Lets try and be positive - Forget last night

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:27 pm

are next couple of games could be vital norwich,olymipakos and chelsea away was got to get at least  4 points in the two premiership games and 3 points is a must away to olymipakos if we have any ambition in doin well in this competetion.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:34 pm

I really dont understand the negativity thats been going on in the forum since last night? Ok its sore getting beat by the mancs but they are still one of the best teams in the world despite their recent form and it goes to show when they are pumped up they can beat the best sides still! Hopefully by the time we face them at Anfield the Benitez Liverpool will be in full flow and we will get our revenge. I cant wait till Kirkland comes back into the team and thats not blaming Jerzy for lasts nights defeat but we have our second choice keeper in and hopefully Nunez will come in & impress like the other new boys. Still optimistic even with the news about Stevie.
Last edited by madred on Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:39 pm

i agree with a lot of the comments made about lets try stay positive because in my opinion it wasnt the end of the world it just wasnt there for us, what with all the bullshyte about rio etc,
but i thought xabi alonso was a class act in midfield and had his best game to date for us, im disappointed about gerrard being out for a while but if this was last season i would be really worried but not with alonso in our midfield, him and hamann will be a very good pairing and we wont be at that much of a disadvantage!

my only worry is people saying if we close the gap on arsenal win the league cup n finish fourth thats good progress, ok while it may seem so, we actually need better progress because gerrard will not wait around to take a small step at a timeconsidering how close he was to going during the summer!
anfield will be a fortress again we now have players to break down the teams that come for a point, so there are no worries there its just our away form thats needs to get going, we lost to bolton n man u, lets not lose our next away one, away to chelski!  :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:41 pm

i wanna see kirkland in against norwich on saturday cos, jerzy looked like he was getting shot when he just fell back on his ****** for the first goal, and the second goal i felt he could have done a bit better! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Red_Si » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:14 pm

Yes, we need to sell Dudek to FC Kazakhstan or someone. He is a total lemon-fondler.

Kirkland will only come back for 3 games and then be out for 8 weeks with a grass stain or something.
Red_Si

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:16 pm

Red_Si wrote:Kirkland will only come back for 3 games and then be out for 8 weeks with a grass stain or something.

:D  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:16 pm

To me 4th place is not an option no matter how many points we are close to Arsenal. Being in the top three is always better than being in the top four.

Norwich game, like every game is important. Our players didn't take Mancs seriously to be honest, they thought the Mancs were going to be easy because they had a poor start. However they got the drug user back and they played at home. However we can no longer lose so many away games, I prefer a draw than a loss.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:47 pm

im still positive, dont get me wrong...
its just, the mancs beat us.
We could win everything in the world but getting beat by the mancs is still guting, so let me mope a bit...k?

:p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:19 pm

The result was bad enough but the performance was shocking and Gerrard out for upto 8 weeks. :angry:

The only positive thing from last night was Carragher and Alonso as they didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

As for the defending of set pieces that was just pathetic but it should be fixed easily enough.

Looking on the bright side the scum playing aswell as they did for a long time and us playing terrible they still needed some shocking decisions from the ref and linesmen to win.

I just cannot believe after all their defensive problems we didn't put any pressure on them and way too many of our players failed to turn up especially Kewell and Cisse who strolled around the pitch like it was a training session. :angry:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:You cant tell me that any of u woke up this morning and smelt the roses,

Yes me, I had far too much to drink last night to drown my sorrows, got home extra late and my missus had put the snip on the front door, I had to sleep in the garden, by the roses.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:43 pm

Christ, you get it rough Leon.  :D

Good post Mike. I missed the game last night as I couldn't get out of work, but I'm going to settle down and watch it with a beer later on tonight on video (not looking forward to it but what can you do).

I've been banging the drum all along that it'll be a while before we know where we're at, and I'd be more concerned by losing to Bolton 1-0 than losing to Man UTD.

The only annoying thing is Gerrard's injury: if our form is funny over the next two months a lot of people (and who knows, maybe with some justification) will claim that we defer judgement on Benitez and the team until Stevie returns. There was too many of those excuses last season and I'd like to see where we're at with a full team at our disposal.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:07 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Christ, you get it rough Leon.  :D

Good post Mike. I missed the game last night as I couldn't get out of work, but I'm going to settle down and watch it with a beer later on tonight on video (not looking forward to it but what can you do).

I've been banging the drum all along that it'll be a while before we know where we're at, and I'd be more concerned by losing to Bolton 1-0 than losing to Man UTD.

The only annoying thing is Gerrard's injury: if our form is funny over the next two months a lot of people (and who knows, maybe with some justification) will claim that we defer judgement on Benitez and the team until Stevie returns. There was too many of those excuses last season and I'd like to see where we're at with a full team at our disposal.

JBG, wait until you watch the match, then you will appreciate how poor and how outplayed we were by United especially in the first half.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:18 pm

Some like to say that they are optimistic and realistic but you can't be both imo. No one is realistic these days. You either support the club through thick and thin and keep your muth shut or you don't. Hearing people slate players is getting annoying. There are some exceptions but not all the time. Weeks ago many of you were saying sell Hamman,etc... now look at you.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:38 pm

For once i agree with you Einstein. Nobody got more of a slating weeks ago than Silvestre  :D And its down to everyone to ..as you put it-keep their muth shout and follow their team.   :oops:
27 years just waiting for a chance to win a major trophy
Give silverwear a glance
For 27 years we've been living next door to city
CITY, WHO THE F*CK ARE CITY
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:47 pm

Silvestre is still a horrible defender.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member