

They sang for 100 minutes plus, and that Uffta tune they below out is absolutely unbeleiveable.

I have to say though, the sound of twenty thousand hairy @rsed German loons singing to a status quo number is pretty freakin surreal....

YNWA at the end sung by everyone in the ground was moving, and the German fans are a credit to their club and country.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:50 pm

You'll never walk alone
Not in good quality but it was a very nice gesture from their fans  :)
Last edited by the great one on Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Guapo » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:59 am

The contrast in class between clubs like LFC and Bayer Leverkusen and the likes of Chelsea could not be greater. The lack of dignity that Mourinho has shown in the last few weeks especially towards Barcelona and the ugly scenes at the end of their match were in stark contrast to the dignified way Leverkusen as a club took their defeat. A lot of people think things like that are no longer important in football but the reaction here shows that they are. We have a manager and fans who have class and dignity and so do Leverkusen. Chelsea or Man Ure will never be able to say that.
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
El Guapo

Postby kingofthegreen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:11 pm

El Guapo wrote:The contrast in class between clubs like LFC and Bayer Leverkusen and the likes of Chelsea could not be greater. The lack of dignity that Mourinho has shown in the last few weeks especially towards Barcelona and the ugly scenes at the end of their match were in stark contrast to the dignified way Leverkusen as a club took their defeat. A lot of people think things like that are no longer important in football but the reaction here shows that they are. We have a manager and fans who have class and dignity and so do Leverkusen. Chelsea or Man Ure will never be able to say that.

well said son.... couldnt agree more!

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:12 pm

the great one wrote:You'll never walk alone
Not in good quality but it was a very nice gesture from their fans  :)

awwwwwwww :) what nice people,
hope they sing that when a certain manc team play them in the future :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:23 pm

JOEY B wrote:They could teach the Mancs a thing or 2.

Most fans could  :p

My mate goes to Old Trafford quite a lot and even says how dead it is  :grinning:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rent » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:45 am

hey liverpool-fans,

after reading this topic i have to thank you for all your credits. as a supporter of leverkusen i don´t have many reasons to be proud and standing there with a 10-point influenca at this glory game shouting my out my lungs i thought that this was one of the very few highlights of the season. (the two other highlights were the great victorys over real and bayern in the early season.)

in germany the leverkusen-fan-scene has a very hard standing. its a great feeling to be honoured from the fans of the liverpool fc.
in german tv they showed only a few scenes of the game, this weird teethless liverpoolfan and didn´t even took notice of this historical moment in the block.

thank you for your respect, your supporting of our goal and singing ynwa with us together. it was the best leverkusen audience since the quarterfinal in 2001/2002 we won in a galactical game 4:2 against you and i still remember that the liverpoolfans in this night also supported their team till the end and showed their respect to the leverkusenteam and the fans.

i can´t wait for the next time you visit us in our small home. i´m sure with such a respect from both sides it would be a great day for football again.

thank you and please excuse my shitty english!
best wishes by a leverkusenfan
rent
rent

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion